Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Dude, I buy cars for less than your repair bill.

If they arent garbage how?

Have to be able to fix your own cars first, second is be ready to pounce with cash.  

Have to be able to fix your own cars first, second is be ready to pounce with cash.

One of the only reasons I miss living in Arizona. We could find cars and parts all day long cheaply. Flipped a few of them real quick, and real easy.

J

I can't remember the last time I had a car bill that large that had nothing to do with adding aftermarket parts.

ie, a repair bill. ...but the previous post made a way better segue.

Since this is the Hop, I shop outloud.

Options for the Truck are:

Roots: Eaton TVS-1900 (1.9L) in a Magnusson Kit $5800

Roots: Eaton TVS-2300 (2.3L) in a Magnusson Kit + Tune + Fuel if needed $6400

Roots: Eaton TVS-2300 in an SLP kit $6895

Roots: Eaton TVS-2300 in an Edelbrock E-force kit $6400

Twin Screw: Whipple 2.3L in a Whipple Kit $6500

TS: Whipple 2.9L kit for a Camaro. Add custom alt bracket, fuel system, intake $7050

TVS-1900 should be the snappiest from a dig if I stay stock. I am dumb enough to get this far in and not mod more...but should, really.

TVS-2300 and Whipple 2.3L should really be damn similar with a bonus to the TS at high boost.

Whipple 2.9L can support 800-850 when it is tapped out. Each of the smaller less.

For full links if you want, and so I log them:

SLP TVS-2300 Eaton Blower

2300 Eaton TVS complete kit $6895

http://www.slponline.com/product/92025A--2009-2013-Silverado-Sierra-SUV-62L-SLP-Supercharger-Package-520HP.html

Edelbrock E-force

TVS2300 based

CarId $ 5993.65 (no tune 15670)

CarID $ 6391.93 (with tune 1567) (($90 more on Summit))

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-1567

http://www.carid.com/edelbrock/e-force-supercharger-mpn-1567.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjw6OOoBRDP9uG4oqzUv7kBEiQA0sRYBAvsqUmnUnOlkO9ry2RZI4OJUhI3G9YV4kUVhG85a_YaAh7q8P8HAQ

Superchargeronline Magnuson TVS1900

$5940 List / $5800 Delivered (+800 for TVS 2300 with no tune). For TVS 1900 they will supply an HP Tuners tune file to upload

http://www.superchargersonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=506_1077_1453_1523&products_id=6328

Whipple (direct) 2.3L Complete

Whipple $6100 no tune ($6700 with handheld tuner)

https://whipplesuperchargers.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=21

Superchargeronline List $6700 / $6500 Delivered

http://www.superchargersonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=506_1077_1453_1454&products_id=6167

Whipple (direct) 2.9L –

Requires Alternator Bracket to be machined to move alt 2.5”, new injectors + fuel, Tune, & Air intake

$7050 in black (probably $200 cheaper at SCOnline)

Bracket options: http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/forced-induction-159/whipple-2-9l-truck-504543/page2/

There is supposedly a Vortech kit using the Lysholm as well, but I can't find it. Perhaps it is also the Camaro kit. All the Camaro components can be swapped over to the truck block but I'd also assume the same mods that you do to the Whipple 2.9L apply which make the 2.3L Lysholm moot. The 3.3 is cool and all but I really don't ever need more than the 2.9 can deliver.

A tuner here once was looking for a use Maggie for me. Told me he could make the Camaro ones fit easy as well. My guess is that it is the same mod for all of them.

Then there comes the choice of tuning and install.

How much of a deal on installation would a hot rod shop normally give if you buy the system from them? Obviously I'd rather just one day have it appear on my car hooked up and tuned....but won't pay a huge premium for that.

I do plan on using the rig to learn how to tune. Depending on the tuner I finally choose I'll grab EFI Live or HP Tuners and run it in the dash. Figure I'll have a base tune and how the truck responds, S/C tune and same, and then the final tune. Should give me 3 bases to compare to see what all has changed.

I can't remember the last time I had a car bill that large that had nothing to do with adding aftermarket parts.

The 550 was $5000 or so for injectors, and a replacement of most of the fuel system.

Thank you CPO.

Then the question is will I ever outgrow the 2.3L Whipple?

The 550 was $5000 or so for injectors, and a replacement of most of the fuel system.

Thank you CPO.

I wouldn't call CPO a bill, if so then my last car wins. Although that is nasty. Remind me of that the next time I shop for a BM'er. sad.png

Curious why they thought it'd shit injectors as well.

Maxed 1900 looks like this:

TVS1900 @ 14psi

11.43@118.54

AlkyControl Meth, 4" intake, Ported 90mm TB, 222/226 114+4, ARH 1 7/8", 4" Corsa Diesel cat-back, LC32 8-rib, FLT 4.5 4L80e - Yank PT2800 Multi-Disc that flashes 4200

Build thread if you are bored: http://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/projects-gallery-189/vortec350ss-2005-sierra-denali-build-boost-515983/

Kenny Bell that 'lac!

I forgot about Kenne Bell. Makes no truck kit but has a 2.8L TS for a camaro. Didn't go back since no truck. Re-added. Need to find a price, lol.

$6900 + fuel & tune or there abouts. Needs same mods as 2.9L whipple and is magically the same price.

My other problem is I basically trust Black Bear to do the tune more than anyone local. They support EVERY GM truck forum. Teamviewer into your truck and do it "live". Bonus would be I could record the session, lol.

Sort of thing the visibility of being public couldn't hurt. In particular when I have questions.

Downfall is they use EFILive. I want HP Tuners as they do Ford & GM.

Aargh, of course if I had to do all the mod bullshit maybe I should just turbo. FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU internet.

Curious why they thought it'd shit injectors as well.

Huh?

The injectors were the faulty part. I walked into the 2011 knowing it would happen if it hadn't already.

Apparently as those injectors go they put a lot of wear on the rest of the system.

$6900 + fuel & tune or there abouts. Needs same mods as 2.9L whipple and is magically the same price.

When I think Super charger I automatically just think KBell.

IMG_7219_1.jpg

IMG_7218.jpg

Stick welder ?

MIG

all summer long

e30 comes out of the garage saturday. buttlick.gif

Gonna act a hooligan all day?

I act hoolingan in the Miata all year long.