mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

About to snap at the Dell CS guy on the line right now. His accient is so thick and it took 6 times for me to repeat the service tag for him to get it correct. The communication barrier is horrible. All I want is the system restore disk that never came with my mothers computer. 3 times when I said "Z as in Zebra" he read it back to me as "V as in Victor". :madsign::Doh:

Customer Service seems to be a bunch of fags this week.

Between Kyle at 'DC Power' talking to me like I was 10 and this is my first week on the planet, ALL the way to the D-bags at 'ATimeMachine' telling me my CC address and my mailing address don't match. :suicide-santa:

:puzzled:

I have a 25' 1080p monitor and love it, everything looks so sharp.

I can't imagine only 1080p on a 25 foot monitor. That must look like shit if you are anywhere near it ;P

Go big or go home.

:P

Reminds me of the moon rover. Do the math in feet, program rocket in meters.

:D

Measure with a micrometer, cut with a sawzall :D

Measure with a micrometer, mark with a piece of chalk, cut with an axe, much much better results :D

I haven't purchased a game in a long time but I'm picking up Halo tonight.

Halo is awesome. Pure win, even in singleplayer.

Haven't tried Halo 2 and 3, my machine is too slow.

About to snap at the Dell CS guy on the line right now. His accient is so thick and it took 6 times for me to repeat the service tag for him to get it correct. The communication barrier is horrible. All I want is the system restore disk that never came with my mothers computer. 3 times when I said "Z as in Zebra" he read it back to me as "V as in Victor". :madsign::Doh:

Customer Service seems to be a bunch of fags this week.

Between Kyle at 'DC Power' talking to me like I was 10 and this is my first week on the planet, ALL the way to the D-bags at 'ATimeMachine' telling me my CC address and my mailing address don't match. :suicide-santa:

:puzzled:

Installed my alternator 6 months ago and had no complaints. I praise DC Power any and every chance I get.

Belt started sqeaking about 2 weeks ago so I check the belt and the case was broke around the mounting ear. No Problem, I understand things break. I just need the thing fixed. I didn't really even expect the warrarty to cover the problem.

SO I call DC Power on the phone and Say " I need my alternator serviced" . Kyle asks "whats wrong with it?" I tell him "the case is broke around the mounting ear" The VERY next words out of his mouth where "YOU BROKE IT INSTALLING IT, it will cost 100+ shipping for the case and bearings" Then tells me because of how thier case is manufactured that it DOES NOT CRACK, will only break. SO at this point I start wondering how I broke the case 6 months ago and it only seperated now? SO I ask, and once again get talked to like I was 10.

Anyways, he proceeds to tell me that he had a customer the other day that had broke the pivoting ear apon install due to tourquing the pivoting bolt before tightening the belt. WELL I AM NOT THE DILDO FROM THE OTHER DAY. I am a guy that was raised in a diesel mechanics shop my father owned and I put in serious time working on automoblies.

I DON'T mind paying to get my alternator fixed, and am NOT trying to shit on DC Power. I HONESTLY just want it fixed right and not hastefully cause they think I am ignorant. (which is how I was treated)

Anyways I am just sounding off about CS, 'ATimeMachine' is a whole nother story. instead of changing the mailing address I had given them, the wanted me to call my CC company and change it with them. COME ON GUYS my card has had the same address for 10 yrs. BTW it was because I entered "#" instead of "Trlr". FUCKING DILDOS obviously are doing good enough that they DIDN'T need my money.

Not wanting to jump into traffic now. :(

Ryan 2… SO I got to putz around with the .308 version of the savage big boy .338 lapua.

It is so unballanced it's insane. I don't even want to think about the 110 BA anymore. I also did get to play with a sako TRG in .338 Lap. Even though it’s not THAT much lighter it’s 2 times the rifle. I’m not paying 3k for a rifle though.

I’m thinking about one of the savage in .330 Win mag. Would you go that route or something else from sako or Remington? I do want something with a brake on it for longer shooting sessions and a 26 inch barrel but neither seam to exist really. It’s all 24 inchers. The M24 sniper from Remington is only 24 inches too I guess so I’m not sure it would really matter.

What would you do if you wanted something in .300 win mag R2?

For the rifle you want, you are going to be dropping some coin.

You might try seeing if you can find any local gunsmiths who build long range rifles and seeing what they can cook up for you. Get something you want the first time. A Rem 700 action sent off to a smith for a Lija barrel, tune up the action, bed in a new stock, some nice glass on top with turrents in a mil/mil reticle, a LRF and you'll be good to go.

