Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

1569970002_large_zps1602f048.jpg

Sean. Carrot soup. Thanks for the recipe. I made some changes..... lol

I didn't plan for that much ginger. Instead of white wine it got some rice wine. Added a little extra lemon juice and some small sweet fesh yellow orange and red peppers. That should help perking up that "freshness" the ginger would. Toasted my own cumin to add to my generic curry powder too.

A new question now comes up. How do I handle the spice residue in the coffee mill?

The ginger punch in it is stellar. Substitutions sound reasonable though.

I grind salt in my mill to remove it. Probably more effective ways, but that and a quick wipe down is enough for me. More important for when you grind things like cloves since they hang out for a while.

Salt... derp. I bet it works well. Maybe rice too if it's super oily. I knew it had to be simple.

:-)

I over peppered the soup which did mute some of the subtle wonderful flavors. I had some without the overdose of black pepper first. It was yummy loved the ginger. I could tell it would be better with more fresh ginger. I tend to over pepper all soup. My grandfather did it, and it kind of gives me that comfort food feeling. Yum.

Edited by dem beats

I've got three different splined tools. Doesn't help you much. Doh

I found the right splined tool today for $5, got the cassette changed without a chainwhip. Bearings were in surprisingly good condition after this winter's commute.

Gave the chainring a good clean and also cleaned up the "new" brakes. I need to find a day to install the brakes and brake cables until next Sunday when the season opener for the MTB championship takes place. 4 or 5 laps on a 2.3 mile track. I'm going this Sunday with some co-workers to check out the track.

And then it's tire shopping time biggrin.png

Would be cool to take my 20+ year old bike and whoop some expensive bike arse smile.png

WHoop 'em. I also ride a 1993 mtb. Road bike is 10 years older smile.png I smoke people all the time.

Cables take a half hour maybe, not a day. Make sure you lubricate the new ones first as they don't come that way and it is way easier before assembly.

"A day" for me means an hour or so in an afternoon. About 2 weeks ago I changed the front brake cable sometime during around midnight as that's only when I found the time :lol:

Mine's 1991-1992 based on the group set.

hZq6g8r.jpg

Off for another day of training. Kinda nice when you get to train others.

Shit........time for work.

J

hZq6g8r.jpg

legos?

hZq6g8r.jpg

legos?

Yep.

One lane of Interstate 79 in West Virginia was closed down on Sunday

for a tragic spill of Lego bricks. The bricks scattered across the

highway, no doubt giving drivers traumatic flashbacks to the last time

they stepped on a Lego brick in bare feet.

As hazardous as Legos are to unshod humans, they also pose a

potential risk to vehicles. They may not be able to puncture a tire, but

I imagine Legos could be pretty slippery, especially in the damp, cold

conditions at the time. The only thing worse than a bunch of loose Legos

on an interstate would be a bunch of wet, half-frozen loose Legos.

The spill spawned one of the most concise articles I've ever seen about a highway disaster. WDTV reported,

"Around 5:15 Sunday afternoon, there was a roadway obstruction of Lego

blocks on I-79 around mile marker 117 in Harrison County. Traffic was

down to one lane until crews could clean up the mess." I imagine what

took so long was the crews having to locate the pieces for, and put

together, the entire "Hobbit" Bag End kit.

Same here.

I was just driving behind some la sabre or other Buick type car, and the driver drifted it around the turn--it was sick. trippy.gif

got me a GoPro Hero 3 Silver today. Gonna try to figure it out and see what the fuss is all about

got me a GoPro Hero 3 Silver today. Gonna try to figure it out and see what the fuss is all about

What are you looking to film with a go pro, mostly good for stuff "on the go" extreme sports and such? Or are you saying, you aren't sure why the 3 hero silver designation is a big deal?

If I was youngl I would have whatever top of the line go pro camera for sure.

Mount it to the next Lambo you drive. :)

Could use one on Sat. Going on a banzai rip down the ditches to put on some last minute winter miles.

I was just driving behind some la sabre or other Buick type car, and the driver drifted it around the turn--it was sick. trippy.gif

What are you looking to film with a go pro, mostly good for stuff "on the go" extreme sports and such? Or are you saying, you aren't sure why the 3 hero silver designation is a big deal?

If I was young I would have whatever top of the line go pro camera for sure.

I just got it because I got a good deal on one and everyone says how nice they are. Figured I would try it out. Not sure what young is considered but my kids will enjoy it too. I will mount it in my truck and get various demos, take it to cruise ins and such. Mainly just something to mess with. If I still had my quad it would be perfect for that. The black edition is badass just dont think I needed it.

Close to my phone call record.  Might have set an SSA email record a couple of days ago.

Apart from safety reason, would there be any problems if I hook my electric windows directly to the battery, so I don't need the key or it being in a certain position for the windows to work?