R3dt34rz

SSA/Crescendo Van Install from Japan

I'm out in Japan and have been working on a second install in my Toyota Voxy. It's been one heck of a challenge since I'm sourcing everything from back USA. Most of the Japanese run the big box brands like RF, Kenwood, Sony, etc. , so I decided to go with something different that will be in the end outstanding. The second challenge, is the vehicle of choice a Toyota Voxy. It's a mid sized van with good space for an install, but I had to do some mods to make the upgrades work like a bigger battery, etc.

Equipment:

Pioneer 9400BH

CDT front components with rear coax for fill

2 Xcon 15's

2 Crescendo BC2000Ds ( replaced a Hifonics 1700d)

1 MB Quart Onx4.125 (moving the planet audio out)

Excessive Amperage custom HO (current alt is 70a)

2 XS power D3400s

Knu Con wiring

New Dimensions /Stinger Volt meters

Custom Enclosure 8 cubes net 33hz

So here goes.

First the Stock Voxy

toyota_voxy_orig_zps9b692a2f.jpg

I got bored with it being the same as the others around so I put a set of used wheels (great deal at $300.00 for the set) and ordered some good ole vinyl wrap from Ebay.

IMG_0086_zps2e79e112.jpg

Not bad for balling on a budget

IMG_0095_zps3597a45c.jpg

Onto the audio history.

Initially I was just planning something easy, 15" Zstat sub in a prefab, Hifonics 1700D, Infinity Ref door speakers paired up with the Planet Audio 1600.4. I decided to rip that out and go for the CDTs which are paired up with the PA for now (Onx4.125on the way through Amazon). I decided to sell the Hifonics and go with the Crescendo 2K and it performs very well. It kills that Zstat so I had to adjust the gains way down. I really don't like the performance of that sub, so I decided to go Xcons after having a pair of Icons in my old BMW. The initial plan was to go a single Xcon 15 on the 2K, but the plans grew to dual Xcons strapped on two BC2ks @ 2 ohms for 4000 watts.

So here we go Pioneer 9400 in the dash

IMG_0093_zps1992d6e9.jpg

CDTs mounted

IMG_0094_zps3097aaf7.jpg

My new dimension voltmeter, good voltages since I did the big 3 and changed out the stock battery

IMG_0088_zpsab9e7c3b.jpg

I had to slightly mod the battery tray for the XS Power D3400 to fit. The initial battery was small as all heck. Hence I had to use a small piece of wood to help out the bracket. A pain the rear getting these batteries here, Crutchfield hooked me up with free shipping. Shout out to XS and CF.

IMG_0098_zps874a2241.jpg

Now the substage and wiring. I ordered about 35ft power/grnd from Knucon. They were able to ship to me no problems. Also got Toolmaker to hook me up with some battery terminals for both the front and rear batteries. I'm a neat freak and like my installs to look half way good.

So here we go........

Heres my 2K and PA mounted, I'm planning to move the 4 chan under the seat and mount the second 2K where that 4 channel is. Strap those bad boys together and hopefully it should pound like hell.

IMG_0096_zpseca28097.jpg

Got my second 2K in the mail,

IMG_0077_zps596844c8.jpg

I got these batt terminals on the way from TM, should see these next week.

IMG_0076_zps7e932924.jpg

Going to run these to clean up my BIG 3 install

IMG_0075_zpsad7ef715.jpg

Initially I had the chance to run 3/0 wire, that stuff is huge. Had a buddy out here in Japan running it in a BB.

IMG_0069_zps407b19a2.jpg

I went with the good stuff from KnuKon instead.

IMG_0091_zpsef9289b4.jpg

They have Popeye's in Japan? Learn something new everyday

So as of now I have one sub from SSA and am still waiting on the 2nd. I've been hitting Aaron up on a regular so the second should arrive soon. My fault for ordering them seperate as my initial plan did change.

So I will be going from the Zstat prefab setup

IMG_0089_zpsef96cd33.jpg

to this 8cu net 33 hz enclosure (cherry red kerf port) with dual Xcons. Can't wait to get the second. I had the enclosure built at Starr Mountain

IMG_0072_zpsdfd7b82f.jpg

Starr Mountain did and outstanding with this one for me

IMG_0061_zpsbb4ae7e7.jpg

IMG_0064_zpsb4d518ae.jpg

Wow, great work. Love the name, Voxy - like seriesly cute, I want to get one for my tween daughter.

As for the electrical I'm still waiting on a few things. I bought a second alternator from a parts broker out of Tokyo for around 60.00 I packed it up and it is enroute to Excessive Amperage as of yesterday. I reached out to DC, Ohio Gen, and a few others. Nate seemed really cool, so I'm hoping he can do something for me. I know that 70a alternator won't do the trick with something like this. I'm shooting for at least 200a-250a (if I'm lucky) so we will see.

alt1_zps67cca21b.jpg

So thats it for right now. Still waiting on more stuff to come in. New 4 chan amp, the second battery, terminals , HO alt and I should be good to go. Give me some input fellas, thanks.

Heck yea man, also have Chilis, Macoroni Grill, Red Lobster, Outback, Friday's, McDonalds, and a ton of other Western food spots.

Heck yea man, also have Chilis, Macoroni Grill, Red Lobster, Outback, Friday's, McDonalds, and a ton of other Western food spots.

looking good sir!!! welcome to ssa!!! I'll be hitting you up when I get my Japan trip finalized in 2014, so stick around .... lol

[

looking good sir!!! welcome to ssa!!! I'll be hitting you up when I get my Japan trip finalized in 2014, so stick around .... lol

Are you military or just coming for vacation?

[

Are you military or just coming for vacation?

Vacation..... Just need to figure out who I'll be taking with and then I'll map out the specifics of areas of interest

Looks really nice so far.

Great work. I love Japan. Be there again in April :)

You have access to all the cool Jap electronics and chose to import stuff? You are nuts!adhd.gif

Great work. I love Japan. Be there again in April :)/>

Yea man hit me up if you're out here.

You have access to all the cool Jap electronics and chose to import stuff? You are nuts!adhd.gif

Yea man if you need anything let me know.

I love seeing the vehicles offered in other countries, thanks for sharing!!!!

Also, it says "Louisiana" on the cup, if you ever come to the states and want some real Louisiana food. Feel free to stop on by my house. Lol. I got a great little cook that lives with me that I call my girlfriend. Haha

Sweet build you have going!

Very nice.

That mini van will be loud !!

You seem to have good deals on shipping :) You're lucky

Alright been working at this the last the three days. Still got some small things to do like install my rear batteries. Long story short ordered XS power through Cruthfield with free shipping on the 8th and they still have yet to arrive. Said screw the wait and ordered directly through Amazon and they should be here end of the week. I was able to get my wires ran, ended up running 2 sets of 0 awg. Was a tad bit short on the knu wire so I ordered some more. Once I get the batteries installed I will the excess wires in the batt box and move the Toolmaker terminals to the batteries. I have to give credit to my buddy in Japan Maki-san for putting the battery box and amp board together. I'm getting ready for a trip to Korea so I will finish up everything once I get back. Hoping my second Xcon will show up soon.