Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Finally watching star wars on blu ray. I have had the movies for 2 years and just opened them today.

what does GM call their push button start?*

*I assume they have one.

I want to ask on forums if they have a better way of adding it. Not having to carry a fucking key is huge. I hate having the keyfob & key in my pocket all the time. Seriously pisses me off.

RFID Proximity Sensor Push Button Start
There are kits out there for around $250 to add it, but depending on the kits you'd need a bypass if its newer than an 06

$250 I am interested, 2010 so bypass indeed. All I've found was $700+. Curious what you found.

Little searching, not sure if these are reputable places but..

http://www.innovativeignitionsystems.com/#!pke-100-u/c237f
Definitely a company based in china, or just a guy with shitty English.

Found this one also, site is pretty awful but it does look like a better product.
http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/automobiles-trucks/push-button-start-automotive/pbs-ii/product

looks reputable John from handcrafted  Car Audio did one some time ago on an SSR

Thanks. Didn't mean to make you search, but I appreciate it.

Still curious what you meant by bypass as neither of those say anything about it. $300 is a lot better than the $700 I've found before, but still hurts for what you get.

The Guard Dog unit is interesting to me in particular, seems to be more RFID generic from the look of the transmitter meaning I could probably get one that will fit in my wallet. Not carrying a key at all would absolutely get me to spend $300. If I was only wallet and/or cell phone I'd be a happy guy. No reason if it is truly just RFID that I can't do that. Could also use the same RFID to trigger my house to do something. Going to at least call those guys.

If you have a smart key (which is 99% probability) the car has to "sense" that it's in there. So depending on your vehicle you'd need something like the Xpress kit to fool it into thinking the key is in the ignition so it'll start. So with most remote starts on vehicles newer than 06  usually, you'll need the bypass unless they have it already built in.

I remembered seeing it before but couldn't remember.. Didn't take long gayhaaay1.gif

A wee FTW though. Went to Cub foods to buy a steak.

Bought 2 $8 "t-bone's" that had huge tenderloins on them that were gorgeous. Hard to beat $5.99/lb. Then around the corner I see live Lobsters for $5.99/lb. Bought 6 1.25'ers and gobbled them up with a bottle of champagne for dinner.

That is an amazing deal. I'm mad jelly.

Bought 2 $8 "t-bone's" that had huge tenderloins on them that were gorgeous. Hard to beat $5.99/lb. Then around the corner I see live Lobsters for $5.99/lb. Bought 6 1.25'ers and gobbled them up with a bottle of champagne for dinner.

That is an amazing deal. I'm mad jelly.

Man that is dirt cheap. The local lobster and crabs here are pretty damn pricey

So my MIL got us a new cookware set and it's a ceramic non stick. Are most ceramic non stick surfaces metal utensil safe? 

It is supposed to be, but it really isn't. Buy silicone utensils.

Speaking of no keys, I fell in love with the bluetooth fob on the Challenger. So I looked up the same system for home entry and found this.

http://www.kwikset.com/Kevo/default.aspx#.UsQltq2A0eg

I don't need a keypad entry as I already have one on the garage. I like the convenience of BT setup though as far as hands free unlocking. 

Anyone have experience with this setup? Any flaws you see? Any other suggestions?

Love the idea, I hate keys. Bluetooth wouldn't be the favored technology but probably cheaper than doing an RFID setup.

surprisingly they're not using a technology like NFC instead of BT.

http://www.nearfieldcommunication.org/bluetooth.html

Sounds like the BT is probably the better choice for the lock as the NFC claims to work at only very short distances.(under a foot) I hadn't thought of the power consumption of the BT either though. I prefer the Kwikset brand locks and door knobs over any others I have found is the other reason. 

Will be sweet when hands are full and don't want to dig for keys. FTW

So my MIL got us a new cookware set and it's a ceramic non stick. Are most ceramic non stick surfaces metal utensil safe?

It is supposed to be, but it really isn't. Buy silicone utensils.

The nonstick I have claims to be metal utensil safe but I still don't use metal on them. I would not recommend cladded SS to someone unless they are an experienced cook. (I have a SS set also) I have a set of cast iron thats great for cooking proteins too. smile.png

http://www.anolon.com/shop-anolon.html?Brand=Anolon+Advanced

This is the brand I have now. What brand/set did you get?

Yummy, Yummy!!! They have some wicked good King crab at the local store here. 

Bristol Bay king crab = yummy. Cooked on the boat and frozen once without ever being thawed. National average is something like thawed refrozen 7 times. Ugh.

We do that at frequencies up to 20MHz to excite resonances, focused energy ftw.

Air coupled energy is REALLY inefficient though

Boo. When sitting at the gas station, if I turn the car on accessory power it plays the radio for about 2 minutes and then says start the car the battery is low and shuts off the stereo. My luck with GM continues.

And yes, I realize this is not a GM thing, but seriously 2010 and the battery is shot? My M5 had the original battery in it when I bought it.

need a cap for that. 50 faradzzz should do

Boo. When sitting at the gas station, if I turn the car on accessory power it plays the radio for about 2 minutes and then says start the car the battery is low and shuts off the stereo. My luck with GM continues.

And yes, I realize this is not a GM thing, but seriously 2010 and the battery is shot? My M5 had the original battery in it when I bought it.

Sounds reasonable if it was a 36mo battery...  the W's car had a battery from 2001, car is a '99, it died this past summer on the way to Denver.  Its hard to find better quality control than what they put into cheap automotive batteries, 36mo, it'll die 36.5-40 months.