Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

IMG_4115_1.jpg

Right before I repainted the front fender. The biggest help in keeping the frame and chain alive all winter in bad roads is the extension on the front fender. No more dirt from the front wheel on the frame :D

I'd like to get another bike for off road. I do a good bit of cycling on a Giant avail advanced SL 0

Even though the crime rate here is lowish, I wouldn't be comfortable with leaving that on the street while I'm in some bar drinking. 

I would like something which could withstand some serious abuse off-road. I looked at a Focus frame at my local bike shop and although the head tube is larger in diameter the material was thinner than on my steel frame. So I don't see the benefits. Maybe I will get a second hand frame and build on that since I have a MIG and I know a kick-ass TIG welder. 

1 1/4" headset, hell, 1.5" downhill headset, biggest baddest bottom bracket I can find, strong axles and wham!

But first, I need ski gear for the next season :lol:

i can't say it enough, i fucking hate drunk drivers!!! i drink a lot, but i would never hop in my vehicle or anybody elses if there was a person who had more than 1 12oz beer behind the wheel. that does piss me off, the guy was working to try to help somebody else and some drunk kills him.:jon:

Correct me if wrong but wasn't it you who was bragging about downing 2 pitchers before leaving one night and not blowing above the legal limit???

J

i can't say it enough, i fucking hate drunk drivers!!! i drink a lot, but i would never hop in my vehicle or anybody elses if there was a person who had more than 1 12oz beer behind the wheel. that does piss me off, the guy was working to try to help somebody else and some drunk kills him.jon.gif

Correct me if wrong but wasn't it you who was bragging about downing 2 pitchers before leaving one night and not blowing above the legal limit???

J

you are correct. tyat was MANY years ago though and i have grown up a lot since then. i hate drunk drivers

It was not many years ago. It was one year ago or so. Maybe less.

Maybe your a new man, and the past is behind ya, but don't bullshit the bullshiters.

Maybe your a new man, and the past is behind ya, but don't bullshit the bullshiters.

no, the incident happened years ago. i mentioned it about a year ago on here when somebody was saying something about a dui iirc 

Uncle bought an 03 S55 AMG this week without a thorough checkup.

It seems to stutter under medium acceleration in 2,3 or 4th. I've never felt a torque converter slip in and out of lock but that is what I'd imagine it would feel like. Doh.gif

Doubt it is lock up shudder in 2nd. Lockup only occurs in drive and OD (whatever your top 2 gears are) as it can really cause issues with drivability in low gear. If you want a quick cure all, put in Dr Tranny's Shudder Fix . It will help with most clutch grab/shudder/slippage issues.

Awesome. I know nothing of torque converters, just felt like what I thought it could be.

Is the shudder fix a joke??

*I had my Uncle reset the transmission computer and guess what. Shudder is gone, err, almost. It used to do it 20 times in 5 minutes, now did it once in an hour.

But seriously, is the shudder fix a joke. I already changed his blinker fluid.

IMG_4115_1.jpg

Right before I repainted the front fender. The biggest help in keeping the frame and chain alive all winter in bad roads is the extension on the front fender. No more dirt from the front wheel on the frame biggrin.png

Fenders are the shit and you NEED a new saddle. My ass hurts looking at yours.

I would like something which could withstand some serious abuse off-road. I looked at a Focus frame at my local bike shop and although the head tube is larger in diameter the material was thinner than on my steel frame. So I don't see the benefits. Maybe I will get a second hand frame and build on that since I have a MIG and I know a kick-ass TIG welder.

If shipping were free, I'd contemplate shipping you my Breezer. Can't break it. Gotta love Ritchey welded stuff and it's too small for me.

no, the incident happened years ago. i mentioned it about a year ago on here when somebody was saying something about a dui iirc
It was closer to a month ago than a year ago.

It was shortly before the time when you stopped being a douchebag on the site.

Uncle bought an 03 S55 AMG this week without a thorough checkup.

It seems to stutter under medium acceleration in 2,3 or 4th. I've never felt a torque converter slip in and out of lock but that is what I'd imagine it would feel like. Doh.gif

Doubt it is lock up shudder in 2nd. Lockup only occurs in drive and OD (whatever your top 2 gears are) as it can really cause issues with drivability in low gear. If you want a quick cure all, put in Dr Tranny's Shudder Fix . It will help with most clutch grab/shudder/slippage issues.

Awesome. I know nothing of torque converters, just felt like what I thought it could be.

Is the shudder fix a joke??

*I had my Uncle reset the transmission computer and guess what. Shudder is gone, err, almost. It used to do it 20 times in 5 minutes, now did it once in an hour.

But seriously, is the shudder fix a joke. I already changed his blinker fluid.

I'd normally take the blinker fluid as a joke. But does this model blinker cleaners/wipers.

You run with those one pavement? ???

Generally I run on hiking trails, but yes I've ran with them on the pavement.

lol chill your silly, you should know that these guys remember everything lol

and it sucks.. but its my relaity  its a shitty thought to know i may leave home and never come back,  and the shit part is texas has a "move over law" but they dont enforce it.. so no one knows it, and no one cares.

i have almost been hit many times.. scary to hear that screech  just gotta jump and hope your moving in the safe direction !

i do not and will not drive drunk. i seen the real life consequences

lol

lol chill your silly, you should know that these guys remember everything lol

and it sucks.. but its my relaity  its a shitty thought to know i may leave home and never come back,  and the shit part is texas has a "move over law" but they dont enforce it.. so no one knows it, and no one cares.

i have almost been hit many times.. scary to hear that screech  just gotta jump and hope your moving in the safe direction !

i do not and will not drive drunk. i seen the real life consequences

oh i know, but its all good.