Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Think I may AGAIN need a different Wifi router.  Really wish the Asus's worked at my house but so far 3 for 3 drops the connection in my chair every 15min or so.  Not an even 15, but way too fucking often.

Picture quality falters on wifi in some pattern that is similar too on the linksys.

It shouldn't be my internet.  While streaming I ran a wifi scan at speedtest.net and have 18mbps down and 1.8 up which ought to be fine.  

Initial reaction is that Fire TV looks nicer than Roku, but Roku seems snappier and is cleaner to navigate.

Tablo TV works well for OTA.  Menu system is nice, but too bad someone doesn't make an overlay app that combines them all so you can see everything that is playing on any of your channels at once.

The amazon phone app is better for use without looking at it.  Just swipe to move.

Slower to use while you are though.

99% sure I am canceling my cable tomorrw.

The bar is almost done. I have to get more wood for the shelving. The doors are on and I had some drinks tonight to make sure it was ready for others to enjoy. 

It is really neat having a bar next to where you are working on a vehicle. Rum and wrench turning!

What it looks like with the doors.

IMAG0673.jpg

It seems as I age my eyes are getting worse. My eye doctor said I am heading toward bifocals!

Might look into getting my eyes done at some point. 

All this antenna talk takes me back to my younger days when we got 3 channels via antenna. 

Spent last Saturday at the 9/11 memorial in NY. Very humbling and sad knowing what happened where I stood. I remember the day it happened very clearly. Seeing the pictures from then till now was surreal. 

I remember seeing it live on TV, it was in the afternoon for us, and a few days before that I read about that plane which accidentally crashed in the Empire state building. 

That bar is looking really nice Neal. :)

6 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

That bar is looking really nice Neal. :)

THis!

23 hours ago, ///M5 said:

The amazon phone app is better for use without looking at it.  Just swipe to move.

Slower to use while you are though.

I've never liked the Fire app remote, I only use the remote, the one with the voice search button is a nicer remote.  

Tried to melt some chocolate in the microwave this evening and it started arcing in it.  Apparently it didn't like that chocolate setup.  No, there was no metal in it.  

Thank guys, might get more wood next week to finish it.

6 hours ago, topgun said:

I've never liked the Fire app remote, I only use the remote, the one with the voice search button is a nicer remote.  

The Roku app is identical to the remote, the Amazon one not as you swipe and tap versus hit a button.  It does allow for doing it without looking which you cannot on the Roku app.  The lack of haptic makes virtual buttons a bit strange.  I have the same problem in my car as I have to see what I push and don't like that generally.

Both sticks have been flaky, but I think perhaps it is either my wireless or the fact I put a bunk hard drive on the Tablo.  Fixing the latter with a temp solution to test.

The Roku squeezebox app is useless btw.

Decided I am building an RO system for my ice maker/carbonated water/drinking in the house.  Thought I would also run a line to my garage to rinse my car (well water never clear rinses otherwise).  Wondering what sort of volume I may need to do this as I'll have to have enough storage in the basement and flow to keep up.

Will be a low pressure, 1/4" line rinse, but should be better I would assume.  Any thoughts?

RO%20Pump%20Diagram.jpg

Found this and considering I have nearly everything except enough membranes for the flow that is easy to mod.  Plus something built into the house sounds better than an undersink thing hung from my rafters.

I've got a FireTV box and stick, neither have given me any real trouble.  Had to restart them once or twice in the couple of years but other than that wonderfully stable.