Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Well, not sure if anyone remembers. A while back I asked for opinions on free money spending. Either tattoo, gun, or subwoofer.

Well, got a little more than expected, so today I just picked up 400 sq ft of wood flooring for the living room and dining room. And will be paying off the SUV as well.

Damn responsible spending beat out the other choices.

Edited by nigel

Haven't been checking my sugar for months. It leveled out last summer when the prednisone finally left my system. Well, I have lost 16 lbs in the past 3 weeks, been dehydrated as a mother with blurred vision, so I decided to check my sugar today. 483. Love it.

I had to do a bio screening a few months ago,I was suppose to fast after 12pm..The next morning the closer to the store I got the more my stomach rumbled..So I got a quart of chocolate milk..They didn't say anything about liquid..Of course they chewed my ass when I told them I drank a chocolate milk..My blood sugar came back in the low 40's..So the next day I had to go back and they checked it after I ate and they said I was fine...

Did you not know what fasting was?

Haven't been checking my sugar for months. It leveled out last summer when the prednisone finally left my system. Well, I have lost 16 lbs in the past 3 weeks, been dehydrated as a mother with blurred vision, so I decided to check my sugar today. 483. Love it.

I had to do a bio screening a few months ago,I was suppose to fast after 12pm..The next morning the closer to the store I got the more my stomach rumbled..So I got a quart of chocolate milk..They didn't say anything about liquid..Of course they chewed my ass when I told them I drank a chocolate milk..My blood sugar came back in the low 40's..So the next day I had to go back and they checked it after I ate and they said I was fine...

Did you not know what fasting was?

No.. Actually I thought it was just eating never had to do it..

More snow on the way Sunday into Monday here. You want some Sean?

I will take some!! we have not got none here this year but a slight dusting..Chance sun night but I wan't enough to play in the snow!!biggrin.png

Would you hit it???

http://funny-fatty-2_zpsqdktnpwy.jpg

You got a thing for BBW man? 

Lol...Naw they cost to much the feed bill trumps my house payment..

And that is $1,300 a monthunsure.png  I would have to buy a whole cow a monthDoh.gif

Mostly my hoe's go through the drive through...If they are fine I might take them to Applebee's ..As long as I don't think they are tainted! 

Just scored 40 DEI resistor packs!!! 

Remote unlock was 2500k..Wired in series out of the DEI pack hit 2275k +or-5% worked fine... ..

Stopped by Capitol Guitars at lunch. Was funny. Largest Jackson dealer in the midwest by far. The idiots that stop in are horrible though. They found it funny that I played guitars for an hour and never wanted to plug in. Told the owner that I am interested in the action and feel and the sound will follow the pickups and amp. Sure wood changes the tone even on an electric, but more important is the comfort.Regrettably I don't like my dream guitar. What I thought it was going to be good for it wasn't. Randy designed it to play sitting down in a classical position (which I am by far the most comfortable in) but he was a little imp of a guy and not the jolly green giant. Needless to say it was too small for me. I guess I get to get a boring Soloist instead :)Got some glowing reviews on my sloppy fingerings. Said I played better than 95% of their clients. Amazing since until last week it has been 20 years since I've held an axe.

I want to hear you play.Next time I come over.I'll bring the masters bourbon, and some tobacco!;-)
NO. Next time we should have snow and we go for a rip. Realize what I can play now is theory, not songs. 20 years ago is a long time to remember anything, lol.Might go grab this as an interim solution:http://www.musicgoroundroseville.com/p/254741/used-jackson-pro-soloist-sl2-electric-guitar-transparent-red-burstIt is setup right...although it is Indonesian so I will need to spend some time with the neck to make sure it doesn't suffer from fret buzz like so many low action guitars (including the Jacksons) do.

Sounds like maybe you need to go to a factory and design your own axe.

J

Na, I'll shop for used ones and rotate. Too many other suckers willing to pay $6k for a guitar that I can buy a year later for $2k. I know it means I'll have to flip a bunch but that is okay. When I find a cherry like my '56 I'll keep it.

Stopped by Capitol Guitars at lunch. Was funny. Largest Jackson dealer in the midwest by far. The idiots that stop in are horrible though. They found it funny that I played guitars for an hour and never wanted to plug in. Told the owner that I am interested in the action and feel and the sound will follow the pickups and amp. Sure wood changes the tone even on an electric, but more important is the comfort.

Regrettably I don't like my dream guitar. What I thought it was going to be good for it wasn't. Randy designed it to play sitting down in a classical position (which I am by far the most comfortable in) but he was a little imp of a guy and not the jolly green giant. Needless to say it was too small for me. I guess I get to get a boring Soloist instead smile.png

Got some glowing reviews on my sloppy fingerings. Said I played better than 95% of their clients. Amazing since until last week it has been 20 years since I've held an axe.

I want to hear you play.

Next time I come over.

I'll bring the masters bourbon, and some tobacco!

;-)

NO. Next time we should have snow and we go for a rip. Realize what I can play now is theory, not songs. 20 years ago is a long time to remember anything, lol.

Might go grab this as an interim solution:

http://www.musicgoroundroseville.com/p/254741/used-jackson-pro-soloist-sl2-electric-guitar-transparent-red-burst

It is setup right...although it is Indonesian so I will need to spend some time with the neck to make sure it doesn't suffer from fret buzz like so many low action guitars (including the Jacksons) do.

Make the snow come and I'll find a way to get a day off..... Maybe lol.

Last time I had the whole weekend and we got fucked with no lube on the snow category.

Weekends are fucked for me, I'd need to pull a mid week vacation day.

Yeah. I'm off Monday and Tuesday usually.

:-)

I miss hanging out little fella.

Likewise. Life is going FAST.

Well, not sure if anyone remembers. A while back I asked for opinions on free money spending. Either tattoo, gun, or subwoofer.

Well, got a little more than expected, so today I just picked up 400 sq ft of wood flooring for the living room and dining room. And will be paying off the SUV as well.

Damn responsible spending beat out the other choices.

Nice!! Best choice BY FAR!!

Abstract question. Anyone heard any live Night Ranger that was worth a shit? I know Gillis can rip on the guitar, but didn't realize that he played with them. Not my style of music, but could imagine if they cut him loose that live they could have been impressive.

Actually their current lineup at the food and wine festival at Disney is outstanding. Great solo bits that change every set. As for recordings, I can't help ya there.

J

Surprised Gillis is back playing with them again, but that explains the solo bits that vary. Dude has serious chops.

Speaking of chops. This makes me want an acoustic.

Absolutely. I'd take it all. Shut the fuckin' city down. I'm READY!

Just scored 40 DEI resistor packs!!! 

Only Thing BB is good for...

Absolutely. I'd take it all. Shut the fuckin' city down. I'm READY!

Tuna??

I will take some!! we have not got none here this year but a slight dusting..Chance sun night but I wan't enough to play in the snow!!biggrin.png

Maybe it will miss us and go your way then.

Maybe it will miss us and go your way then.