Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I usually make my scrambled eggs by stirring constantly on and off the heat makes for very fluffy eggs with no milk neededm

Why would you do them on and off the heat instead of finding the temp that you can just sit there at?

Our stove sucks pretty bad.

Z06, if only for better pad selection

I usually make my scrambled eggs by stirring constantly on and off the heat makes for very fluffy eggs with no milk neededm

Why would you do them on and off the heat instead of finding the temp that you can just sit there at?
Our stove sucks pretty bad.
Even an electric POS should be able to be dialed in. Equilibrium is your friend.

Does make me want to clarify one thing. I have an unfair advantage in browning meat with a 22k BTU burner. Without it, I'd need to use a Cast pan much more often.

I use that pan for crepes, large pancakes and eggs. Nothing else.

That's really the only use for a non stick pan. At least, as far as I've found.

Edited by Penguin4x4

And my $15 blue steel pan cooks circles around my $130 All Clad non-stick.

And my $15 blue steel pan cooks circles around my $130 All Clad non-stick.

I seriously need to move. Not enough room, and feels like shit here.

J

Z06, if only for better pad selection

And for keeping an OEM solution. Custom stuff is nice at times but when I did my rear disc brake conversion I wanted the least amount of custom stuff. VW calipers, Mercedes rotors, VW brake lines. Keeping the custom stuff to things that don't brake easily (brackets, hard lines). 

So my MIL got us a new cookware set and it's a ceramic non stick. Are most ceramic non stick surfaces metal utensil safe?

It is supposed to be, but it really isn't. Buy silicone utensils.

The nonstick I have claims to be metal utensil safe but I still don't use metal on them. I would not recommend cladded SS to someone unless they are an experienced cook. (I have a SS set also) I have a set of cast iron thats great for cooking proteins too. smile.png

http://www.anolon.com/shop-anolon.html?Brand=Anolon+Advanced

This is the brand I have now. What brand/set did you get?

Swiss Diamond. Solid set. My wife scratched up the 10 inch pan with metal spats. We have a set of Oxo silicones but she wouldn't listen.

The Nonstick set I have are the Wifeys so she is nazi about the utensils. she will even flip if a pot or pan ends up in the sink. 

Bacon is a snap in the oven on some Parchment paper. I don't keep the grease though.

The lowest setting on at least 30% of people's cooking element is too hot. So it is much more simple to move on and off the heat.

I could not agree more that cooking eggs is a good test of ones cooking ability. I like mine poached!

Unfortunately I have an electric stove so am bummed no matter what pan I am using.  

I got another new vape pen given to me as a tip this week. lol  Has been WAAAY nicer than the Blu. Now to buy one for dabbing!! High Times had an article on them last month and lead me to this one.

http://www.dabotg.com/product/dabotg-fumed-kit/

Look into the Seego cHit

It totally kicks ass. I have been using it for a few weeks. Here it is on my new vaporizer...

DSCF1661_zps4d00eb50.jpg

Sorry for the blur, I wasn't very steady

That looks perfect for my needs! I already have the eGo battery. I am thinking of getting the wifey the Dabotg as a complete setup but need one for myself, so i think I will give this a try. Thanks Seth. I am sure I will have more questions as I am interested in a vari-volt setup too.

On another note, I see you like stout beers. Have you ever tried Lion Stout?

I have committed treason. I called in sick.

It's call in today or call in this weekend. After the last 4 weeks and 3 migraines I think I'm ok.

I'm going to get hydrated and do nothing..... Well I might vacuum.

I have been cooking bacon in the oven for years. I use cookie coolers, place the bacon on them, put them in the cold oven, place oven to 425, set timer to 17 minutes, once time is complete, I shut the oven off, but let the bacon sit in the oven for another 8 minutes. Comes out perfect every time.

Hey Seth, Whats the deal with the 3 different ohm coils for the Seego? how long does a coil last you?

• 3 x Different ohm coil atomizers (2.4, 2.6 and 2.8 ohm