probillygun

Beware! Skar Audio poor customer service

you should have to "troll" a companies social media page to get results for sure...... thats not weird or odd or piss poor at all....

infact i find thats the best way to do anything in life...

are you fucking kidding me?

Lol so you all model subs but never test em in real life but can conclude they are crap lol by using "false" parameters. So all car audio/electronics companies always post 100% correct t/s parameters? And no i don't have pico fuse problems, i don't use pioneer headunits

I LOVE this guy! He's the poster child for stupidity! Kevin loves him too. More money for him.

Yeah frostedflake I checked it out

I have a great idea though, how about some of you approach Kevin and ask him to hire ya'll?

Clearly you all are extremely meticulous about T/S parameters and modelling etc, and he's obviously better than some of you at business because he is probably a millionaire at age 22? (stand to be corrected). This is how mega-conglomerates are made by forming partnerships and blending certain skills together, it's the perfect opportunity here guys.

Yeah?

Lol so you all model subs but never test em in real life but can conclude they are crap lol by using "false" parameters.

I see not only do you not understand audio, but you have reading comprehension problems as well. Measuring is simple and straightforward. So is modeling. I guess I shouldn't be surprised the bandwagon doesn't understand it when Kevin himself can't manage to either. Sounds like exactly the guy I want designing my stereo stuff which would be even better if I let his cronies do the building. It'll be sweet.

OP it sucks you can't get a reply man, i'm suprised the xmax isn't listed. Again i'm not defending i just like factual discussions Maybe next time buy equipment where specs are clearly stated so that your needs can be met? Troll him on is facebook group, anywhere he posts ask him the question. Did you try on the skar forum also?

If you read my post, you'll know that my needs were met when I initialy bought the VVX 15s which I also stated in the recent email I was satisfied with. Back in 2011 before I bought the VVX 15s I have over a dozen Emails of Kevin and I going back and fourth with questions and answers. So based on that experience when it came time for another system design I sought Skar and Kevin out. The problem is since that time obviously Skar audio has gone downhill with support because there is ZERO support. If I'm emailing the support addy and calling the # listed why should I have to "troll" anywhere else at all!? I don't have a facebook account (and never will) or any socail media, as I choose and dont want that level of invasion of my privacy so, no thanks.

I was contacting them recently for a new system design and the Skar website has ungone changes including lack of specs.... so has the support level changed....Whis is none! Not sure how I make this any clearer for you. Skar is awful customer support. so buyer beware! again, the end.

Clearly you all are extremely meticulous about T/S parameters and modelling etc,

If by "extremely meticulous" you mean we expect T/S parameters (which describe the behavior of the loudspeaker) to be reasonably accurate so that we can actually use them for their intended purpose, which is to accurately predict the behavior of the loudspeaker and just as importantly predict the behavior of the loudspeaker in a given enclosure......then yes, I guess we are "extremely meticulous". When you release T/S parameters that not only lack mathematical consistency but are also completely illogical then yes, that's sort of a big deal considering the purpose of the T/S parameters and the simplicity involved in accurately measuring them with today's technology. If you don't understand their use, the usefulness behind being able to accurately model a loudspeaker and understand it's behavior through the use of T/S parameters......then you are missing out on a pretty important part of the subject.

ok guys... i went to talk to kevin today.. and i found out what is really going on....

turns out its not his fault.........

computer are very confusing !

kevin1_zps58941573.jpg

but he did want me to tell you HE GOT YOUR MONEY!!!

kevin2_zps16e554b3.jpg

Oh....sorry bout that. I guess Skar makes hu's now too.

Lol so you all model subs but never test em in real life but can conclude they are crap lol by using "false" parameters. So all car audio/electronics companies always post 100% correct t/s parameters? And no i don't have pico fuse problems, i don't use pioneer headunits

ok guys... i went to talk to kevin today.. and i found out what is really going on.... turns out its not his fault......... computer are very confusing ! kevin1_zps58941573.jpg but he did want me to tell you HE GOT YOUR MONEY!!! kevin2_zps16e554b3.jpg

And that's wazzup

brb counting millions

so it is you :D

No, HE's the monkey.

i honestly think that it is a group vote that if this is in fact Kevin that he should be banned. everybody already thinks he should be removed from the boards, but after making up a fake name and going through all of this. . . . . . . .

