Mark LaFountain

The "X"con 12" prototype has arrived

what the hell mark with 18s cant cant let him get away from his legendary 15s he is known for around here.

plus ever since iv known him he has always had 15's

i guess if it fits put them in and let them wang hard

Ok, Mark will have the 15's and you the 18's. :P

When the production models are a little closer, I will release the T/S parameters.

i like the sounds of this driver

just imagine somewhere in the 150db range at 20hz.............

DO IT!!! I cant even imagine what that sounds like!

I doubt anyone can imagine considering you can't hear 20 htz :P

i can feel 20Hz...

does that count?

i can feel 20Hz...

does that count?

Lol. I bet it wouldn't matter if one could hear 20 Hz at 150 dB... It'd be so incredible anyway. Ha.

Any idea when the sub will be ready to purchase? If so how much and would 2.4 cubes net be sufficient for the 12? I was wondering when the sub comes out will you guys be offering a combo deal to purchase? Maybe the Sundown 1500D and the X con together...

Any idea when the sub will be ready to purchase? If so how much and would 2.4 cubes net be sufficient for the 12? I was wondering when the sub comes out will you guys be offering a combo deal to purchase? Maybe the Sundown 1500D and the X con together...

We do not want to give out a date because there is always delays or something comes up. When we have a concrete date from the build house, Mark or I will give a heads up with the info.

2.4 is plenty for ported for a 12. I have not tested a ported box for it that large yet, but I might try to soon, and I will have box sizing ready when we are close to release. We will probably offer a combo with the Xcon, much like we already do with the Icon.

well Steve Meade got a small chance to listen to this sub today, hopefully he'll chime in ..in the next few days after he gets back home and comments on what he thought of it. Basically the more I listen to it the more I want to get three more and terrorize some tracks with them. They sound incredible to me.

I was curious on what steve meade had to say about this sub? I looked but couldn't find anything.

well Steve Meade got a small chance to listen to this sub today, hopefully he'll chime in ..in the next few days after he gets back home and comments on what he thought of it. Basically the more I listen to it the more I want to get three more and terrorize some tracks with them. They sound incredible to me.

I was curious on what steve meade had to say about this sub? I looked but couldn't find anything.

don't think he's had time to even see this topic on this site. soon enough, you'll see plenty of reviews on it though.

I can't wait till the Xcons are available........

I got the Crown A3000gti amp today......it has enough juice to launch the Icon cones right

out of the basket if you want it to.....

this thing isn't an amp...it's a mini sized reactor...just sick

I can't wait till the Xcons are available........

I got the Crown A3000gti amp today......it has enough juice to launch the Icon cones right

out of the basket if you want it to.....

this thing isn't an amp...it's a mini sized reactor...just sick

Could probably power a small house in the mid-west hehe

Sounds like the new model will be a winner.

I might as well close up shop now...

Haha, yeah right. We need to get the Icon's and IXL's out there, the big names are every where. :(

Haha, yeah right. We need to get the Icon's and IXL's out there, the big names are every where. :(

I don't understand the disperity between Fi sales and the Icon or IXL. The average IQ of the users of the M5 or SSA drivers seems to be WAY higher though.

I believe people are afraid to venture into the unknown. JL became huge because of this imo. everytime I ask somebody on the street to name a sub company, the first thing that comes to them is JL.

So do you have a date that they might be coming out to THE public

its diffidently a sub worth gettin in to

I don't understand the disperity between Fi sales and the Icon or IXL. The average IQ of the users of the M5 or SSA drivers seems to be WAY higher though.

The Fi brand exploded across the net very fast. And I am sure the SMD factor on YouTube helped a good deal.

So do you have a date that they might be coming out to THE public

its diffidently a sub worth gettin in to

At this point, it is still too early to give a date. Would rather wait until the production is ready to go.

first off JL is well known, but for the price point its a rip off!

People are scared to leave the beatin path and venture towards stuff that is either new, or unheard of, and just not out in the eye alot.

I think if gvin the propr reps, and dists SSA could do extremely well, I think here in Sask they woul do well, as there are alot of ppl here with deep pockets, and I dont know the prices of SSA gear, but I am sure alot more competitive then JL! B.C would do good for it aswell, but would need a person properly distributing the producT!

first off JL is well known, but for the price point its a rip off!

People are scared to leave the beatin path and venture towards stuff that is either new, or unheard of, and just not out in the eye alot.

I think if gvin the propr reps, and dists SSA could do extremely well, I think here in Sask they woul do well, as there are alot of ppl here with deep pockets, and I dont know the prices of SSA gear, but I am sure alot more competitive then JL! B.C would do good for it aswell, but would need a person properly distributing the producT!

I'm not a fan of the price vs performance vs reliability of JL W7 subs

as far as the SSA subs go.......un real for the $$$ and very reliable

the Icons are available in Canada along with new products when released :D

I'm not a fan of the price vs performance vs reliability of JL W7 subs

as far as the SSA subs go.......un real for the $$$ and very reliable

the Icons are available in Canada along with new products when released :D

Hey trev I wasnt sayin you wasn't pushin em LOL I know you can get loaded boxes out you place.... I meant aint no stores carrying them... I checked out the Icons when at you place, they look like a fairly decent woofer, I havent gotten the luxory uf puttin it to the test of me yet, maybe I will pick-up a 15" dual 1ohm oneday and see how she does im my DD box, on the mic... Motor structue looks alot smaller then my DD however its apples and oranges... They seem decent though.

Trevor an u pm me a price on a 15" dual 1 please?

Thanks

Kevin

Any updates on this woofer? Mounting depth on the 12?

Any updates on this woofer? Mounting depth on the 12?

Still awaiting the first production run.