Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

You know it is cold when I am mixing rice cool in with wood pellets!

Booyah. Made some chicken, leek, spinach, phyllo pie last night and man are the leftovers good.
From the man who says chicken is horrible.

I did think of that when I read it too. Sounds good though.

Booyah. Made some chicken, leek, spinach, phyllo pie last night and man are the leftovers good.

From the man who says chicken is horrible.

Not horrible, nasty. And you didn't ask where I got this chicken. ;)

Some farm that massaged it and served it alcohol?

Leftovers almost always have better flavor. smile.png

Interesting, I couldn't disagree more. This is the first leftover meal I've eaten in months. I abhor leftovers. Normally they get frozen and my wife eats them at work or when I am traveling.

*exception are raw ingredient leftovers like tomatoes cooked down into sauce, stock, etc...

Interesting, I couldn't disagree more. This is the first leftover meal I've eaten in months. I abhor leftovers. Normally they get frozen and my wife eats them at work or when I am traveling. *exception are raw ingredient leftovers like tomatoes cooked down into sauce, stock, etc...

Meats off the egg put in the frige for another time always offer more flavor to what ever they are with.

Of course it cuts off when cranking. it's attached to an accessory wire. As already stated the only wire besides constant that remained powered when cranking is an ignition wire. what vehicle is it.
Toyota Celica 6th gen
Ignition wire is blue with an orange stripe in the ignition harness

Maybe I am looking at a different wiring diagram. Says black and orange, but whatever.

Anyway. I check with my voltmeter to be sure which one is it, then I connect it to the ACC wire and I am done?

Just making sure.

Interesting, I couldn't disagree more. This is the first leftover meal I've eaten in months. I abhor leftovers. Normally they get frozen and my wife eats them at work or when I am traveling. *exception are raw ingredient leftovers like tomatoes cooked down into sauce, stock, etc...
Meats off the egg put in the frige for another time always offer more flavor to what ever they are with.

Maybe your fridge is just infused with bacon scent. biggrin.png

I'm the exact same way, I despise leftovers unless they can be made into something else. Like leftover pork made into pulled pork sandwiches.

Well, I take that back... After chili has set in the frig overnight it gets much better.

Edited by Julian

Ha, close. Inlaw raised. :) Not some HUGE feedlot of disease.

Even slow cooked stuff I prefer fresh. I do eat leftover brisket and pork butt though. Haven't smoked one since Nov though so it wasn't on my mind.

Ha, close. Inlaw raised. :)/> Not some HUGE feedlot of disease.

Very nice!

I'm the exact same way, I despise leftovers unless they can be made into something else. Like leftover pork made into pulled pork sandwiches.

Well, I take that back... After chili has set in the frig overnight it gets much better.

But that sort of meal you just make the day before and eat for the first time after cooling. Sloppy Joes the same.

Even slow cooked stuff I prefer fresh. I do eat leftover brisket and pork butt though. Haven't smoked one since Nov though so it wasn't on my mind.

I am guess our views on leftovers were different. Any meat off the egg that does not get eaten that day gets turned into another meal which is a leftover to me.

Police chief says you can't kill an animal with an AR, there will be no meat left. Old lady got popped in the chest and arm, and didn't even walk with a limp. She must be 50cent's cousin.

They were meant to wound and take 3 guys off the line. I always wondered why but after my buddy the 1st Sargent explained it, it made sense.

That would be awesome if it were true. The .223 was chosen because it was the lowest cost "proven" round to make. The "wound channel" and "hydrostatic shock" is dubious at best. Similar to hollow point rounds.

The gas rifles that Stoner made originally were designed for larger caliber centerfire cartridges like the .308. Not big at all compared the the years before when we used the 30-06. But still puts the smack down. And it worked better with the gas design. More pressure to tune with and you could use larger tubes with less chance of fouling.

The biggest upswing is the amount of .223 a man can carry, regardless of the mag size. It isn't uncommon for a ranger to have 750 rounds strapped to him. In just projectiles(not case and powder) it goes from 2.6 kilos to 7.2 kilos from .223 to .308. 55 grain vs 150 grain.

The .223 sucks though for most uses, especially in the smallest grain projectiles. It can't fight wind and basically relies on keyholing or tumbling to cause trauma. A hollow point on a deer is one thing, but even then some states banned the .223 as it isn't humane enough to kill white tail. But just a thick layer of denim has proven to make hollowpoints not expand as predicted. Not saying it's all flim flam and snake oil, just that the reliability isn't there.

Finally, we don't even record data so well. I have never heard of a projectile hitting a soft target at a perfect perpendicular angle. Every ballistic gel test we use does it that way. If we even went to 20 degrees off a perfect T it would require an many many times larger gel structure.When judging impact on a target the only things we can rely on reliably are penetration, and actual projectile diameter. The argument of the 9mm vs the .45 ACP is silly. The argument of the .223 vs the .308 is silly. They are different rounds for different reasons. And in choosing on vs the other you give up many things. Usually the biggest is how much can I carry and how much will it cost. Because ultimately as we all know it's not just that the projectile travels down range, it's about that it is placed where it needs to be.

Edited by dem beats

....that was a well structured and paragraphed post, but I fucked that up somehow.

xlarge.png

This startlingly orange gun isn't something from a sci-fi film set. Instead, it's a new firearm, from UK-based Selectamark, that fires non-lethal pellets—and marks its targets with DNA for later identification.

