Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Uncle bought an 03 S55 AMG this week without a thorough checkup.

It seems to stutter under medium acceleration in 2,3 or 4th. I've never felt a torque converter slip in and out of lock but that is what I'd imagine it would feel like. Doh.gif

03????? Ouch. Just a few more years and that class is one of the most reliable vehicles. Effed up.

i can't say it enough, i fucking hate drunk drivers!!! i drink a lot, but i would never hop in my vehicle or anybody elses if there was a person who had more than 1 12oz beer behind the wheel. that does piss me off, the guy was working to try to help somebody else and some drunk kills him.jon.gif

It seems to stutter under medium acceleration in 2,3 or 4th. I've never felt a torque converter slip in and out of lock but that is what I'd imagine it would feel like. Doh.gif

W220s had a bunch of problems

Perfect. Amusingly he met some lady at a liquor store and bought her car, lol. 175,000 miles. $6k

Other than the shuck & jive dance it drives pretty nice for some old iron.

That's an awesome price. Cheaper than what I paid for my S420 and quite newer

no rust, no dings, clean interior.

Working on an 07 S65 AMG at work... Gorgeous fuckin car. Literally impossible to take the rear power headrests out though.. M5 if you happen to know how.. Id love to know. lol

Really tempted to use my 20% off REI coupon on some new running shoes....

I have a pair of Bikilas I run in that I got a hell of a discount from REI. I'm looking minimalist, but really want more of a shoe. I'm torn between getting a good road shoe and a good cross training shoe. I may be doing a tough mudder in the near future, but for now a lot of my running will be on pavement.

I have a pair of Bikilas I run in that I got a hell of a discount from REI. I'm looking minimalist, but really want more of a shoe. I'm torn between getting a good road shoe and a good cross training shoe. I may be doing a tough mudder in the near future, but for now a lot of my running will be on pavement.

I got a new pair of Filas and LOVE them.  Lightest shoe I've ever worn and they have a design that channels air through them.  Coolest (literally) shoe I've ever worn.

I got these for $28 shipped.

http://www.fila.com/ULTIMATE-LITE/1SR20095,en_US,pd.html?start=116&cgid=mens-shoes&srule=price-low-to-high

FWIW there is just about no company that makes a better conventional running shoe than asics.

The kayano's are by far my favorite foam shoe in the world. They are serious magic. The step down, the nimbus or GTs are also amazing. Sometimes my wide ass foot just fits in one of those better.

I sold shoes though so I spoil the ever loving fuck out kf my feet.

Dirty

IMG_4111.jpg

Clean, ready for assembly

IMG_4114_1.jpg

All done

IMG_4118.jpg

Wow. Looks like a garbage pile got turned into a super clean beauty.

Awesome.

Do you use an oil based chain lube?

I know on my motorcycle that the wax based lube works a bit better in the wetter environments. I hate to think I have a pile of that at the engine side of the gear under the protector plate. I should see about cleaning it.

These are the most comfortable shoes I've found: http://www.softstarshoes.com/running-moccasins/runamoc/moc3-runamoc.html

The soles are 2mm, but they also make a few other styles like these: http://www.softstarshoes.com/running-moccasins/runamoc/original-runamoc-suede-chocolate.html with 5mm sole.

It's definitely not something you want to rush into using heavily if you're accustomed to running with traditional shoes, but if you're looking for something minimalist, and promoting proper running form than these are your ticket.

Doubt it is lock up shudder in 2nd. Lockup only occurs in drive and OD (whatever your top 2 gears are) as it can really cause issues with drivability in low gear. If you want a quick cure all, put in Dr Tranny's Shudder Fix . It will help with most clutch grab/shudder/slippage issues.

I have found Montrails to be some of the most comfortable cross trainers I have ever worn. Can't remember the model. Ugly as fuck, but it was like walking on clouds. I also liked my Solomon XA Pro 3D Ultras. BUt the fucking retarded tie broke. They don't have regular laces, either. I am currently in Northface Hedgehog III XCRs. They are decent, but just a cunt hair too narrow for my wide pronated feet.

FWIW, I have found Merrell to be the most uncomfortable shoes ever.

Wow. Looks like a garbage pile got turned into a super clean beauty.

Awesome.

Do you use an oil based chain lube?

I know on my motorcycle that the wax based lube works a bit better in the wetter environments. I hate to think I have a pile of that at the engine side of the gear under the protector plate. I should see about cleaning it.

I bought it cheap (ebay) just because it was dirty. The guy used wax based lube and it mixed with mud. I use diff oil (80w90) and clean the chain every 1 or 2 weeks and lube it after any ride in the wet. 

Bang on 40 miles on the bike in roughly 4 hours. With stops for rest and pictures.

It was all road and I had to mellow down my rhythm since I wasn't the slowest. At one point somebody else on a fancy MTB passed us, I chased him and it was pretty fun seeing the difference in gearing, I had 1 gear left and my cadence was low, he ran out of gears and had a lot faster cadence. 

I'm pretty sure I can muster the 20 mile cross-country marathon. If I could only find a suspension fork, I'd be golden. 

I'd like to get another bike for off road. I do a good bit of cycling on a Giant avail advanced SL 0