Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Everyone have a nice holiday? The drive to NY wasn't so bad. Just some fog in PA. The trip back was pretty fun, just a bit slow.

J

Ok so you drove through PA and I bet real close to me and did not let me know?

Not super close but somewhat. I was passing thru PA at 3 am ish as well.

J

I am always up. Were you on 11 and 15 heading south?

I've tested out the tabled connected to the home system. It's going to sound plenty good off the headphone output :)

And that means I'll probably leave it as is, no custom ROM. A back-up cam is the next thing to add.

And I have a devious plan for mounting it...going to take advantage of the way some CNC bits are shaped. If it all folds out as planned this thing will look wicked in the car.

need a custom Rom for 2 other reasons. Instant startup and usb access while charging.

I usually make my scrambled eggs by stirring constantly on and off the heat makes for very fluffy eggs with no milk neededm

Why would you do them on and off the heat instead of finding the temp that you can just sit there at?
The lowest setting on at least 30% of people's cooking element is too hot. So it is much more simple to move on and off the heat.
Yep, even medium is still too hot. I have to keep adjusting over and over unless I want some stuff to burb
try low in the burb

I usually make my scrambled eggs by stirring constantly on and off the heat makes for very fluffy eggs with no milk neededm

Why would you do them on and off the heat instead of finding the temp that you can just sit there at?
The lowest setting on at least 30% of people's cooking element is too hot. So it is much more simple to move on and off the heat.
Yep, even medium is still too hot. I have to keep adjusting over and over unless I want some stuff to burb
try low in the burb
*burn lol

I got another new vape pen given to me as a tip this week. lol  Has been WAAAY nicer than the Blu. Now to buy one for dabbing!! High Times had an article on them last month and lead me to this one.

http://www.dabotg.com/product/dabotg-fumed-kit/

Look into the Seego cHit

It totally kicks ass. I have been using it for a few weeks. Here it is on my new vaporizer...

DSCF1661_zps4d00eb50.jpg

Sorry for the blur, I wasn't very steady

That looks perfect for my needs! I already have the eGo battery. I am thinking of getting the wifey the Dabotg as a complete setup but need one for myself, so i think I will give this a try. Thanks Seth. I am sure I will have more questions as I am interested in a vari-volt setup too.

On another note, I see you like stout beers. Have you ever tried Lion Stout?

I have not, but ironically a buddy of mine tried some on New Years and he raved about it. We are supposed to get together and have a few next weekend.

try low in the burb
*burn lol
I realized wink.png ...but low is lower than medium, just so you know.

Hey Seth, Whats the deal with the 3 different ohm coils for the Seego? how long does a coil last you?

• 3 x Different ohm coil atomizers (2.4, 2.6 and 2.8 ohm

It all boils down to wattage (V^2/Ohms). The higher the wattage, the hotter the burn. You can get too hot and burn up the material. I run the 2.4s and generally stick at 5.2 watts. I have found that if I run it hotter that 5.5 I waste my dabs. At 5.2 I get a killer buzz and my dabs go forever. I have run about 1/4 gram over the course of a month (and still have a hefty chunk left in it), and gotten a few buddies baked. But I don't smoke a lot.

My device is a variable voltage/ variable wattage device, and it allows me to customize my vape wattage over time. For dabs I have it set to fire initially at 7 watts for ~ 1/2 a second, then ramp it down to 5 watts at 2 seconds and it carries 5 watts until you release the trigger. This allows it to heat up real fast and get cooking, but it mellows out the hit overall, plus it saves on material. It really is the ideal VV/VW device for dabs, IMO.

Also, I know a lot of people rave about the iCloud for dabs. Don't waste your money. A good buddy of mine bought one and he hates it. After trying my setup he ordered the exact set up I have the next day.

As far as longevity, I have my original coil in it and have been running it for about a month. I just make sure I don't push down on the coil when I load it. Put some on the side of the bowl and trigger the coil. It will heat the bowl and roll the oil into the coil. This starts the wicking process. Then I cram a bunch more on the side of the bowl assembly and cap it off. The coil is delicate, so you need to treat it as such.

Hey Seth, Whats the deal with the 3 different ohm coils for the Seego? how long does a coil last you?

It all boils down to wattage (V^2/Ohms). The higher the wattage, the hotter the burn. You can get too hot and burn up the material. I run the 2.4s and generally stick at 5.2 watts. I have found that if I run it hotter that 5.5 I waste my dabs. At 5.2 I get a killer buzz and my dabs go forever. I have run about 1/4 gram over the course of a month (and still have a hefty chunk left in it), and gotten a few buddies baked. But I don't smoke a lot.

