Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Convert the XP box to Mint and grant it new life

I had thought about moving it to Ubuntu, but not sure.

When it comes to computer parts I am obsessive. I'm waiting on the 8xx cards to drop and then I might redo my whole system and get on an I7.

Or maybe a dual Xenon rig with the new 12 core hyperthreaded chips. 48 threads FTMFW!!!!

How far out do you think on those cards? Itching to get my new box going as the old XP box I use at home is barely working, and it is difficult to use a Win8 small lappy for SSA ish.

End of August or beginning of September they will release the dates for the first wave. So September they might hit the streets. It could be Q1 2015 before the real stuff happens.

Should I come up with some options based on the current 7xx Aaron?

Should just buy the $25 and bite the bullet and install a stereo probably.

Need to research if the Pioneer has a resistive input though so I know it'll be compatible with the Joyconn.

For anyone who's had to sit through Dora/Diego

When it comes to computer parts I am obsessive. I'm waiting on the 8xx cards to drop and then I might redo my whole system and get on an I7.

Or maybe a dual Xenon rig with the new 12 core hyperthreaded chips. 48 threads FTMFW!!!!

How far out do you think on those cards? Itching to get my new box going as the old XP box I use at home is barely working, and it is difficult to use a Win8 small lappy for SSA ish.

End of August or beginning of September they will release the dates for the first wave. So September they might hit the streets. It could be Q1 2015 before the real stuff happens.

Should I come up with some options based on the current 7xx Aaron?

For my needs, if you think it is worth waiting, I will survive on the lil' lappy for a bit longer.  But 48 threads in the same box sounds freaking awesome to me.

48 threads of CPU would cost about $6200 in just processors.

:-)

It's your $$$$.....

Definitely cool though. I was joking when I said I was considering it. I will probably move to an I7 within the year..... But I doubt it will be a xenon.

48 threads of CPU would cost about $6200 in just processors.

adhd.gif

Xenon is a waste in 99% of home systems, but that 12 core hyperthreaded beast is a different animal.

So the new carpet was to be installed sep 13th which gave me plenty of time to get the hallway and stairs ready. While making final payment today they offered to help me tear the old carpet out and do the install today. Boy the wife is going to shit her pants!

Forgot how fun it is busting hump!

Is that a bit too much?

Just a pinch.

Overkill is underrated

I get called Captain Overboard for a reason

Overkill is underrated

I get called Captain Overboard for a reason

captain.gif

Medical insurance cards arrived, plus I got my 401k started. I feel like an adult now.

Karbach Weekend Warrior and chicken, mmmmm