Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

And for you big ballers 730$ may not seem much, but to me while im in college and working at Burger King still, im am pissed off and fucking broke again. Take 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Ive been this forum almost everyday for the past two years and still have the same stereo in my truck with no bass lol.

Poverty is the father of invention!

Seriously though that sucks. Exspecially if it is your daily driver. If it continues to have issues I would suspect an electrical gremlin. Could be a faulty electrical component somewhere or a bad connection. Both can temporarily fix themselves which unfortunately makes diagnosing even harder. It could be resetting itself or something the mechanic is doing unintentionally could be responsible for doing it. All food for thought anyways.

Funny some herbs are so cerebral causing you to be focused and energetic. Make you want to wash your car type smoke.

Unfortunately the crypto I test drove this morning was not one of them. Guess the name should've gave it away. :D

Sean your snow that you sent my way will not stop me!

70 here

Quit burning the steaks Mikey! My 14 yo daughter won't even eat over medium rare.

It was just a little well done biggrin.png
Seriously you turned that into dog food.
I always cook steaks well done usually too, but he deffinetly cooked it to far
Why? It is not for flavor or moisture lol. I wouldn't even do that to hamburger. Pointless to eat a steak like that.

Bet you use steak sauce too, lol.

No i dont really like steak sauce, but I guess it seems odd to me to have a steak pink, or bloody. I tried tri tip the other day at a resteraunt and i asked for medium rare which is something i usually do not do, still a little pink, but was too chewy

Its not blood. The pink juice is water mixed with a protein that tints the water red.

You are really taking a chance ordering rare at most average restaurants. Most people cooking at restaurants are not properly trained. Think about it, how much is the cook making again? Oh yeah, around nine bucks an hour if they are good.
Yeah, the chance is likely that you will have to send it back because they cook the piss out of it anyways. As for safe, generally speaking you can eat it raw.

Always enjoyed driving the Audi q4's over the mountain passes. Lots of corners and the awd ate them up. biggrin.png One of the biggest turn offs on the bimmer's for me is the rwd. What's a good model to look for with AWD that's turbo'ed or can be?

Your turn off is my turn on. I'd much rather have an RWD than even a AWD. So much more fun. Of course for a daily car and my driveway that means snow shoes but that is a good idea anyways.

And no, a RWD Escalade would be stupid. The statement above needs to include the caveat of some semblance of weight balance.

Honestly you are probably right. I am a form follows function person to a fault. That said if I bought a Bimmer the function is for fun!
And RWD >>>> AWD for fun. In particular in inclement weather.

As far as the caveat of weight balance I am sure BMW spent a whole look more on R&D on this than Honda. So again foot in mouth. biggrin.png

There is only ONE reason that FWD cars exist. They are cheaper to make. That is the exclusive reason.

Do you guys favor the E30/E36's because of the unique body style? Or is there something else I'm not keen to yet?

They aren't pigs and are still drivers cars. Super simple to fix/work on as well. Side benefit are also the really cheap parts.

Funny some herbs are so cerebral causing you to be focused and energetic. Make you want to wash your car type smoke.

Unfortunately the crypto I test drove this morning was not one of them. Guess the name should've gave it away. :D

the "want to wash your car" type is the best most of the time

Curious why they thought it'd shit injectors as well.

Huh?

The injectors were the faulty part. I walked into the 2011 knowing it would happen if it hadn't already.

Apparently as those injectors go they put a lot of wear on the rest of the system.

That is an absurd amount of money for injectors. No reason they should wear out either.

The injectors were not built to what they should have been.

Bad parts, or bad judgement on BMW.

Aaron, I'm sitting in Athleta waiting for the wife to try on some stuff....

Wrong club came on.

I wish I had some baby powder and my leather soles on. This joint brings me back to 5:30 am in Miami for WMC dancing all night.

Anyway... Thinking of you from the ladies dressing room.

:-D

So we went to the shooting range yesterday, company teambuilding. Now all the people in the office are experts in gun opinions. /idiots...

What did you shoot?

Steyr M9A1

Target was 20 feet out, 15 bullets total, it was my first time shooting:

osy1aq.jpg

Not bad for your first time.

Looks good bro.

Quit burning the steaks Mikey! My 14 yo daughter won't even eat over medium rare.

Why? It is not for flavor or moisture lol. I wouldn't even do that to hamburger. Pointless to eat a steak like that.

No i dont really like steak sauce, but I guess it seems odd to me to have a steak pink, or bloody. I tried tri tip the other day at a resteraunt and i asked for medium rare which is something i usually do not do, still a little pink, but was too chewy
Its not blood. The pink juice is water mixed with a protein that tints the water red.
You are really taking a chance ordering rare at most average restaurants. Most people cooking at restaurants are not properly trained. Think about it, how much is the cook making again? Oh yeah, around nine bucks an hour if they are good.
Yeah, the chance is likely that you will have to send it back because they cook the piss out of it anyways. As for safe, generally speaking you can eat it raw.

I meant medium well not medium rare

Huh?

The injectors were the faulty part. I walked into the 2011 knowing it would happen if it hadn't already.

Apparently as those injectors go they put a lot of wear on the rest of the system.

That is an absurd amount of money for injectors. No reason they should wear out either.

They were tested to spec...I know that for sure. Just wondering if their is an intrinsic design difficulty. Are the new ones different.

Then it was inedible...

As far as the caveat of weight balance I am sure BMW spent a whole look more on R&D on this than Honda. So again foot in mouth. biggrin.png

There is only ONE reason that FWD cars exist. They are cheaper to make. That is the exclusive reason.

Yup.

FWD is so much more problematic.

Huh?

They were tested to spec...I know that for sure. Just wondering if their is an intrinsic design difficulty. Are the new ones different.

Yes. They changed the design for 2012. It is really the only fault I could find with this new twin power V8 that were not anomalies and relatively rare.

I was nervous as all hell getting a first year body style.

CPO sold me on the car and I was hamstrung to the fact I NEEDED to buy one ASAP.

Aaron, I'm sitting in Athleta waiting for the wife to try on some stuff....

Wrong club came on.

I wish I had some baby powder and my leather soles on. This joint brings me back to 5:30 am in Miami for WMC dancing all night.

Anyway... Thinking of you from the ladies dressing room.

:-D

If I had a dollar for every time I have heard that...... ;)  Actually, at the moment, there is one massive reason why I should be in Miami right now.  No, it's not Ultra, which I would have loved to have gone.

Men often think of you whilst in the women's dressing room?

Men often think of you whilst in the women's dressing room?

Just people in general. ;)

Ultra is ok.

EDC is probably a much better time.

Also, the whole winter music conference was much better than Ultra. I don't think it's in SoBe anymore however...

Been a loooooong time.

It was just a little well done :D
Why? It is not for flavor or moisture lol. I wouldn't even do that to hamburger. Pointless to eat a steak like that.Bet you use steak sauce too, lol.
Then it was inedible...

The chance you're taking at most restaurants is that it is not cooked properly for the collagen to break down. Causing the steak to be chewy no matter how you order it.