Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Tell the wife you need to keep your fingers and arms intact so you need to buy a saw stop. 

Haha, I'm saying, think of all the cool stuff I can build you.

:mellow:

A female Asian friend married a white boy, they dressed like Yoko and John.  OMG so funny.

Damnit Ryan.  I have an empty spot on a shelf for the anarchy's.  Would be in good company of other shit that should be in a thread like yours.

I don't want to sell anything, but I'm content with the 6, minus the sub-bass.  I'm keeping one of my G- cons and will find a small 500 watt amp and be done.  I'm just done having all this stuff not being used, especially my cars.

1 minute ago, Tirefryr said:

I don't want to sell anything, but I'm content with the 6, minus the sub-bass.  I'm keeping one of my G- cons and will find a small 500 watt amp and be done.  I'm just done having all this stuff not being used, especially my cars.

Pretty sure I won't be doing jack to whatever new car I buy in that regard either.

On 10/29/2016 at 9:14 AM, ///M5 said:

Was outside in my yard last night and was contemplating a setup to minimize what the neighbors hear while maximizing output for me.  Have a bunch of ideas and will definitely be building something in, but it has to be mouse, squirrel, racoon, deer and Turkey proof.

Get a underground subwoofer. I saw a add the other day for some company that sells prefab under ground subs. They use the back wave of the sub and the bass travels up what looks like a teliscope on a submarine with a cover on top to keep rain out. Or you could even build your own but it would need to be something that doesn't rot. 

Ow and they also sell the highs that stick down into the yard that look like security lights. Completely stealth system and take up inches. You could order the niles tomb and drop in a 12" Evil and set off some earth quakes.

14 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Get a underground subwoofer. I saw a add the other day for some company that sells prefab under ground subs. They use the back wave of the sub and the bass travels up what looks like a teliscope on a submarine with a cover on top to keep rain out. Or you could even build your own but it would need to be something that doesn't rot. 

Underground or above won't help the bass trap design.  I don't have anything prefab in my house and won't start now...

The doesn't rot is surprisingly easy as well.  I've had standard drivers living in the MN outdoors for 7 years now.  Coated paper cones constantly being rained on and no problems.  Keep hoping they will puke so I bother to build the design I put together a few years back.

46 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Underground or above won't help the bass trap design.  I don't have anything prefab in my house and won't start now...

What is a bass trap. Are you trying to aim it away from the neighbors?

Trap is analogous to the same as it would be in any listening room although for outdoor implementation they aren't similar at all.

I have enough drivers to have a set in the yard and garage and share preamp and electronic crossover....but this would only work if I run the sub IB so that it fires both into and out of the garage.

Have enough amps and drivers to just run its own sub in The garage too though

18 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Trap is analogous to the same as it would be in any listening room although for outdoor implementation they aren't similar at all.

So basically you want to have a system outdoors that want disturb your neighbors? That's a tough one in open air bass naturely wants to travel until it hits something and reflects. I wouldn't have a clue how to go about doing that. 

I wasn't asking for help in that, I do this shit for a living.  Cities ask for my help, the big three ask, etc. But ok still want a processor that does more than what is on the market.

Wtf is Ow?  Ouch is a really strange way to start a sentence as often as you do.

Ow is slang for wow and many other words. 

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Wtf is Ow?  Ouch is a really strange way to start a sentence as often as you do.

I'm a hillbilly we use a lot of slang. 

If you Google it says it is slang for ouch

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

If you Google it says it is slang for ouch

I did google it and it's says it can be slang for a lot of words. But yes ouch is one of them. 

Example Guy 1# yo mamma is so fat, she sweats in December!  Random guy # ow burn! Also used when one cannot complete the word WoW, like us hillbilly's. Example: "ow" "that's amazing." And that's basically how I'm meaning it, like ow they got this or that!

Edited by Billy Jack