Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I may need to go into a good shop and try some stuff out. The few i have been to seem to only have boss level products and the ones you guys describe are Nakamichi.

J

Yes you were not very close at all.

I will be back in NY in May for certain and possibly April as well. We will get together then.

J

The 1919 uses a 200 round belt feed, who needs a stinking clip anyways.

Still the best thing I have shot. Its something most people cannot fathom even shooting.

J

FUCK. Chain tensioner in my chaincase blew up. :( managed 90mi this morning before hand but I don't wantto be qworking on 2 sleds when there is snow :(

FUCK. Chain tensioner in my chaincase blew up. :( managed 90mi this morning before hand but I don't wantto be qworking on 2 sleds when there is snow :(

So I am at a bar drinking 60mi from home waiting for a trailer.

Ouch. I take it you were able to limp it back?

I may need to go into a good shop and try some stuff out. The few i have been to seem to only have boss level products and the ones you guys describe are Nakamichi.

J

Most vape shops don't carry a lot of the stuff I have been posting. Most vapers are casual vapers. Like everything I do, I am going overboard. I take something that interests me, learn a shit ton of stuff about it, buy a ton of gear, then begin designing and implementing what I have learned.

The stuff I am posting is the niche gear. Say the Adire Audio, or the SSA of the vape world.

Wait 'till you see my Russian 91% and Kayfun Lite Plus... They are designed for the end user to design and build their own coils and wicking systems rather than buying premade replacement coil heads. I am also considering Kraken and Ithaka atomizer heads, but their bottom feed implementation is a little more complex to design and build than the top fed Russian and Kayfun. I want to master the more user friendly top feeders (and they do tend to get better reviews among most users than the Kraken and Ithaka heads) before I get into the bottom fed Genesis style attys.

This is a Russian 91% in pieces (excluding wick and coil materials)

big_russian-91-25-rba-atomizer_2.jpg

And a Russian with a custom coil assy

db56dfbb42_DSC-3154.jpg

And an assembled Russian

7_4_unboxing.jpg

The Kayfun looks almost exactly the same, but it uses different air bleed features.

I like that metal.

I do too. I'm not sure how it will look on my eVic. I may have to get new battery and head tubes to make it look like it fits. It is actually one reason I am likely going to snag the Nemesis mod. Not sure if I want the 2 tone matte or the silver matte...

nemesisVWmatte_zps4a351d87.jpg

nemesismatte_zps56916966.jpg

Here is the Kayfun.

2196_0.jpg

It also comes with the clear tank piece to replace the stainless tank section just like the Russian. The Russian offers an adjustable air hole on the side of the bottom housing, where the Kayfun has the adjustable bleed hole on the bottom (the screw right under the hole in this pic). Since the bleed is on the bottom, you want a mod with an adjustable bleed at the atomizer mount (top side). If you look at the atty mount on the nemesis in the pics I included, you can see the bleed holes on the mixed matte, but not on the silver matte. That is because the top ring twists to allow you to adjust the air bleed on it, so it would work great with the Kayfun. If you look at my eVic, you can see small slots right where the atomizer tank mounts on the control head. There are 4 reliefs in the head, and they are fixed. I like the fact that I can adjust the bleed externally with the Nemesis. But the Russian allows you to use it with mods that do not offer bottom bleeds, which is why a lot of people prefer the Russian.

You can see the Russian adjustment screw on the side of it here.

russian-91-04.jpg

Though I don't understand much of it, the niche sounds fun to get into with all the customization.

It's cool. It started out as a way to quit smoking, but it is turning into a serious "hobby". There are several coil designs that I can build to play with that change flavor, nicotine uptake and throat hit (the feeling you get from smoking in your throat). Simple things like how far you lift the coil from the air hole, if you angle the coil, if you offset it from the air hole, if you orient it vertically or horizontally, if you use stainless mesh, cotton, or synthetic wick material, how you wind your coil, and a plethora of other tiny factors can vastly affect these things.

I'm not even vaping tobacco flavors anymore. It is like I have completely forgotten about smoking, which after nearly 40 years of smoking is a big deal for me... which is why I share it here.

FUCK. Chain tensioner in my chaincase blew up. sad.png managed 90mi this morning before hand but I don't wantto be qworking on 2 sleds when there is snow sad.png

That fucking blows.

Though I don't understand much of it, the niche sounds fun to get into with all the customization.

Blows my mine the industry that has popped up overnight. Oddly I have meet a few ppl that started nicotine bc of vaping. I personally haven't smoked cigs daily for a couple months  now.

FUCK. Chain tensioner in my chaincase blew up. sad.png managed 90mi this morning before hand but I don't wantto be qworking on 2 sleds when there is snow sad.png

That fucking blows.

Parts is parts. Always something. 

Is anyone located in Ohio by chance, near Akron or so ? I want to hear more systems, especially from other SSA members. Also need to start going to local events...

Since you guys are posting pictures of vapes and such (I own an Arizer Extreme Q myself), I thought I'd post a picture of a recent purchase I made.

Double honeycomb percs (90 holes each, lotsss of diffusion), cyclone spinning splashguard, stemless, 7mm thick glass.

pxqo.jpg

What do you do with that thing?

If this is directed at me.... Smoke. It is a water pipe. Smoking medium ? Up to your imagination :P

If this is directed at me.... Smoke. It is a water pipe. Smoking medium ? Up to your imagination :P

Yes, I don't get out much. So when things like that are posted I am curious. How would you smoke that?

I'm fucking stoked. My Russian 91% will be here on Monday. It is in town right now.

If this is directed at me.... Smoke. It is a water pipe. Smoking medium ? Up to your imagination tongue.png

Yes, I don't get out much. So when things like that are posted I am curious. How would you smoke that?

Pack desired herbs into the bowl head, burn it and fill it up with some milky smoke (obviously sucking in air), pull out the bowl head from the stemless "down steam" (there isn't really a downstem, the stemless design is usually found on higher end tubes and allows for more complex perc systems), then just clear the chamber.

It is meant to be hit while sitting on a flat surface, straight up and down, as are most stemless designs.

Here is two vids of it:

Edited by hatrix

Ouch. I take it you were able to limp it back?

Only slipped when I tried to go above 15mph or goose it. Broke about 1/3mi from a bar on a major highway that I nearly live on.