Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Figures, less than 1 day after I order the pac part to plug into my other Joycon EXR which I haven't used yet, they release this:

http://www.rcjoycon.com/base_3/menu_10.php?com_board_basic=read_form&com_board_idx=20&menu=10&&com_board_search_code=&com_board_search_value1=&com_board_search_value2=&com_board_page=&

Can controls on a single board. Nice. Too much dough though. At least my solution was cheaper.

Well screw'em. But I did remember the Grand Cherokee has a 5-speed (and turns over 2krpm @ 60mph), while the Ram has an eight-speed transmission. 

Anyway, I'll do a quick fix on my Jeep (another stock turbo) then buy the parts needed for the VNT upgrade. Might as well keep it as I've changed almost everything that can fail. 

Yeah they did everything possible to keep this thing in 8th gear @ 55 MPH; ~1,250 RPM.

Edited by Penguin4x4

I wonder how I could figure out the CAN controls VW/Audi uses to control the vanes on their turbos....

It would save me at least $100, since I wouldn't have to replace the vane motor controller with a Mercedes one, which uses a PWM signal. 

Same group of people hypermiled an F-150 back when the EcoBoost first came out and got ~30 MPG out of it.

No way in hell are you ever going to get close to those numbers if you drive your car normally, though.

No way in hell are you ever going to get close to those numbers if you drive your car normally, though.

I drove 150mi yesterday. Was averaging above 19mpg.

Then all of a sudden I was on a closed course and right next to a Cummins Ram with a 6" tail pipe chortling soot. Raced him from 60-120 and my mileage dropped to 17mpg average for 2/3 of the trip. Explains why I normally get 11.

Beat him btw. Wish I had already turboed it though smile.png

Speaking of frequencies, I have a question in regards to "frequency water". Can water be made to hold a certain frequency? Or is it just a value denoted from the pH and mineral content? Is it the resonant frequency of the molecules?

Would any of this change based upon the state of the H2O?J
No. It could be ice. If the mass increases somehow you may need to turn up the volume, but otherwise it has nothing to do with it being water or dog shit.

Understandable.

J

Consumer Reports takes its independent vehicle testing procedures seriously. In an era when we have to question the EPA's official ratings thanks to recent re-evaluations from Ford and Hyundai, an independent voice is important. So, when CR says something is the best, it's worth paying attention to.

In this case, CR took a look at the fuel economy of the 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel and found that it came out on top of the fullsize pickup truck pack. The Ram did so with 20 miles per gallon overall and 27 mpg on the highway. CR gave the truck a total road test score of 82. The EPA says that the EcoDiesel 1500 gets 28 mpg on the highway, 20 mpg city and 23 mpg combined. Comparing official EPA numbers, the Ram is also the best among trucks in its class. It's nice when people agree on something.

As we know from first-hand, long-distance experience, you can push the 1500 EcoDiesel to 38 mpg. CR found in its own testing that the truck had, "about the same fuel-economy numbers that we typically see in a midsized SUV," said Jake Fisher, CR's director of automotive testing, in a statement.

How the heck do they manage 38mpg? It's a damn truck with a 3.0 diesel, it's heavy, it's not aerodynamic. I looked at the 05-08 Grand Cherokee, similar engine but it won't go over 27mpg bone-stock. I bet it's a tad lighter than the Ram 1500.

The cherokee doesnt even get 27mpg.

I actually like that.

Rumors that the next Speed3 will be AWD, especially if the EVO does not return. If so, they can take my money now. wink.png

No shit!? Any more info?? I wonder if it will be Haldex or another Ford design.

No set details yet. I think it was leaked as a teaser to gauge interest. Regardless, they need to make it AWD, as once you go 300hp, it is silly to be FWD IMO.

Yes, and it was a bit dated as well. They need to quit bull shitting anyways and just get it done.

I am fighting myself to not buy a used Speed3 as it is now.

Drive one, then go drive a Focus ST.  You won't want anything to do with the Mazda.  What makes it worse is a new ST is the same price as a 2-year-old Speed 3.  Or 3.  I don't remember if 11 or 12 was the last year.

The comparisons I have read and watched, seem to make the Speed3 more of what I am after.  As for used, I was more so considering Gen1, but who knows.  Putting CAMs in the P5 is not something I should be doing if I am ready to spend my money on another car. sigh.gif

I got my first soccer game on Saturday. Not sure if anyone here plays soccer tongue.png

Haven't stopped playing since 5. ;)

I got my first soccer game on Saturday. Not sure if anyone here plays soccer tongue.png

I hear this one guy here likes to play a little....

You mean the guy who always has a broken toe?

Hey now, it is kind of almost better.

Aaron, I think I'm going to PM you tonight with some parts and ideas etc.

Been stupid here.

Stupid?

Aaron, I think I'm going to PM you tonight with some parts and ideas etc.

Been stupid here.

Stupid?

Out of control. So many invoices at work. Planning an event for my charity this Saturday, birthday party for a friend..... Etc.

I feel bad about not getting some options to you faster Aaron.

Been staying late at work too. Today I went in on my day off so I could do inventory.

Copped me an HTC M8.

Circumstances have it so it dropped my bill while adding on a new phone.

Thanks T Mobil.

I drove 150mi yesterday. Was averaging above 19mpg.

Then all of a sudden I was on a closed course and right next to a Cummins Ram with a 6" tail pipe chortling soot. Raced him from 60-120 and my mileage dropped to 17mpg average for 2/3 of the trip. Explains why I normally get 11.

Beat him btw. Wish I had already turboed it though smile.png

Hell my parent's first Suburban would get single digits if you dogged it enough. Considering it only put out 250 horsepower and 350 ft. lbs. torque through a 4L60E, that happened on a few occasions...