Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

2015 Line-up for you music heads and concert freaks!!! let me know if interested..

http://lineup.bonnaroo.com/

If this was closer I would love to photograph this show.

J

show what is it, a month?

A 6 pack in a night causes liver damage. More than once a week and you are considered a chronic binge drinker by almost any medical standards.

You are hurting yourself.

Do something or don't. If you don't stop though it will be a lot harder for your docs to help you.

Not saying when I drink that I don't drink 5 drinks sometimes, but 5 drinks in one setting is considered binge drinking.

A 6 pack in a night causes liver damage. More than once a week and you are considered a chronic binge drinker by almost any medical standards.

You are hurting yourself.

Do something or don't. If you don't stop though it will be a lot harder for your docs to help you.

Maybe I can cut back a bit....I have on the smoking.

Dude, seriously. You're taking prescription meds which I am certain you are not to drink with, yet you do, and smoke on top if it and you don't understand why you have the issues you do?

I'm sorry, but, ah, nevermind. Good luck to you.

selfie_stick.jpg

My cousin made one for his Go Pro and he gets some really cool shots ( obviously doesn't use it for just selfies.)

Michael,

I was going to post this when I originally saw your post about heart issues, but I really wasn't ready yet, but I'll post it now.

Both my parents are amazing parents. They both drank and smoke but it NEVER got in the way of parenting, it NEVER got in the way of their job (that's not even something I can say as I did take a sick day because of a hangover before). It also NEVER got in the way of any kind of social engagement. They started out buying a 6 pack a day between them and as the money got better they just bought a case and it lasted for as long as it needed (which became not too long).

My Dad ended up with mouth cancer, so he stopped smoking. It ended up not being a big deal and he actually still dips to this day, though I don't understand that logic.

My mom ended up developing some heart problems which could not be linked directly to the drinking, but we know it was not helping. My mom was always go go go, she literally called my uncles one day to help her lift walls of our shop because she built them while my dad was at the deer lease, but lifting and holding a 20 ft long 16 ft tall wall was difficult. As she got into her late 40's she was still herself, she just didn't move as fast or do as much as she used to, which I'm sure had some to do with getting old. However, when she got the news about the heart she never made a real effort to cut the alcohol consumption. She did the medicine, but she hardly made any other changes. Earlier this year, she was upstairs at my new house finishing up cleaning from the demolition of the bathroom while we were out buying supplies. When we got back she had had a massive heart attack and by the time we got back there was nothing we could do.

Just keep in mind the long term effects of your stress and your health decisions. She worked shift work for the last 25 years and she just had finished up a 60-day turnaround where she had about 3 days off the entire time. She also had started to drink some beer after her night shift (which she used to never do) to relax and help get some better sleep.  All of it added up to a really unfortunate situation where the money she had saved during her turnaround ended up being used to pay for her funeral.

Starting to sound like an AA meeting in here. If you use/drink and know the consequences, than no one to blame but yourself. Take a long hard look at where you have been, where you are now and where you want to be in the future. Thats all Ill say as I could go on for hours as I have dealt with alot of ppl that drank/used them selfs to death. Believe me, thats what they wanted.

Man are tool cabinets expensive. Every time I look at them I remember why I don't have one. 

Supplys to start sound deadening the Stang trunk arrived!! Hopefully can get it quieted down enough I dont have to seal off the truck. Would like to keep the sub enclosure removable. 

The longer this pathetic winter carry's on, the less I feel bad about losing out on the RMK sled last spring.

Man are tool cabinets expensive. Every time I look at them I remember why I don't have one. 

Especially for the mechanic brands like Snap-On, Matco, etc.  I can't imagine paying the prices new, I can buy multiple Vidmar or Lista cabinets for those prices.  

They have been making snow for months for the X-Games this weekend. 

Especially for the mechanic brands like Snap-On, Matco, etc.  I can't imagine paying the prices new, I can buy multiple Vidmar or Lista cabinets for those prices.  

I will check these brands out. The Husky's at Home Depot are looking tempting. That or Harbor freight. 

You still won't like the pricing of Lista or Vidmar, start at 1k each.  

I hear the harbor fright cabinets are actually pretty nice for the money.  I've got some of the Menards Masterforce ones with the locking drawer handles in the tool cage and like them.  Haven't had an issue with them yet.  

I hate Strats, and Fender amps can blow me.

I do love the fact Fender made a Strat as they changed the guitar world forever, but they play like shit, don't sound particularly good, but yet fetch $$ because of morons. /rant

I do play a fake Strat. It is also an el cheapo, but for a cheap guitar it is probably the best buy in the guitar world. I see them go for $350 or so used which is insanely cheap for a Japanese quality axe with a Floyd Rose licensed (but produced well) tremelo.

I am probably going to pick up a Jackson RR1 here pretty soon as I prefer to play sitting in a classical position and not a right leg rock position. Randy designed it just for that purpose along with looks which of course I could care less about.

Oh, thank god the metaltronix amp I bought has a Power attenuation knob as that fucker is LOUD. 50w tube amp with 7 tubes is not a joke.

I think I have a Home Depot bottom and Craftsman top. The HD is the better of the two. Both were top of the line from their respective stores and highly on sale. Wish they were bigger though.

And off to the North Shore to put some miles on the sled!

Especially for the mechanic brands like Snap-On, Matco, etc. I can't imagine paying the prices new, I can buy multiple Vidmar or Lista cabinets for those prices.

I will check these brands out. The Husky's at Home Depot are looking tempting. That or Harbor freight.

A long time ago I had a stainless steel Kobalt box from Lowes. The biggest issues I ran into were the drawers are really flimsy. The other is the drawers don't hold much weight. The rollers will snap.

Especially for the mechanic brands like Snap-On, Matco, etc. I can't imagine paying the prices new, I can buy multiple Vidmar or Lista cabinets for those prices.

A long time ago I had a stainless steel Kobalt box from Lowes. The biggest issues I ran into were the drawers are really flimsy. The other is the drawers don't hold much weight. The rollers will snap.

I have similar concerns with HF's boxes. While cheap in price, they also seem twice as cheap in construction. If I was looking for a new box right now, I would be looking at the pawn shops honestly. I know here in FL just like in AZ they sell a 10k Snap-On box (retail) for about 2500-3000. Fucked up hing is if you know someone who works there you can get it for just a bit over half of that (1250-1500).

J

2015 Line-up for you music heads and concert freaks!!! let me know if interested..

http://lineup.bonnaroo.com/

If this was closer I would love to photograph this show.

J

show what is it, a month?

I'm sorry Sean, I do not quite understand your question here.

J

The gym is how I handle stress.  BROLYTIME!

I have similar concerns with HF's boxes. While cheap in price, they also seem twice as cheap in construction. If I was looking for a new box right now, I would be looking at the pawn shops honestly. I know here in FL just like in AZ they sell a 10k Snap-On box (retail) for about 2500-3000. Fucked up hing is if you know someone who works there you can get it for just a bit over half of that (1250-1500).

J

I debated checking pawnshops, but it's suppose to be my V-day gift from the W. Don't really want to spend more 600-700. Half that would be even better. The husky brand at HD is only 400 for a 42" wide with split drawers. The HF brand is almost double that.