Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

So I have been going to the gym since Feb to try to pack on some mass.

In the past month I've had a Facebook post started by my wife's family about the size of my chest following a family get together at a lake, two acquaintances independently comment that my shoulders look much broader, and my daughters friend (high school age) comment to her that my arms have gotten larger.

I'm not doing this so I have the satisfaction of people complementing me all the time...but it is nice to know that all of my hard work is not just visible to me alone, and that other people can tell :)

Nice work

What bluetooth ODB2 scanner do you guys use?  

SnapOn Verus and Autel MaxiSYS Pro MY908P coolugh.gif

Ryan - depends on the need. The $12 ones from Amazon will check your codes, but I left mine plugged in and it fired all sorts of errors on the ECU. If you want real time logging I'd use a different one, for just resetting though the el cheapo's work.

Got a friend who is having problems getting auto parts stores to check codes and was wanting a cheap one to recommend to him to do it.  Just for resetting/checking code lights is all thats needed.  

Any of the ELM 327 based units will be fine then.

So I have been going to the gym since Feb to try to pack on some mass.

In the past month I've had a Facebook post started by my wife's family about the size of my chest following a family get together at a lake, two acquaintances independently comment that my shoulders look much broader, and my daughters friend (high school age) comment to her that my arms have gotten larger.

I'm not doing this so I have the satisfaction of people complementing me all the time...but it is nice to know that all of my hard work is not just visible to me alone, and that other people can tell smile.png

Keep kicking ass. :)

Does anybody know much about reasonably priced thermal imagers?

I need a decent, portable, handheld, rechargable imager with decent resolution. It much be able to read roughly 500 F. I must have image storage onboard, and would like removable storage. I am want some form of bluetooth communication to transfer images/video to tablets, cell phones, and laptops (I want this so I can store images/video on my scanner where applicable, and to our tablets, shop computers, and my personal laptop). I want to keep them under $2000 if possible, but will go up to $2500 for an exceptional unit.

Uses? The initial idea was for the battery builds on the hybrids. I can hook up the batteries and hammer them with a fast charge. Heat signatures will let me know if there are shorted cells or exceptionally weak cells in the module to determine if it is worth using these modules or replacing them. I can also use it for misfire diagnosis (I can see the heat signatures of ignition in cylinders, opens in ignition wires, shorts in ignition wires, arcing in caps or coils, exhaust temperatures, etc), air conditioning issues (blockages, leaks, compressor/condenser/expansion valve/orifice function), vacuum leaks, exhaust leaks, catalitic converter function/blockages... and literally hundreds of other uses. It will be an invaluable tool for me.

The 2 units I have more or less gotten stuck on are the Flir E5 and the Fluke Ti95. I am not opposed to the Fluke Ti90 or the Flir E4, but feel like the slight upgrades are worth the extra $500.

The Ti95 meets all my requirements easily. It has onboard storage and SD storage. It is definitely built for a more rugged environment, and just feels more significant in your hand. Finally, it's a Fluke... I have a Fluke 87 meter that is 25 years old and still functions like new and outperforms most modern meters. But it only has a 2 year warranty.

The E5 meets most of my requirements, but it is $500 cheaper. The requirement it lacks is the SD storage. It seems to be built more for security professionals, and contractors, as it is not built with the same attention to rugged in shop use. Biggest bonus? 4 year battery warranty, and 10 year warranty on the unit itself.

Information, input or advice?

FLIR-e40bx.jpg

http://www.flir.com/instruments/display/?id=61194

Fluke-Ti90-and-Ti95.jpg  F_Ti95_13a_ko_328x220.jpg

http://en-us.fluke.com/products/infrared-cameras/fluke-ti95-infrared-camera.html#techspecs

YOu've found the only two brands I've even heard of. We measure molten steel as it is being made to determine length and regularly you'll see Flir in the same environment. Wish I could help more.

angry2.gif

Does anybody know much about reasonably priced thermal imagers?

I need a decent, portable, handheld, rechargable imager with decent resolution. It much be able to read roughly 500 F. I must have image storage onboard, and would like removable storage. I am want some form of bluetooth communication to transfer images/video to tablets, cell phones, and laptops (I want this so I can store images/video on my scanner where applicable, and to our tablets, shop computers, and my personal laptop). I want to keep them under $2000 if possible, but will go up to $2500 for an exceptional unit.

Uses? The initial idea was for the battery builds on the hybrids. I can hook up the batteries and hammer them with a fast charge. Heat signatures will let me know if there are shorted cells or exceptionally weak cells in the module to determine if it is worth using these modules or replacing them. I can also use it for misfire diagnosis (I can see the heat signatures of ignition in cylinders, opens in ignition wires, shorts in ignition wires, arcing in caps or coils, exhaust temperatures, etc), air conditioning issues (blockages, leaks, compressor/condenser/expansion valve/orifice function), vacuum leaks, exhaust leaks, catalitic converter function/blockages... and literally hundreds of other uses. It will be an invaluable tool for me.

The 2 units I have more or less gotten stuck on are the Flir E5 and the Fluke Ti95. I am not opposed to the Fluke Ti90 or the Flir E4, but feel like the slight upgrades are worth the extra $500.

The Ti95 meets all my requirements easily. It has onboard storage and SD storage. It is definitely built for a more rugged environment, and just feels more significant in your hand. Finally, it's a Fluke... I have a Fluke 87 meter that is 25 years old and still functions like new and outperforms most modern meters. But it only has a 2 year warranty.

The E5 meets most of my requirements, but it is $500 cheaper. The requirement it lacks is the SD storage. It seems to be built more for security professionals, and contractors, as it is not built with the same attention to rugged in shop use. Biggest bonus? 4 year battery warranty, and 10 year warranty on the unit itself.

Information, input or advice?

FLIR-e40bx.jpg

http://www.flir.com/instruments/display/?id=61194

Fluke-Ti90-and-Ti95.jpg  F_Ti95_13a_ko_328x220.jpg

http://en-us.fluke.com/products/infrared-cameras/fluke-ti95-infrared-camera.html#techspecs

I will push the Fluke brand. Just because when it comes to taking readings, for me Fluke has been second to none.

J

Seth we have two at work, I will let you know what we use tomorrow.

FLIR from the little I know is the name in the game, but beyond that I haven't a clue.  

Flir makes an add on for a iPhone but it only goes to 212*F.  

It was the Big Ugly from day one. Fitting name as it is fucking ugly.

Anyone edit a TYP file for a GPS here?

MN published the snowmobile trails on their website, my parents retired an old Garmin GPS, so I loaded them up. Fucking skinny white lines which are near invisible in the dark, will be completely washed out in the sun. Want them fat and dark. The web is not super helpful in this...

I need a way to make stimulant juice at work.

Can I live with drip?

Just run drip.