Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I need to find a GOOD butcher around here. Most of them are shit.

J

When it comes to computer parts I am obsessive. I'm waiting on the 8xx cards to drop and then I might redo my whole system and get on an I7.

Or maybe a dual Xenon rig with the new 12 core hyperthreaded chips. 48 threads FTMFW!!!!

CarPC is an i5, 8gb Ram, 500gb SSD, 8.1Pro

I hate fucking around.

That is pretty pro. And not cheep, but not $$$$ either.

500GB SSD?

Why?

NM. I will never go back to platter drives.

Why yours don't last is weird. I beat the living Fuck out of my SSDs. I'm running a RAID though.

What is your power supply?

Heat could be an issue too..... But SSD creates almost no heat so unless heat is leaching into it, it should be ok.....

In a highly ventilated 19" rack with the computer case open. Not hot in there.

500gb SSD is because I have 700gb of music in mp3 form. 200gb or so I don't "need". Just wanted a single drive until I get things cleaned up. My luck with drives has me not wanting to put another TB of storage in the car. Figured a single drive would make me happier for now. Nothing on it to backup but the operating system. That is easy and I mirror to the home PC...just have to leave the car on acc in the garage while it does it, lol. Or plug in my external HDD which would fit in the case as it is a 2.5 and would hold what I need. Figured I'd rather have it as a transport drive.

What.

The.

Fuck.

How do you destroy SSDs? I'm dumbfounded.

About to get the wife some huge fucking platter as storage. Probably run a mirror.

Dude your shit is crazy..... Seriously I have abused SSDs so hard.... And in humid conditions....

Watch the knife ride on Hong's knuckles. I have no idea how he feels confident using such a short blade doing this, I would be afraid I'd cut my knuckles. Mine is about an 1" taller, but my hands are also WAY bigger so that makes sense.

What he shows is really not all that hard. He is extremely good at it, I can be nearly as fast but my accuracy is shamed by his speed with it.

First two things anyone needs to learn when starting to cook. 1 - Knife skills. If you can't get your mise en place finished you can't cook, 2 - Appropriate use of Kosher salt.

If you nail those two you will instantly become better than 99.9999% of cooks including many who work "professionally"

Knife skills are a must. Try to avoid cooking shows, too. Presentation means fuck all to anyone with any sense.

I'm trying to tell him what a mistake that is, but he has never had a manual..... And I'm not sure how bad of a driver he really is.

His car is soooooooo bad it was scary for me to drive. And I drove a jetta with summer race tires that was so beat up I had to boil water to heat the engine to start it.

FUCK YOU NVIDIA!

RELEASE TO SHIT, OR AT LEAST THE SPECS SO I CAN GET WITH IT!!!!

When it comes to computer parts I am obsessive. I'm waiting on the 8xx cards to drop and then I might redo my whole system and get on an I7.

Or maybe a dual Xenon rig with the new 12 core hyperthreaded chips. 48 threads FTMFW!!!!

good lord. 

i hear the first 8xx card will be between the 780 and 780 ti in performance but at a lower price point. nothing on the higher end stuff till next year. might as well grab a 6gb 780 if you're doing high res or multi monitor gaming. 

My SSD's last half the time that platter drives do. sad.png

weird, i guess if the hdd is for storage its not spinning constantly so that might explain the lower failure rate. 

building this rig for a friend of mine tomorrow, if the last of the parts arrive. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/rkG26h

Edited by lithium

dded1e2e91f3fd2ee636e2e003e70d0f_zpsaa10

No comments on my bad ass heater meter?

Fine, no pork or brisket for you

Got some Southern Tier Double Milk Stout. Not quite like the Chokolat or the Moka

good lord.

i hear the first 8xx card will be between the 780 and 780 ti in performance but at a lower price point. nothing on the higher end stuff till next year. might as well grab a 6gb 780 if you're doing high res or multi monitor gaming.

I will probably grab an EVGA 880(or Ti if it comes out at launch) and then count on the EVGA upgrade program and basically "coast" on the 880s until the Ti drops.

Maybe that means I have to have the 780?

I dunno.

I'm probably going to be processor capped as I'm still on an I5 Sandy. I can feel it processing photos for sure.

dded1e2e91f3fd2ee636e2e003e70d0f_zpsaa10

No comments on my bad ass heater meter?

Fine, no pork or brisket for you

Totally thought this was some engineering stuff.

Roflmao.

Got some Southern Tier Double Milk Stout. Not quite like the Chokolat or the Moka

Have you tried the Tallgrass buffalo sweat?

building this rig for a friend of mine tomorrow, if the last of the parts arrive.

You are stealing that supernova PS.

I am dual SSD but that is so similar to my rig it's funny.

Although..... Boo on Radeon.

:-(

Try some (512) Pecan Porter. YUM.

Same CPU cooler.

Same display, but I have 3 of the last gen and one of the 27.5" 1900x1200

You are stealing that supernova PS.

I am dual SSD but that is so similar to my rig it's funny.

Although..... Boo on Radeon.

:-(

if it were my build i'd probably change a few things. but i tried to keep things pretty simple for my friend. this is his first gaming pc. i'll do an easy ~4.5 ghz oc on the cpu and the 290 should tear through anything regardless of the settings for 1080p60. 

http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/34

My case.

In white.

ALL our builds are NZXT basically.

another friend of mine used the same case for his build. pretty nice case. did you use the fan controller or just tap mobo fan headers and let it take care of the fan speed? 

Combination. I have the controller for the big fans on top. And the side.

The rest is throttled with the mobo.

The h100 is awesome... I love it.

I want to get some noctoua fans though. Replace most with those.