cjosisek90

Is Fi really all that bad?

pissonfi2sf4.gif

Found this from several peoples signatures from various car audio forums.

Either its a joke or they straight up dislike Fi.

It probably goes more along the lines of people disliking forum boners.

But to cap that off, Fi isn't like a typical forum boner where the product is cheap and performs ehhhh ok.

Start looking around at world finalists and see how many of them are running Fi Products. Trophy's speak for themselves in this hobby.

I wonder what would be the reason people have for hating Fi?

Products are great quality. Scott and the crew have a great reputation of not only making good products but also offering awesome customer service. I cant say I have ever even seen a thread bashing their customer service. Well.... except the occasional, "Scott, I emailed you 25 mins ago. Where are my woofers!" :lol:

if i were to have to pick anything bad about Fi, i would say the lack of a phone number.

Regardless of the reason, a contact number that actually is available when it says it is speaks for itself.

There are times i see on here where people can't get in touch with who they need to and the thing about it is it's not going to be a news flash every time someone leaves to go on vacation or something like that so the customer is left wondering what's going on.

Besides that, i don't know of anything else.

if i were to have to pick anything bad about Fi, i would say the lack of a phone number.

Regardless of the reason, a contact number that actually is available when it says it is speaks for itself.

There are times i see on here where people can't get in touch with who they need to and the thing about it is it's not going to be a news flash every time someone leaves to go on vacation or something like that so the customer is left wondering what's going on.

Besides that, i don't know of anything else.

ya thats true but honestly a phone number wont really help that. nick doesnt live in LV and scott has alot of work he needs to get done... From working at a stereo shop that everyone and thier mom wants to talk to the owner and no one else. Ive seen days where my boss cant get anything done because people wont leave him alone persay. I dont think scott has the time to be a secretary if we expect him to continue to do R&D and keep improving the line which he has been doing very well. In the end people really need to realize no one needs anything to stay alive so an extra few days or so isnt hurting anyone. And to all you competitors its not really scotts issue that such and such needs to get out by such date so u can make a show. Im guilty of doing that to scott myself and even thou i did get my product by said date and did awesome at the comp i had what 2 months from the last one to get things together and i didnt do so. LOL so i think fi should stay exactly how it is and if people want to cry about such and such look at all the other manufacts. I guarantee if i asked DD to get me a woofer by such date they would laugh and say wait in line ull recieve it when u recieve it. All good product takes time

I don't see how a phone number where you'd leave a voicemail is better than a forum. Of course someone will point out that somethings don't get answered, but pretty much 99% of the time that is because it is a bad question and wouldn't get answered well on the phone either. A little reSearch (pun intended) goes along way to minimize all of those issues and the answers you get on here from really good questions are great.

Every time I see that in a signature, its always someone who runs DD. So I've always just assumed it meant DD>Fi (in their opinions)

I agree with this 100%.

i love my fi's

Fi > DD !!

How 'bout them apples? ;)

i love my fi's

Couldn't have said it better myself

I generally see it as non-Fi fanboy-ism.

Not sure if they genuinely dislike Fi products, or have even owned them or are qualified to give and opinion, but like johnecon said they simply dislike forum boners.

Every time I see that in a signature, its always someone who runs DD. So I've always just assumed it meant DD>Fi (in their opinions)

Yups.. *Shakes head* I've seen it too.

Jealousy is a powerful thing... I've read somewhere someone said they did it just because it is so popular...

silly if you ask me but hey.. if someone took the time to make that then Fi is doing their job right.... making people so mad they gotta resort to little things like that... I'm glad DD guys need to dis Fi that way.. instead of letting the sub do the dissing they need to have a cartoon do it...

Edited by theabunai

pissonfi2sf4.gif

Which forum did you find that avatar at?

I first saw it on our UK Talkaudio forum.. I was uber suprised. Especially since certain individuals have never seen let alone heard an Fi product.

There will always be haters.. I just call em jealous ;)

pissonfi2sf4.gif

Which forum did you find that avatar at?

I first saw it on our UK Talkaudio forum.. I was uber suprised. Especially since certain individuals have never seen let alone heard an Fi product.

There will always be haters.. I just call em jealous ;)

yeh i agree. I see this pic in people's sig on soundpressure(DD's forum) all the time.

I forget what i was looking up, actually it was something about nsb90 batteries. and it brought me there to soundpressure.com and another one was talkaudio.com... Both you guys were right on the forums. But i personally have no problems with anyone on Fi or SSA. Both great companies. Keep up the excellent work and forget them DDumbasses.

pissonfi2sf4.gif

how do you like this one :)

pissondd2sf42qr9.gif

pissondd2sf42qr9.4b9bec75fa.jpg

pissonfi2sf4.gif

how do you like this one :)

pissondd2sf42qr9.gif

pissondd2sf42qr9.4b9bec75fa.jpg

Haha nice, was thinking about that but never got around to it, "high school" and work....

heh..

those guys make me laugh.

they are the kind of people who cant afford this great product and they enjoy buying 40 woofers

It was the same a few years back with RE, it seems that when there's a sub brand out there that is making new products which perform really well some people just can't handle it. When DD was being brought onto this country those that ran it were fiercly loyal to it. I remember one guy numerous times saying how the SX was equivalent to about a 2500 from DD, the strange thing was he beat me by 1db with his 6kw of power onto 2 9512 and I had 2.4kw onto 1 SX12 lol.

So in my long winded way the way I see it is they are intimidated by a brand that can easily match or outdo DD

Galen, is that you? Getting new office set up with international lines so I can chat :)