Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

We could use more snow.  You can almost see my BBQ again. :P

16 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Do y'all have Bubba Cola where your from?Or is it just a Tennessee beverage?

:puzzled:

No Bubba Cola, but we still have RC up here.

RC here as well.  Assumed that was everywhere

I know some people from out West and they've ever heard of it.

Yep,RC here as well.Nice cold RC cola and Moon Pie and your good to go.

6 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

:puzzled:

Answers my question.lol

Do y'all have Sundrop? I do know that's a southern beverage but it has expanded over the years.

hero-mobile.jpg

SunDrop is only available in a few stores here, but it exists.  My buddy from Georgia introduced me to that.  

Sun Drop all over the place up here.

I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on a truck, but I'm trying to figure out the price range. I could find something that works well from $12,000 - $28,000. I don't really want to spend anywhere near 28K, but am keeping it in the options.

Top contenders are F150 with 3.5L or 5.0L. I really prefer the 3.5 with the snails, I forgot what public opinion is here. I know that in most reviews, drivers prefer the 3.5 except for the "rumble" of the V8

GM is in the loop, but the sub 2015 interior is really off putting. I could get into a '15 if I sacrificed some of the higher end amenities. The only one I really care about is a center console. The rest I could take or leave, in general, but IIRC higher end models keep value much better.

As far as audio is concerned, it looks like you are fairly stuck with a 2012-2014 F150. I'd really like to integrate Android Auto if possible.

As much as I love the Ecoboost engines, the direct injection turns me away.  The Coyote is the choice for me.  It's easier, cheaper, sounds better, ultimately will make more power and they'll go for a couple hundred K with just normal maintenance.  The Ecoboost will need several combustion chamber cleanings in the same time and possibly even more maintenance.  You'll already be buying used also, so there's no telling how it's been treated.  The V8 is just the better bet IMO.  Don't sleep on the 6.2 either.  WONDERFUL engine, but I don't think they put it in many 150s.  It's thirsty though.

Don't forget to check Tundras.  Not sure if you like them, but if I had real truck money, that's what I'm buying.

Yep, no way would I look at the Ecoboost version.  I like my stuff to just work.

Not sure what the Tundra's interiors are like now, I wasn't excited when I bought the Cadillac but that was nearly 5 years ago.  Outside of the Galaxie it is now the car I've owned the longest.

Sun Drop all over here...although I don't get why.

11 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

As much as I love the Ecoboost engines, the direct injection turns me away.  The Coyote is the choice for me.  It's easier, cheaper, sounds better, ultimately will make more power and they'll go for a couple hundred K with just normal maintenance.  The Ecoboost will need several combustion chamber cleanings in the same time and possibly even more maintenance.  You'll already be buying used also, so there's no telling how it's been treated.  The V8 is just the better bet IMO.  Don't sleep on the 6.2 either.  WONDERFUL engine, but I don't think they put it in many 150s.  It's thirsty though.

Don't forget to check Tundras.  Not sure if you like them, but if I had real truck money, that's what I'm buying.

Agree with everything here.

Guys who work and keep trucks under warranty like the EcoBoost because of fuel and it's light etc etc.

The guys that own them for personal use all have gripes and the only one I know who is happy is Nem.  He loves his I think.

I say get the 5.0 or 6.2 or just man up and get a black smoke machine!  That new 7.3 is gonna be lit fam.

Having a bowl of caldo verde every day with different veg and add ins.

Lost a solid 10 pounds in a few days.

Lmao

The only thing that stays the same is fatty meat first to get enough fat to caramelize onions or leeks.  Usually sausage.  Almost always kale, and 90% of the time my home made chicken jello and shredded thighs.

Most versatile recipe because it really just teaches flavor layering and how to thicken a broth if you want.

11/10. Would caldo my verde again.

Got 57k on the 2.5L eco in the Escape and like it, but who knows what long term is.  

IF you have a 2.5 it's NA.  The only Ecoboost in the Escape is either the 1.5 or 2.0.

My new 800 is running well.  Already have nearly 500mi on it and I bought it last Thur.  FINALLY I am not complaining about snow.

Other sled had the crank bust out a c-clip, took out the whole block.

21 hours ago, dem beats said:

Having a bowl of caldo verde every day with different veg and add ins.

Lost a solid 10 pounds in a few days.

Lmao

Way to go Homie! =-)

I’m down about 15 since the new year.  Mostly just from skipping dessert LOL. 

9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

My new 800 is running well.  Already have nearly 500mi on it and I bought it last Thur.  FINALLY I am not complaining about snow.

Other sled had the crank bust out a c-clip, took out the whole block.

Excellent on getting in some ride time!! 

Bummer dude on the catastrophic failure. =-(

The other reason I’ve probably lost so much weight since the new year is I haven’t smoked any reefer in two months. Since the day after you and I talked about Ryan. Can honestly say I haven’t missed it much.  :)