Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Needless to say, I can't give you any experience with all inclusives.

I've been to a couple resorts that offer them, actually had one once. Still spent a ton of money elsewhere. Company picked that tab up though.

The other was at my buddies wedding. Everyone was jealous I didn't pay for the inclusive. Had way better food and overall spent way less money. Probably could have done that even if we never left. It did help that I got free beers from others of course. Bought drinks for others out and they helped me in.

One recommendation I do have. Both times I've been in them it was with more than 20 people. That could make it partially palatable, but it really sucks feeling you are locked in to staying since you want to eat/drink/get your money's worth.

My sister likes laying still. Her husband pays for the uber package that includes shit like Veuve Clicquot in the all you can drink. Obviously the food quality and drinks they get also might excite me.

My other roomate from college just sold his bar/restaurant in the Virgin islands. I never got to go visit sad.png

We have actually been talking of opening A bar/restaurant up here,Sports bar ect... I'm not sold on it yet as they wan't to keep it the sports bar get-up and they are bunch around here,And I have watched several go under!

Why not fly to Paris, Rome, Prague and have a real vacation? You can sit on the beach when you get old.

My other roomate from college just sold his bar/restaurant in the Virgin islands. I never got to go visit sad.png

We have actually been talking of opening A bar/restaurant up here,Sports bar ect... I'm not sold on it yet as they wan't to keep it the sports bar get-up and they are bunch around here,And I have watched several go under!
Location, Food & Beverage first. Sports, meh. I hope that craze dies. 8 million tv's everywhere is putrid. Not saying all of them should leave as I don't mind a bar for sporting events, but the combo bars trying to appeal to both can bite me. Shut the damn idiot boxes OFF.

Posting in here is healthier for me.

I've now played my guitar 1x through my amp. My fingers are nearly bloody and ripped to shit. I am FUCKING slow. Pinky hammers are brutal. Not sure I am diligent to continue.

...but posting on here keeps me from my other 20 pages open shopping for guitars.

I'm diseased. The lack of snow has me partly mad. If this keeps up they'll have to commit me. Only potential to deal is to way lay it into another hobby.

Amusingly though, the more I read the more I want what I wanted when I was in high school. Goes for amps & guitars.

Guitar stores always get a kick out of me too. Ask for a quiet room, an amp and a guitar and then hardly plug into the amp. I just want to feel and hear the guitar on its own, pickups are easy to swap out. Would obviously prefer to buy a guitar with the pickups I want, but sicne it'll be a vintage piece that may not happen.

Anyone ever do bouldering? Mental puzzle meets exercise. I just started the indoor stuff but it's still pretty fun.

???????

Think rock climbing in a manmade cave. Allows you to practice pretty much all angles of approach & work on stretch/balance. Not so helpful for training for crack climbing...that is unless there has been some technology change. If there is, I'd get excited to go again. tongue.png

Never tried the rock climbing unless you wan't to count when buddies pushed me in the river when I was pissing....lolbiggrin.png  Took me forever to get back up! They tried that shit when I was at the front of a flat bottom at the lake behind my old house taking a piss..Back fired on them my ass flipped the whole boat over triyng to get back in....lol

Location, Food & Beverage first. Sports, meh. I hope that craze dies. 8 million tv's everywhere is putrid. Not saying all of them should leave as I don't mind a bar for sporting events, but the combo bars trying to appeal to both can bite me. Shut the damn idiot boxes OFF.

Yea they are wanting me to invest in a hot wings sports bar..We have a boatload around here....And several that has wen't under last year..I'm not gonna bite I don't think..

My other roomate from college just sold his bar/restaurant in the Virgin islands. I never got to go visit :(

Yea they are wanting me to invest in a hot wings sports bar..We have a boatload around here....And several that has wen't under last year..I'm not gonna bite I don't think..

Sports bars are failsafes for people who don't have an idea.

Spend some time researching and you will see much better ideas.

J

Being gone for more than 2 days, sitting on a beach and doing nothing all day is not a vacation, its a torture.

Oh yes it is. Thank goodness the beaches in Greece are close to awesome waters and I spent most of my 8 day vacation last year swimming :)

Why not fly to Paris, Rome, Prague and have a real vacation? You can sit on the beach when you get old.

Paris or Prague...which one to pick this year? hmmmm

I'd have to drive to Prague, so that means killing some hours. 

Hot wings hooters sports bar

This is getting stereotypical :lol: 

Paris or Prague...which one to pick this year? hmmmm

I'd have to drive to Prague, so that means killing some hours.

There are other choices as well, but those three cities are MUST do's before you get too old to enjoy them. If we could include Asia there are even more options, but I'd start with Europe.

Paris, is easily the most amazing city. We spent 4 of 5 days sick while there. If we hadn't been exhausted and ill I would bet that we would have had even more fun.

We ate out only 1 time.... At the wrong bistro. It was almost the same name and across the street from where we intended.

We still ate better then I could have imagined. The quality of convenience store ingredients is better than our farmers market I think.

So, fucking good.

The people were also the most kind and inviting I have met. I only have Rome as a reference so there is that.

I skipped the US as well, not many highlight cities to visit here. Chicago, Boston & San Fran top the list there. The rest can be seen in a couple days. NYC makes me sick.

We still ate better then I could have imagined. The quality of convenience store ingredients is better than our farmers market I think.

Near Rue Cler the quality is significantly higher than our farmers market. The exception maybe the downtown St Paul one as it is 100% local, but obviously with our growing season also the shortest lived. The Hmong market near the fairgrounds I like as well.

Just won tickets off the radio to William Shatner tomorrow night.  

His Uncle could help. Can't really just call up Bob Dylan out of the blue though

He's usually tangled up in blue.

adhd.gif

Paris is amazing for tourism, shopping, eating, your girlfriend or wife will always love it (your bank account won't)..... I rather go there on summers though !

If you want to have fun, maybe Barcelona, or Ibiza...

For a foreigner like me, New York is the town to visit at least once in a lifetime. I still need to go there. :-) 

Food coma in 5, 4, 3, 2....

What was for lunch?

I have been trying to add your Apple and a walk routine for when I'm sleepy in the afternoon.

It works ok. I'm having trouble eating "healthy" or decent portions.

Definitely not getting enough protein for my work outside, but this is helping temper my hunger and tiredness while not eating shit.

Tuna (yes I eat some fish after heavy lifting days), yogurt, banana, peanuts, and apple.  I snack between each meal.  Can you sneak in small meals through out the day to help reduce large portions at standard meal times?

I like raw tuna out of the can.."In spring water" I can eat about 4-5 cans at once with crackers for a snack,very high in protein!

I have to have around 4 cans a week to fill in for protein I am not getting else where food wise.