Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

We have a lot of dirt races. Another favorite is using your sled like a jet ski. Popular with the beer drinking community.

We have a lot of dirt races. Another favorite is using your sled like a jet ski. Popular with the beer drinking community.

I've seen that a few times. I always feel bad, but chuckle just a bit when something goes wrong and the bitch sinks.

J

I tried riding across a frozen pond and broke through. I blame it on the heavy ass sled. 

I've seen that a few times. I always feel bad, but chuckle just a bit when something goes wrong and the bitch sinks.

J

Glad I'm not the only one.

People really will paraglide anything, won't they?

This morning I was 10 days into a 35 day month.

67% to my goal. Today the store donkey punched budget. 500-600% over. Basically did the whole week today.

I think I may be hard fucking this month into super bonus land.

woot.gif

Speaking of frequencies, I have a question in regards to "frequency water". Can water be made to hold a certain frequency? Or is it just a value denoted from the pH and mineral content? Is it the resonant frequency of the molecules?

Would any of this change based upon the state of the H2O?

J

No. It could be ice. If the mass increases somehow you may need to turn up the volume, but otherwise it has nothing to do with it being water or dog shit.

Taking Aidan to the snowmobile races tomorrow

What the?! You guy have snow already?
The largest audience for ANY snowmobile race occurs on grass. 140mph+ in the 1/8 is exciting.

HUGE swap meet with it as well. HUGE. 3 hours I saw 10-15% of it.

J

Just pull the plug out from the bottom of the block, drain it out, blast some lube in the cylinders, pull it over a bunch and then fire it up and run again. DON'T run a stock seat though as they stay wet for months.

This looks like too much fun.

With that much straight away, you need to find something to make it interesting. Looks wicked.

I tried riding across a frozen pond and broke through. I blame it on the heavy ass sled.

I regularly cross thick ice that turns to thin and then water back to thin and then thick. Even on my heavy ass trail sled.

While malicious, he had the ball. Not so sure I see that like the ref's did.

This morning I was 10 days into a 35 day month.

67% to my goal. Today the store donkey punched budget. 500-600% over. Basically did the whole week today.

I think I may be hard fucking this month into super bonus land.

woot.gif

Thanks man. Did some math. I'm 5k from my month and have 3 weeks to go.

Grr, trying not to buy a Miata for no damn reason other than I really like them and they would be fun for daily.

It's fun as a daily and it's fast in traffic. 

Consumer Reports takes its independent vehicle testing procedures seriously. In an era when we have to question the EPA's official ratings thanks to recent re-evaluations from Ford and Hyundai, an independent voice is important. So, when CR says something is the best, it's worth paying attention to.

In this case, CR took a look at the fuel economy of the 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel and found that it came out on top of the fullsize pickup truck pack. The Ram did so with 20 miles per gallon overall and 27 mpg on the highway. CR gave the truck a total road test score of 82. The EPA says that the EcoDiesel 1500 gets 28 mpg on the highway, 20 mpg city and 23 mpg combined. Comparing official EPA numbers, the Ram is also the best among trucks in its class. It's nice when people agree on something.

As we know from first-hand, long-distance experience, you can push the 1500 EcoDiesel to 38 mpg. CR found in its own testing that the truck had, "about the same fuel-economy numbers that we typically see in a midsized SUV," said Jake Fisher, CR's director of automotive testing, in a statement.

How the heck do they manage 38mpg? It's a damn truck with a 3.0 diesel, it's heavy, it's not aerodynamic. I looked at the 05-08 Grand Cherokee, similar engine but it won't go over 27mpg bone-stock. I bet it's a tad lighter than the Ram 1500. 

NO MATH ALLOWED IN THE HOP. VIOLATORS WILL HAVE HIGH LEVEL RAD WASTE TREBUCHETED AT THEM

igul8h.jpg

Consumer Reports takes its independent vehicle testing procedures seriously. In an era when we have to question the EPA's official ratings thanks to recent re-evaluations from Ford and Hyundai, an independent voice is important. So, when CR says something is the best, it's worth paying attention to.

In this case, CR took a look at the fuel economy of the 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel and found that it came out on top of the fullsize pickup truck pack. The Ram did so with 20 miles per gallon overall and 27 mpg on the highway. CR gave the truck a total road test score of 82. The EPA says that the EcoDiesel 1500 gets 28 mpg on the highway, 20 mpg city and 23 mpg combined. Comparing official EPA numbers, the Ram is also the best among trucks in its class. It's nice when people agree on something.

As we know from first-hand, long-distance experience, you can push the 1500 EcoDiesel to 38 mpg. CR found in its own testing that the truck had, "about the same fuel-economy numbers that we typically see in a midsized SUV," said Jake Fisher, CR's director of automotive testing, in a statement.

How the heck do they manage 38mpg? It's a damn truck with a 3.0 diesel, it's heavy, it's not aerodynamic. I looked at the 05-08 Grand Cherokee, similar engine but it won't go over 27mpg bone-stock. I bet it's a tad lighter than the Ram 1500. 

Hypermiled it within an inch of its life

Well screw'em. But I did remember the Grand Cherokee has a 5-speed (and turns over 2krpm @ 60mph), while the Ram has an eight-speed transmission. 

Anyway, I'll do a quick fix on my Jeep (another stock turbo) then buy the parts needed for the VNT upgrade. Might as well keep it as I've changed almost everything that can fail. 

If I don't have a CD Rom drive is there a way to use an *.img file?

I do have an external drive though if it makes it way easier. Still need to turn it into an iso then though don't I?