Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I actually watched that moto x event Saturday. Was pretty good.

Supercross is my second favorite to watch! Second only to AMA superbike.

I'm still a huge Bubba fan! Don't know how I feel about Windham retiring... As long as I can remember he's been racing. I have to say I miss the days of watching RC, Reed, and Bubba going at it!

And this Eli Tomac kid? Reminding me of Bubba when he rode number 259! Very fun to watch.

Edited by Penguin4x4

Didn't watch it yet, but if they give the AK the nod that ain't saying much. Yeah, you can drop an AK in mud and it'll still fire, and fire well, but I owner a Romanian AK, and it was the biggest POS weapon I have ever owned. Bought it for $125 and sold it for $500 though, so no complaints there.

Serbian army surplus mags came in the mail today. Wonder what the going price for them will be after Thursday, when Feinstein submits her AWB bill.

Hmmm... So I put in an offer on the house I described in the previous H0P. They came back and countered way off (I was 20K (15%) under list, their counter was 6K under list). I started crunching numbers and decided that despite how much we liked the house, we should focus on a less expensive house because of the cost of taxes and insurance.

So I told the realtor that we weren't going to counter and we wanted to pull the offer. A few days later (today now) they contacted my realtor and said that they would present that offer to their client (a relocation company is selling it) and would push to get it approved if I were to re-offer it.

Additionally if the house sells at this price I would get it for 18% less than the county values it at. Meaning I should be able to protest my taxes and get a reduced tax price.

It also lends to us being able to get at least our buying price or even an increase of 5K which would obviously decrease the cost of ownership......

Or I could buy a much smaller house with no character......

Remember, Character costs money and in this part of the world unless its been totally remodeled properly, its short on insulation.

Am I the only one having issues with the forum? It's like it works for 3 minutes, then 10 it doesn't. comes back for a minute, but click any link and it doesn't work again. WTF?

Am I the only one having issues with the forum? It's like it works for 3 minutes, then 10 it doesn't. comes back for a minute, but click any link and it doesn't work again. WTF?

Works fine for me. Ryan, if you didn't have bad luck I don't think you'd have luck at all...

I don't believe I have bad luck. I just look at it as all the BS I seem to incur is just prepping me for the joy that lies ahead.

I don't believe I have bad luck. I just look at it as all the BS I seem to incur is just prepping me for the joy that lies ahead.

Remember, Character costs money and in this part of the world unless its been totally remodeled properly, its short on insulation.

All interior walls were torn out with exterior walls getting insulation (around 2005)

Hmmm... So I put in an offer on the house I described in the previous H0P. They came back and countered way off (I was 20K (15%) under list, their counter was 6K under list). I started crunching numbers and decided that despite how much we liked the house, we should focus on a less expensive house because of the cost of taxes and insurance.

So I told the realtor that we weren't going to counter and we wanted to pull the offer. A few days later (today now) they contacted my realtor and said that they would present that offer to their client (a relocation company is selling it) and would push to get it approved if I were to re-offer it.

Additionally if the house sells at this price I would get it for 18% less than the county values it at. Meaning I should be able to protest my taxes and get a reduced tax price.

It also lends to us being able to get at least our buying price or even an increase of 5K which would obviously decrease the cost of ownership......

Or I could buy a much smaller house with no character......

Time to offer 25% under list. No more. Even then I still think you are jumping in WAY too early.

Forum is jacked for me too Ryan. Just figured they said wait til after tuesday to bitch :P