I've found it's a spendy adventure. I'm more than positive a stock sako/tika, Savage, or remington will outshoot me. I'll check local places too.

I think I like the Mark 4 4.5-14x50mm from leopold for optics. It looks to be a reasonable price, first focal plane optics, good reputation, and again... price for what you get it looks to be good.

Sure, it may outshoot you, but that isn't what you want. :P

I don't think I would ever get my crotch that close to a saw blade.

soo. I set up a network printer on the Ubuntu side and it takes 5 mins and I'm up and printing. Of course on the XP side I've been at it for 10min and haven't made any progress...

If anybody wants to make their own mask this year. Allen is a good friend and enjoys sharing his knowledge.

Halo Reach is awesome. Played it for a couple hours last night.

soo. I set up a network printer on the Ubuntu side and it takes 5 mins and I'm up and printing. Of course on the XP side I've been at it for 10min and haven't made any progress...

Linux > All :lol:

Linux > All :lol:

It was faster for me to shut down, boot Ubuntu, print, shut down, reboot Windows

M5 is an engineer? What kind?

Physicist actually, focus in Acoustics. Work in the field of NVH Engineering & Structural Dynamics.

physicists.png

Doh! Nice timing fucker. :P

I haven't purchased a game in a long time but I'm picking up Halo tonight.

I still have FIFA 2010 in the wrapper, it is the only game I have that is for the PS3. :(

My friend was trying hard to get me to buy a PS3 this weekend. I just couldn't justify the cost since I only play video games once every 2-3 weeks maybe, and I'm happy enough with my PS2. Still have games that I got for Xmas last year for it that I haven't played yet.

Neighbor's dog has been barking for 30 minutes now. So annoying. It's ruining my cool air night with windows open. How the F can an owner allow that to go on? Where is your conscious saying hey, my dog is loud as f*ck, I should corral him?

I'm guessing my dura tracs are US made, but I have NO idea.

As far as I know all Goodyear tires are made in USA.

After further research, it appears Goodyear has facilities in around 28 countries. However, tires made in those countries are intended for those areas. I believe you should feel safe that your tires are made in the USA.

My computer decided to crash this weekend. I was incredibly lucky that my computer-oriented friend from my hometown was visiting, because he figured out the problem. I was just surfing the web Sunday morning when out of nowhere I get a blue screen. I shut down and try to restart, and it doesn't. It powers on but doesn't output anything to the monitor or load anything, and just gives 4 beeps repeatedly. Unbeknownst to me, this is the computer telling you what's wrong with it. He looked up the code and I think it was cache error or something like that. We opened up the case to inspect and he thought it may be the RAM. Pulled out the 4 sticks equaling 3 GB and tried starting it, and it gave a different code which meant no ram or something. Obviously. So it appeared the RAM was the culprit. He started putting in one stick at a time to find out which one was bad, and found out the two 512 MB sticks were the lousy ones. Turns out they're a different make and model than the 1 GB sticks, and he says of much lesser quality. Thanks, Dell, that makes a lot of sense. So now I'm just running with 2 GB or ram instead of 3. Don't really notice a difference yet, though I haven't done anything too strenuous. Might order some new 512 MB sticks from Newegg before long.

When it first happened I was so pissed off, I've only owned this for 15 months and of course my warranty was only for 12 months. At first he scared me and said it could be the motherboard, in which case I may as well get a new computer. I'da really been pissed then. But I was really lucky he was here since I'm no computer genius and would have had to take it to Best Buy, where they probably would have charged me $100 and told me to get a new motherboard or something.

Neighbor's dog has been barking for 30 minutes now. So annoying. It's ruining my cool air night with windows open. How the F can an owner allow that to go on? Where is your conscious saying hey, my dog is loud as f*ck, I should corral him?

Knock on the door and in the calmest, most polite way possible tell them to make their dog STFU.

I know most areas in Texas with noise ordinances only start handing out tickets for dog barking after the second or third incidence :shrug:

If anybody wants to make their own mask this year. Allen is a good friend and enjoys sharing his knowledge.

that's awesome! I wanna make my own mask!

Knock on the door and in the calmest, most polite way possible tell them to make their dog STFU.

I know most areas in Texas with noise ordinances only start handing out tickets for dog barking after the second or third incidence :shrug:

I don't think anybody was home, and that's why the dog was barking. I heard somebody knock on a door but not sure if it was his or not. Didn't hear any dialogue so maybe they didn't find anybody.