Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Haha!

I like it!

Wish I had a car for acting hooliganish in. The 550 with the AWD is a bit too planted. I can get a wiggle once and a while, and with the winter tires I can slip the back tires for a second.

Definitely a lot of grunt.

Trying to get the Jeep to powerslide is not fun. Silly viscous central and axle diffs make it unpredictable. 

Looks like I have something to do tomorrow woot.gif

:woot: 

I'm replacing the front axle today 

Have to be able to fix your own cars first, second is be ready to pounce with cash.  

Buying a car which needs work = spreading out the cost over time. 

So we went to the shooting range yesterday, company teambuilding. Now all the people in the office are experts in gun opinions. /idiots...

Just like some colleague who bought his first car, now he's an expert in evaluating the mileage of a car based on interior wear and tear. 

So we went to the shooting range yesterday, company teambuilding. Now all the people in the office are experts in gun opinions. /idiots...

What did you shoot?

Just like some colleague who bought his first car, now he's an expert in evaluating the mileage of a car based on interior wear and tear.

The more I learn the more humbled I become and the more I understand I know nothing.

I feel I'm a pragmatic expert in sales at this point but the constant application of the highest level of my craft is still so difficult.

When discussing technical information, anecdotal or otherwise on subjects I know I have vast experience in I spend more time learning that doing now....

The period where I felt I knew everything was so short lived, and I'm so thankful for that.

What did you shoot?

Steyr M9A1

Target was 20 feet out, 15 bullets total, it was my first time shooting: 

osy1aq.jpg

The more I learn the more humbled I become and the more I understand I know nothing.

I feel I'm a pragmatic expert in sales at this point but the constant application of the highest level of my craft is still so difficult.

When discussing technical information, anecdotal or otherwise on subjects I know I have vast experience in I spend more time learning that doing now....

The period where I felt I knew everything was so short lived, and I'm so thankful for that.

One of them just bought a car. Imagine generic overpriced shitbox. When he bought it, he was happy that he did not buy another one which the seller claimed had xxx miles but somebody told him the interior looks worn out. 

We get into my car, his words: "How many miles does it have? Oohh, I bet it has much more, the seats look worn, the levers look very worn out" 

All of them are phd types (just that they don't have a phd). Graduated then straight up started working here. Teacher's pets etc etc :) 

When I bought my skis, at a 1/3rd of the price they paid but just as high end as theirs, the "experts" shrugged. When they saw what I bought their faces were priceless. 

What did you shoot?

Steyr M9A1

Target was 20 feet out, 15 bullets total, it was my first time shooting: 

osy1aq.jpg

Not bad for your first time.

Curious why they thought it'd shit injectors as well.

Huh?

The injectors were the faulty part. I walked into the 2011 knowing it would happen if it hadn't already.

Apparently as those injectors go they put a lot of wear on the rest of the system.

That is an absurd amount of money for injectors. No reason they should wear out either.

Turboooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I would like to find a good turbo kit for a chevy 3.4..lol

Sean your snow that you sent my way will not stop me!

Quit burning the steaks Mikey! My 14 yo daughter won't even eat over medium rare.

It was just a little well done biggrin.png
Seriously you turned that into dog food.
I always cook steaks well done usually too, but he deffinetly cooked it to far
Why? It is not for flavor or moisture lol. I wouldn't even do that to hamburger. Pointless to eat a steak like that.

Bet you use steak sauce too, lol.

No i dont really like steak sauce, but I guess it seems odd to me to have a steak pink, or bloody. I tried tri tip the other day at a resteraunt and i asked for medium rare which is something i usually do not do, still a little pink, but was too chewy

Its not blood. The pink juice is water mixed with a protein that tints the water red.

Quit burning the steaks Mikey! My 14 yo daughter won't even eat over medium rare.

It was just a little well done biggrin.png
Seriously you turned that into dog food.
I always cook steaks well done usually too, but he deffinetly cooked it to far
Why? It is not for flavor or moisture lol. I wouldn't even do that to hamburger. Pointless to eat a steak like that.

Bet you use steak sauce too, lol.

No i dont really like steak sauce, but I guess it seems odd to me to have a steak pink, or bloody. I tried tri tip the other day at a resteraunt and i asked for medium rare which is something i usually do not do, still a little pink, but was too chewy

Its not blood. The pink juice is water mixed with a protein that tints the water red.

You are really taking a chance ordering rare at most average restaurants. Most people cooking at restaurants are not properly trained. Think about it, how much is the cook making again? Oh yeah, around nine bucks an hour if they are good.

Hey MK, were you the guy that said you had some input on mobile playlists a few weeks ago? Did I miss your response?

Any one here ever eaten Tristan lobster before? 

I am looking on menu's to find a good place for the wifes B-day tomorrow, as we are heading to Denver for Fleetwood Mac. Found The lobster on the menu and they claim an 18oz. tail. 

Always enjoyed driving the Audi q4's over the mountain passes. Lots of corners and the awd ate them up. biggrin.png One of the biggest turn offs on the bimmer's for me is the rwd. What's a good model to look for with AWD that's turbo'ed or can be?

Your turn off is my turn on. I'd much rather have an RWD than even a AWD. So much more fun. Of course for a daily car and my driveway that means snow shoes but that is a good idea anyways.

And no, a RWD Escalade would be stupid. The statement above needs to include the caveat of some semblance of weight balance.

Honestly you are probably right. I am a form follows function person to a fault. That said if I bought a Bimmer the function is for fun!

As far as the caveat of weight balance I am sure BMW spent a whole look more on R&D on this than Honda. So again foot in mouth. :D

Do you guys favor the E30/E36's because of the unique body style? Or is there something else I'm not keen to yet?

The new FJ springs have arrived!

Looks like I have something to do tomorrow woot.gif

Don't forget the pics!! icon_pics-stfu.gif