If you turn a blind eye to this kind of feedback, or pose under an assumed name, don't expect to be a name for very much longer. He may not care, I could give a shit it's not my money, and if people continue to be dissatisfied he won't be counting anything but debt collection calls. Way to run a business and conduct yourself in a public light.

stupid.gif

tell us why :)

Gotta love the anti-modeling argument. Always with those who have no idea and mis-use everything.

Any idea how ANYTHING these days is engineered? I'll give you one wild guess. It shouldn't be hard.

It's absolutely typical for somebody who sells and has not got a single clue on how things actually work. I see it daily with the local DD dealer. "T/S params are worthless, we can recommend a box and the only way to get a box for DD's right is to test several boxes".

Then they flash around their results (which were obtained with only one model speaker through countless boxes) and thus they are right. Which is completely off, they still have no clue on what T/S params mean and how to model a speaker.

Edited by Adrian 3.0

It shouldn't really have taken 20 seconds to say, they model it. That is how your car is designed, the motherboard in your pc, your phone, your HVAC, pretty much everything you own. Guess what step two is? Build it and test to see if it matches the model. Sound familiar? Even in the 60's they modeled, just couldn't do it on a computer and had to do the calculation by hand. If you prefer you can migrate back to the technology of the 40's and arbitrarily build something and claim success. Just be rather backwoods if you ask me.

Of course, guess whose stuff is not modeled? Guess who doesn't understand models? Guess who doesn't even know what to do once the prototype is built? Add to that a wretched customer service history and again let's all get in line to support this guy. Seriously wtf? Are you that blind?

No, ur wrong, when a new plane is designed, somebody draws it on a piece of paper, then mindless workers try and try hundreds of versions until they get lucky and one flies.

Lol so you all model subs but never test em in real life

Because we don't need to. Just like I don't need to drive a dodge caravan to know it's not going to be fast. Why do I know that? Because I can look at the drive train specifications of the vehicle.

"false" parameters.

Did you or did you not click on the links i posted? Are you just choosing to ignore facts that prove Kevin incompetent? When he gets called out on parameters it's because they are physically impossible. Do you understand that? Not too good for Skar, but too good for science. Do you understand why he would do that? Because he understands that the real specifications are unimpressive, but doesn't understand enough to even make them seem better without defying physics. Screw all the other deceit, that alone should be plenty to convince you. And it's recent; within the past 6 months.

I'm done feeding the troll. Whether you're too proud, ignorant, or amused to admit it, the logic is there.

He's just defending his brand and covering up his lack of knowledge. Pretty soon some of his friends will come posting that he is actually extremely knowledgeable, in fact even smarter than the whole board combined. That's why he says modeling speakers is useless.

Ok, and he's going to say theory doesn't apply in practice.

Where's the evidence?

Anyone can post a pic of some crappy box and say Kevin made it. So now every lame box that appears on the webz would have been made by Kevin?

Kevin makes clear as day threads list b-stock items, how we don't know those guys actually ordered b-stock items and claiming otherwise?

Do we really believe everything posted on the internet so easily?

i_want_to_be_leaf.jpg

How about you make like a tree and leave?

Being devil's advocate again, I'm looking at "parameters" posted by JL Audio as per their website and spec sheet and the T/S parameters seem to be very limited. They haven't listed everything.

Are they a scam too?

Aware me cuz i'm thinking about buying a 12W3v3 but would like someone to model it for me first.

edit - double post

thirdworld interwebz

Edited by pioneer

Being devil's advocate again, I'm looking at "parameters" posted by JL Audio as per their website and spec sheet and the T/S parameters seem to be very limited. They haven't listed everything.

Are they a scam too?

Aware me cuz i'm thinking about buying a 12W3v3 but would like someone to model it for me first.

They list everything necessary to model their speakers. For example, here is a super quick plot of the speaker in the Jl recommended enclosure. And they aren't a scam because they aren't lying to their customers.

Next attempt?

jlw3_zps8935f3a4.png

Nah i'm serious

Need a sub that uses the smallest ported box ever, ARC12 would have been great but the local dealer here is also a con artist.

Nah i'm serious

Then make a new thread. This has nothing to do with Skar Audio customer service.