Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Fuck that! Bring the sun and heat! I can't take any more cold and snow. The past two winters have been BRUTAL!

Fuck that! Bring the sun and heat! I can't take any more cold and snow. The past two winters have been BRUTAL!

Climate change bro.

Also, there were grass fires today because of the wind and heat. Not good.

Most likely down to 2 options, I've called on a bunch of others but I don't expect great response. Plus these two are the cheapest at under $6k.

Roots: Eaton TVS-1900 (1.9L) in a Magnusson Kit $5800

Plenty of 600+rwhp sub 11.5s trucks on PT, but no build threads like the one below.

Twin Screw: Whipple 2.3L in a Whipple Kit $5750 from Mike @ New Era

Here is his build thread, which is actually a great thread. Thread alone make me want his kit.

11 pages, but you gotta love track runs along the way

http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/sponsor-projects-builds-customers-trucks-209/2012-sierra-rcsb-5-3-build-thread-%40-new-era-performance-505827/

Twin screw for sure.

Other than price I cannot think of a reason to go roots over twin screw. The screw is cooler and has less parasitic draw.

Ultra is ok.

EDC is probably a much better time.

Also, the whole winter music conference was much better than Ultra. I don't think it's in SoBe anymore however...

Been a loooooong time.

Either way, I would love to go.

Come here in June, 4 day festival at an old, partly ruined, castle. 

The new FJ springs have arrived!

Looks like I have something to do tomorrow woot.gif

Don't forget the pics!! icon_pics-stfu.gif

All pics are hear

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/topic/54584-nems-evilinator/page-63

Now everyone knows what a manly man you are working on that in the snow. jk biggrin.png

I was committed after I did the rear springs and the snow started to lay.

I could tell you many stories from my younger years working on vehicles and tractors on the farm. They seemed to work great all summer, but as soon as it snow and got cold they all broke.

That's stupid. And it always happens, the starter on the Jeep decided to quit on the coldest day of all winter. 

Three day weekend is close!!!

I have always liked basball...about the only sport I can whatch on tv...

I'd rather watch grass grow

With baseball you can do both! At the same time!

I have always liked basball...about the only sport I can whatch on tv...

I'd rather watch grass grow

With baseball you can do both! At the same time!

Lol...

Twin screw for sure.

Other than price I cannot think of a reason to go roots over twin screw. The screw is cooler and has less parasitic draw.

Roots makes more power down low. Efficiency only comes into play when you are spinning the compressor at full hoot pretty much as well which is 17+psi and I don't currently have the motor to do that.

That being said, if the dude in the thread can provide me with all I need that would sway me.

Also the 1.9L will of course be more efficient at lower boost. So that argument isn't exactly a good one.

rear cargo area = 2 nos tanks + 2 15s in fiberglass.

NOS bro!

Bang for the buck the winner by far.

Only problem is it isn't 100% of the time and the truck is too lethargic as it is now.

Screw the 15's. I'd love to find a used JL stealthbox for it tough rofl.

I may just run without a sub though.

Going to do Seas mids and Scan speak tweets though....imagine that.

Have to get off my ass and do some installin'

Have to get off my ass and do some installin'

Drink coffee!!!!

Twin screw for sure.

Roots makes more power down low. Efficiency only comes into play when you are spinning the compressor at full hoot pretty much as well which is 17+psi and I don't currently have the motor to do that.

That being said, if the dude in the thread can provide me with all I need that would sway me.

We use roots blowers at work and stock a complete system. Last night when I was looking at it I thought of how to adapt it to a motor.

The units we use are a little bigger and not as nice as the auto world ones though. 

Twin screw for sure.

Roots has more on the lower side given the same displacement etc?

That isn't how I understand that. Aside from price I didn't know of a single reason to go roots over screw.

Do you have some info on roots providing more power down low?

Also the 1.9L will of course be more efficient at lower boost. So that argument isn't exactly a good one.

Lulz.

That is a thing.

Go screw yourself Sean. It's the right thing to do.

Twin screw for sure.

We use roots blowers at work and stock a complete system. Last night when I was looking at it I thought of how to adapt it to a motor.

Great cheep blowers.... But I feel you are better off screwed.

Twin screw for sure.

Great cheep blowers.... But I feel you are better off screwed.

I will try and get a picture of the vanes inside.

Starting my 4 day weekend!