My device is a variable voltage/ variable wattage device, and it allows me to customize my vape wattage over time. For dabs I have it set to fire initially at 7 watts for ~ 1/2 a second, then ramp it down to 5 watts at 2 seconds and it carries 5 watts until you release the trigger. This allows it to heat up real fast and get cooking, but it mellows out the hit overall, plus it saves on material. It really is the ideal VV/VW device for dabs, IMO.

Also, I know a lot of people rave about the iCloud for dabs. Don't waste your money. A good buddy of mine bought one and he hates it. After trying my setup he ordered the exact set up I have the next day.

As far as longevity, I have my original coil in it and have been running it for about a month. I just make sure I don't push down on the coil when I load it. Put some on the side of the bowl and trigger the coil. It will heat the bowl and roll the oil into the coil. This starts the wicking process. Then I cram a bunch more on the side of the bowl assembly and cap it off. The coil is delicate, so you need to treat it as such.

I sometimes wish I wasn't in the military especially being in California everyone isalways baked

Just the info I was after.  I am sure I won't truly be happy until I pick up a variable battery setup. 

Julian, I just did 14 months without. It will be that much better when you can burn. 

The wifey fells like a crackhead using a dabber bowl, SO a vape pen is a must for her. Me, I just want one for on the go. FTW

I finally got my money back from the bondsman in Utah. Fuckers have had it for over half a year. The charges got dropped two months ago, but they wouldn't send it until I contacted them. Once again Utah sucks. 

Just the info I was after.  I am sure I won't truly be happy until I pick up a variable battery setup. 

For on the cheap you can grab an eGo twist for under $25

http://www.litecigusa.net/joye_ego_c_twist_battery_s/232.htm

I actually bought my eVic from them. While the starter kit costs $105 I pieced mine together from them with the black tube kit. I bought the head, battery, tube, and cable for ~$85. I have since bought the short tube and the smaller 18350 battery effectively knocking it down an inch and a half or so. I like the short tube as it definitely makes the eVic much more portable.

Best price I have found for a genuine eVic control head FWIW. Shipping was fast and cheap. I generally favor Vaporkings for my online vape gear, but they were about 20% more expensive on the eVic. I bought my Russian 91% from them (about the only place you can find a real Russian right now). I wish they had the Kayfun Lite Plus, but sadly they don't. I grabbed it from VaporEV but I won't get it for at least 6 weeks. I am going to grab the Nemesis from VaporEV though :drool:. My Russian will be here Monday.

I already have the eGo battery. I can get the Seego vhit-c for 15 shipped with all three coils. If I decide I want more control than i can get from the dif ohm coils then I will pick up a vari setup.

I already have the eGo battery. I can get the Seego vhit-c for 15 shipped with all three coils. If I decide I want more control than i can get from the dif ohm coils then I will pick up a vari setup.

The eGo Twist is a variable voltage (VV) version of the eGo. It basically offers a dial on the bottom to adjust your settings. My Halo Triton is similar. It works, but I prefer a variable wattage (VW) device.

I sometimes wish I wasn't in the military especially being in California everyone isalways baked

Especially in Monterey. I really enjoyed visiting that area. I used to hit it up every couple years when I lived in the SoCal.

I just caught that. So you suggest the eVic controller if I want to cut through the chase? 

I just caught that. So you suggest the eVic controller if I want to cut through the chase? 

I like it. There are better units out there, but you will pay for them. But IMO the eVic offers a ton of control for dabs, and right now nothing offers the feature set to accomplish this like the eVic does. In fact, if you do get the eVic, I can upload the variable wattage package I put together and you can download it to your eVic. In that regard it kicks ass.

You can grab a mech like the Nemesis I linked, but your voltage is fixed. It is more for vaping e-liquids. You can grab the Provari, likely one of the best VV mods out there right now, but you are limited to voltage adjustments... and fixed voltage levels at that. In other words, once you set the voltage it is fixed at that voltage until you release the button. While both mods are better then the eVic for vaping liquids, neither will give you that initial boost to liquify the dabs and the ability to dial it down during your hit so you don't burn the coil/wick/dabs during your hit.

Hey, this resembles something now.

IMAG0813_zpsc1517078.jpg

Fucking ordered the wrong wrist pin, so the engine isn't quite as happy

IMAG0814_zpsb9bd4091.jpg

Bake me some bread and get me some oil dip.

got my work cut out for tomorrow.  Two 120 pound hogs, 25 pounds of sausage, 50 chicken leg quarters, 20 gallons of jambalaya, 80 hot dog, and a partridge in a pear tree 

Garddamn going for the full rebuild! It will be better than new. :)