CBFryman

Started...

Picture319-1.jpg

that isn't actually his baffle

No, Going dual (I may step it up to three) layred baffle and thre layred back.

This project is deemed Project SSA.

Why? All products are from companies on this forum.

Will go boom like so.

i would have said it was a dance floor.

The baffle doesn't need to be that big do it?

Why do you need that much, why not just learn how to brace?

Why do you need that much, why not just learn how to brace?

Can never be too stiff...and I know how to brace, thank you.

what equipment are you going to run, i want to know!!!!

I geuss I'll let it out to you guys. Keep the CA.com's annoyed.

MD2 and a Mag 15. :OhYeah:

I don't think a thick baffle is overkill. You guys have seen my glass box. I am thinking about building a set of speaks with a baffle like this and it is only for an 8" -- in my case Rs225.

Panel3SS.jpg

And it will be braced to hell as well.

Can never be too stiff...

Kinky :fing34::)

You know it. :lickscreen:

In regaurds to your first statement . I have seen a vehicle or two where stiffening the enclosure has hurt spl numbers. They were putting up higher numbers with the flex than with out :)

a flexing baffle is never a good thing.

a flexing baffle is never a good thing.

oh, young grasshopper..how you smite the wise ramos...lol..

but you are indeed wrong, in certain cases. liek ramos, i have seen several competitors gain several db, not jsut tenths, by going with a single, almost unbraced baffle. it's all in setup...

you have many things to learn yet, one of which is that testing is the answer to all your dilemmas. one of which is that, like the old cliche goes, sometimes too much of a good thing is far worse then not enough.

like ngsm mentioned..test little one...then build for keeps....

and never, never, never, NEVER (did i say never yet?) doubt ramos...he'll forget more then you'll ever learn, and i'll wager on that.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Easy now , no need to go that far . Just wanted the youngun to know I have seen big time world champion db drag competitors loose db's with too much bracing. Strange , and theoretically shouldn't happen. But it does. If your serious into competeing, there is no replacement for testing in your vehicle you intend to compete with, and your equipment. Others with similar vehicles can tell you where to start. But you won't make any gain without testing :)

Indeed, in fact I would argue that you should tune your baffle to a frequency close to the standing wave frequency of your vehicle. You could easily turn your 12" sub into a (insert baffle size here) sub since the whole thing will radiate, and if you tune it right it will radiate in phase. Feasibly you could gain lots of deebeez doing this. For SQ your statement stands, resonances are bad. If I had any intention of running SPL I would tune my box as stated, the only hard part is measuring the response to make sure you are right on...luckily that is what I do for a living.

that was being easy on him..lol...he's way too young and inexperienced to make some of the bold statements he does...especially without his own testing to back up what he says...

i'll put it this way.....i know of an enclosure that is constantly slammed with 10kwrms +...holds a pair of 50 plus pound subs....all single thickness..and he's a multitime world champ....but then again, he tests every chance he gets...

i'll even go so far as to offer some of the advice i've heard him offer....

unless your going wall, ie: one real large piece of wooden realestate, double, triple baffle isn't going to help as much as you think. especially when you need all the airspace you can get and stay under a windowline.

but again, what does he know? he only does mid 50's with a pair of tens....lol

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: