Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

driftmode engaged

Haha!

I like it!

Wish I had a car for acting hooliganish in. The 550 with the AWD is a bit too planted. I can get a wiggle once and a while, and with the winter tires I can slip the back tires for a second.

Definitely a lot of grunt.

I definitely enjoy it, probably the last easy bimmer to work on and the upgrade possibilities are endless. So parts are becoming insanely pricey but mine isnt a show car. Something fun to track and beat on for little cost.

Always enjoyed driving the Audi q4's over the mountain passes. Lots of corners and the awd ate them up. :D One of the biggest turn offs on the bimmer's for me is the rwd. What's a good model to look for with AWD that's turbo'ed or can be?

I definitely enjoy it, probably the last easy bimmer to work on and the upgrade possibilities are endless. So parts are becoming insanely pricey but mine isnt a show car. Something fun to track and beat on for little cost.

The E30 Sean? ^^^^Meets my needs perfect. A hooptie bmw. lol

The E30 Sean? ^^^^Meets my needs perfect. A hooptie bmw. lol

Yeah you would enjoy it Jared but the prices are coming up slightly lately unfortunately. You can still find them for cheap though if you look around. I bought an 87 325i with 200K miles for $1k. It was a one owner with all receipts from brand new. They only down side was the seat wear, paint fade, and it had two small rust holes in the rocker panels.

The M6 is epic. The cost is painful when the M5 keeps up.

My BIL just bought a 650ix which does the 0-60 run in 4.3 and is pretty much M speed from a few years back. SUPER nice

The inline 6 from BMW has won a billion or so awards.

Pretty trustworthy. The E46 M3 is about the most reliable modern car ever.

You can tune it through the sky also. Cheep parts.

It's the German mustang.

It isn't the drivetrain that is the problem. The E46 had all sorts of shit break all the time in the interior,.

I'm beyond impressed with the twin power V8.

Barely any turbo lag.

Just beast mode, and my doesn't have the extra fancy constant pressure design from the M.

And reverse flow is just mind boggling. It is so smart, but looks soo weird.

Turbo lag isn't a reality. Poor matched turbo's however could be.

I think I missed you were suggesting adding a turbo the the E46. My bad, its early and my friday.

Are they reliable with the turbo added or does it open up a can of worms?

More reliable than almost anything. BMW uses the same basic design in all the new twin turbo M3, M4, 335, 535, etc etc.

The only question with power is what is the next weakest link. Again, not the motor but I think that can generally be said about any manufacturer these days.

E34 and E36 are also uber easy to work on

Always enjoyed driving the Audi q4's over the mountain passes. Lots of corners and the awd ate them up. biggrin.png One of the biggest turn offs on the bimmer's for me is the rwd. What's a good model to look for with AWD that's turbo'ed or can be?

Your turn off is my turn on. I'd much rather have an RWD than even a AWD. So much more fun. Of course for a daily car and my driveway that means snow shoes but that is a good idea anyways.

And no, a RWD Escalade would be stupid. The statement above needs to include the caveat of some semblance of weight balance.

I'm in love with the F13 M6 atm. The M8 is fly too!med_gallery_10399_415_62431.jpg

That is pretty bad ass!!! How many arms and legs does that cost?

200k+ new. 85-90k for a used 2012-13.
I would pimp it for sure!

RWD is more my style.

The 550xi was all I could find though.

:-)

It's definitely great in the snow however.

The new FJ springs have arrived!

Looks like I have something to do tomorrow :woot:

Looks like I have something to do tomorrow :woot:

I cant wait till this weekend I am going to work on some of my projects, and it is suppose to be pretty outside!!

Just got my truck out the shop 3rd time this month, fuck i wish i knew more about how to work on vehicles!

Just got my truck out the shop 3rd time this month, fuck i wish i knew more about how to work on vehicles!

What was it?

What is on everybody's menu for Easter dinner if you are having one?

Of course a big ass ham and turkey here,smile.png Undecided on the all the side dishes,looking to get some ideas..

I have a trust issue with other people working on my vehicles, I trust no body!

X2!!!!!!

X2!!!!!!

The 1st time my brake lights would not shut off, even with my keys removed from the ignition the other 2X my truck died on me and would crank over but not start. First he said he soldered a corroded anti theft wire, and today i got my truck out and he said the Distributor needed replaced..cost me 730$ to put it in the shop this month and i do not trust him, or know of any other good mechanics. Just think it was odd that my truck died twice the same exact way and would not start twice in a month

And for you big ballers 730$ may not seem much, but to me while im in college and working at Burger King still, im am pissed off and fucking broke again. Take 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Ive been this forum almost everyday for the past two years and still have the same stereo in my truck with no bass lol.

Dude, I buy cars for less than your repair bill.