Sign in to follow this  
rowdyful7

if you got to pick

this is not for debating or anything im just curious and want to know everyones opinions if you got to pick a single sub setup and had the room for one 18 and the amp to power it what would you go with?eek5wavey.gif

depends on where it's going.. I'm assuming a trunk..  IF so, ehh.. i hate trunks so i dont know.

If a hatchback.. still debatable based on firing direction.

ah, there we go.

i'm an SPL fiend.. 

so when you say sub AND amp to power it.. that tells me budget is whatever.. 

In that case, if you just wanted straight crazy SPL, i'd go with Fi's new Team Fi sub if they ever get it on the website.. 

Otherwise, i'd go with the SSA Evil.

The Evil will not sacrifice a nice musical experience with SPL either.  that's a bonus for the Evil.

I would probably go with an Evil since all the reviews say how musical and nice sounding they are. Ohh and they'll get loud lol

Well, they are also revising the SMD too to even greater thermal ability.. 

Maybe you should wait until that happens and see what you think about it.

A crew cab with the back seat out and only one sub is like a strip club, you like whats going on but in the end you just get bored with it.

If you can only afford to do one really nice sub then instead do 3 or 4 decent subs and really get the experience. I would rather do a wall with Icons or SSD's than one SMD sub. 

yeah ive been meaning to ask about that when is the smd v2 coming out?

yeah im in a nissan frontier so 1 18 like the smd would fill it up or 2 decent 18s walled would be my options

Evil 18 on a crescendo 5500.. But I really like my single z on bx3500 so i stick with the z

i have a Zcon 15 ill sell chhhhheeeeaapapp

if you had 3 i would be all over it but i kind of want to do a wall

How much space and power do you have? I'm assuming somewhere around 3k since you were talking about an s m d. I would do more cone area if you have the room.

i forgot exactly how much space i can do around 15ish cubes and i sold all my system (fi bl 18 & 3000 watt zeus) except my head unit a few months ago and now im starting back from scratch

fi sp4 or ssa evil on a 5500 or an ns-1...... i have an sp4 on 1500w and even on that low power it gets down and is pretty musical

lol

I would pick up that used ZCON of course. Used price is always better. bigjon isn't a retard so I'm sure it hasn't been abused. Personally I always love a good opportunity when it arises!

i thought he maybe closer .. thats why i brought it up.. but hes damn near in LA

single sub limitation, i'd have to go for one of the big boys: in no particular order, SSA Evil, DC level 5 or 6, Sundown zv4, IA Warden,. maybe some AQ hdc3 or 4 action or the AB equivalent. and if i felt really spend i'd consider a DD Z

im so confused how i see alot of people suggesting a sub that 1 is not even out... 2 they have NO clue how it will perform or even hold up.....

not calling you out.. but i have seen ALOT of people suggesting the Zv4.. and they are clue less

and the DDZ is a shit sub for music.  infact its the oposit of what the sub is designed for

Edited by bigjon

DDz may be considred shit for music, doesn't mean I wouldn't wanna play with one if i had the money to just blow.

Same with the Zv4. I don't need to know what it's gonna do to want to see what I can make it do.

im so confused how i see alot of people suggesting a sub that 1 is not even out... 2 they have NO clue how it will perform or even hold up.....

not calling you out.. but i have seen ALOT of people suggesting the Zv4.. and they are clue less

Welcome to the world of internet forum boners.  This is the way it's always been, and the way it will always be.