Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/34

My case.

In white.

ALL our builds are NZXT basically.

another friend of mine used the same case for his build. pretty nice case. did you use the fan controller or just tap mobo fan headers and let it take care of the fan speed?

I have also heard the updated phantom 630 or whatever is an upgrade from what I have. I picked the white one up for sooooooooo cheep.

Also, my first PS came with a fan controller. It shit the bed though, so now I have a useless fan controller in one bay LoL.

Combination. I have the controller for the big fans on top. And the side.

The rest is throttled with the mobo.

The h100 is awesome... I love it.

I want to get some noctoua fans though. Replace most with those.

depending on the mobo bios fan settings I might try to skip on the fan controller. 

h100 stock fans are pretty loud at high rpm. curious if the nzxt x61 is worth the price difference. larger fans at lower rpm and cheaper than h100 with noctoua's. variable pump speed might be a cool feature as well. 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6530/closing-the-loop-contained-liquidcoolers-from-corsair-and-nzxt-compared/5

How hot does that processor get?

To me, they look so close it cannot be called. The H80 out does it the h100 stock set up though.

I am running a push pull on my set up, out the top. I thinks the positive pressure noctouas or the PP corsair would be better fans though.

Noctoua being quieter.

Edited by dem beats

My chip has a 25% or more OC at all times and it's always cool as a cucumber.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6530/closing-the-loop-contained-liquidcoolers-from-corsair-and-nzxt-compared/5

How hot does that processor get?

To me, they look so close it cannot be called. The H80 out does it the h100 stock set up though.

I am running a push pull on my set up, out the top. I thinks the positive pressure noctouas or the PP corsair would be better fans though.

Noctoua being quieter.

haswell is 22nm and the sandybridge is 32nm. The h100i is overkill for this build but it looks cool :). If you're chasing 5.0 ghz than h100i or x61 are the way to go. 

reminds me to clean my radiator

Edited by lithium

So funny that you mention that!

I remember thinking the same. I should check my radiator. I don't have a good spot to have it he pull only, and I'm using the stock fans with the h100.

So the large top case fans pull(not efficiency) and the stock fans push.

I actually don't think liquid cooling is any better than a baller air cooler for keeping things cool. Unless we are talking GPU.

Water cooling does

1) Look better

2) Can be "quieter"when done right. Especially for GPU...

3) Takes up less case space, or rather reorients where the space is taken up. This makes airflow in the case so much better.

4) Moves where the heat is. This is my favorite reason to use liquid cooling. You can optimize and specialize. It's just at the cost of more $ and maintenance.

I think I'm going to make a custom cooling system this next time actually.

We shall see......

The top case fans are somewhat redundant with the water cooler up top. Just adding more noise. 

Simpsons marathon on FXX.....dear god.

J

Fuck work!

Got some Southern Tier Double Milk Stout. Not quite like the Chokolat or the Moka

Try some (512) Pecan Porter. YUM.
I actually did yesterday at lunch. A friend took me to Whole Foods do lunch they have a 60 tap bar right smack in the middle of the place.

It is a hella good beer

Blue Baker open a new location in Austin (used to only be in College Station) and I realized my hotel was right by it. Enjoying a smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel. So delicious.

Got to have pretty good Tex-Mex last night AKA blow the roof off the doors of Kansas "Tex-Mex" (Kan-Mex I suppose)

Got to have pretty good Tex-Mex last night AKA blow the roof off the doors of Kansas "Tex-Mex" (Kan-Mex I suppose)

Kan-Mex isn't very good.  We've got mexicans cooking here in town, but none of them like to sell the authentic mexican food either.  

The top case fans are somewhat redundant with the water cooler up top. Just adding more noise.

I don't disagree.

I keep them on low 99% of the time.

When it comes to computer parts I am obsessive. I'm waiting on the 8xx cards to drop and then I might redo my whole system and get on an I7.

Or maybe a dual Xenon rig with the new 12 core hyperthreaded chips. 48 threads FTMFW!!!!

How far out do you think on those cards?  Itching to get my new box going as the old XP box I use at home is barely working, and it is difficult to use a Win8 small lappy for SSA ish.

Convert the XP box to Mint and grant it new life