Designed for use by police and military, the gun fires soft little green pellets, pictured below. Weighing just one gram, when they hit a target they leave an enduring biological mark. Andrew Knights, from Selectamark, explains:

"On contact with the target the uniquely-coded SelectaDNA solution leaves a synthetic DNA trace mark that will enable the relevant authorities to confirm or eliminate that person from their involvement in a particular situation and could ultimately lead to arrest and prosecution."

Accurate over distances up to 40 meters, the gun allows police to tag villains with DNA which should in theory "remain on an offender for weeks." As non-lethal but incriminating techniques go, this sure seems one of the most futuristic. [PR Newswire via Ubergizmo via Verge]

"Ahh ya got me! cya later!"

*cop waves*

Edited by stefanhinote

Sounds good to me Matt, when I am unsure of something like that I ask my buddy. I am not a bullet guy, I just like to collect things.

Police chief says you can't kill an animal with an AR, there will be no meat left. Old lady got popped in the chest and arm, and didn't even walk with a limp. She must be 50cent's cousin.
They were meant to wound and take 3 guys off the line. I always wondered why but after my buddy the 1st Sargent explained it, it made sense.
That would be awesome if it were true. The .223 was chosen because it was the lowest cost "proven" round to make. The "wound channel" and "hydrostatic shock" is dubious at best. Similar to hollow point rounds. The gas rifles that Stoner made originally were designed for larger caliber centerfire cartridges like the .308. Not big at all compared the the years before when we used the 30-06. But still puts the smack down. And it worked better with the gas design. More pressure to tune with and you could use larger tubes with less chance of fouling. The biggest upswing is the amount of .223 a man can carry, regardless of the mag size. It isn't uncommon for a ranger to have 750 rounds strapped to him. In just projectiles(not case and powder) it goes from 2.6 kilos to 7.2 kilos from .223 to .308. 55 grain vs 150 grain. The .223 sucks though for most uses, especially in the smallest grain projectiles. It can't fight wind and basically relies on keyholing or tumbling to cause trauma. A hollow point on a deer is one thing, but even then some states banned the .223 as it isn't humane enough to kill white tail. But just a thick layer of denim has proven to make hollowpoints not expand as predicted. Not saying it's all flim flam and snake oil, just that the reliability isn't there. Finally, we don't even record data so well. I have never heard of a projectile hitting a soft target at a perfect perpendicular angle. Every ballistic gel test we use does it that way. If we even went to 20 degrees off a perfect T it would require an many many times larger gel structure.When judging impact on a target the only things we can rely on reliably are penetration, and actual projectile diameter. The argument of the 9mm vs the .45 ACP is silly. The argument of the .223 vs the .308 is silly. They are different rounds for different reasons. And in choosing on vs the other you give up many things. Usually the biggest is how much can I carry and how much will it cost. Because ultimately as we all know it's not just that the projectile travels down range, it's about that it is placed where it needs to be.
That would be awesome if it were true. The .223 was chosen because it was the lowest cost "proven" round to make. The "wound channel" and "hydrostatic shock" is dubious at best. Similar to hollow point rounds. The gas rifles that Stoner made originally were designed for larger caliber centerfire cartridges like the .308. Not big at all compared the the years before when we used the 30-06. But still puts the smack down. And it worked better with the gas design. More pressure to tune with and you could use larger tubes with less chance of fouling. The biggest upswing is the amount of .223 a man can carry, regardless of the mag size. It isn't uncommon for a ranger to have 750 rounds strapped to him. In just projectiles(not case and powder) it goes from 2.6 kilos to 7.2 kilos from .223 to .308. 55 grain vs 150 grain. The .223 sucks though for most uses, especially in the smallest grain projectiles. It can't fight wind and basically relies on keyholing or tumbling to cause trauma. A hollow point on a deer is one thing, but even then some states banned the .223 as it isn't humane enough to kill white tail. But just a thick layer of denim has proven to make hollowpoints not expand as predicted. Not saying it's all flim flam and snake oil, just that the reliability isn't there. Finally, we don't even record data so well. I have never heard of a projectile hitting a soft target at a perfect perpendicular angle. Every ballistic gel test we use does it that way. If we even went to 20 degrees off a perfect T it would require an many many times larger gel structure.When judging impact on a target the only things we can rely on reliably are penetration, and actual projectile diameter. The argument of the 9mm vs the .45 ACP is silly. The argument of the .223 vs the .308 is silly. They are different rounds for different reasons. And in choosing on vs the other you give up many things. Usually the biggest is how much can I carry and how much will it cost. Because ultimately as we all know it's not just that the projectile travels down range, it's about that it is placed where it needs to be.

I still wouldn't mind getting an ar-15 type platform in a .308

I still wouldn't mind getting an ar-15 type platform in a .308

AR-10 if you can find them.

How was the interview?
10:30 tomorrow

Fingers crossed! :)

I should work for a weapon company, but my average answer to things is.... we don't know shit about any of it!!!

There is just no usable data but one fact that people don't like to hear. There is no replacement for projectile diameter, velocity, and overall mass.... yet. Maybe with some insanely high cost design we could make a more reliable mushroom cap machine... but not anythig that is cost effective.