mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

1st :) drink is made!

I haven't had a drink in at least 2 months. Damn school :lol:

Better to get good grades than a good buzzzz.

May be getting one of these, need opinions from you bikers on here

http://www.gpsportsonline.com/m_vehicledetail.asp?veh=206665

#1, do NOT buy it new unless you have money to waste. You can get one less than a year old for under $3K.

#2, I don't know your riding experience, but aside from a moped, I have ZERO. I know a LOT of people who ride and I was looking into the 250 Ninjas myself and everyone told me not to wast my money. You may find it easy to ride and the power will keep you out of trouble, but you will quickly find yourself wanting more. Everyone I have talked to insisted on getting a 600 and just "taking it slow," as I learn to ride, then once comfortable, you can go as far as the bike will let you.

#1, do NOT buy it new unless you have money to waste. You can get one less than a year old for under $3K.

#2, I don't know your riding experience, but aside from a moped, I have ZERO. I know a LOT of people who ride and I was looking into the 250 Ninjas myself and everyone told me not to wast my money. You may find it easy to ride and the power will keep you out of trouble, but you will quickly find yourself wanting more. Everyone I have talked to insisted on getting a 600 and just "taking it slow," as I learn to ride, then once comfortable, you can go as far as the bike will let you.

Are you refering to this bike?

http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/product-specifications.aspx?id=501&scid=6

No, I was talking about the 250s. I have been seeing them in the local Auto & RV mags for under $3K.

Hell, personally, I'd never spend more than $2500 on a bike anyways. I can easily get a decent Mustang for that, so that would make it pointless to me.

No, I was talking about the 250s. I have been seeing them in the local Auto & RV mags for under $3K.

Hell, personally, I'd never spend more than $2500 on a bike anyways. I can easily get a decent Mustang for that, so that would make it pointless to me.

The problem is people out grow the 250 in about a week and want something larger, but if you are looking for a great first bike, then check out the one I liked.

If you look hard enough you may find the 250's for $1500.00 in the mid summer.

Yeah, that's what everyone was telling me. I have zero bike experience though, so I was looking for the simplest sport bike I could find.

Yeah, that's what everyone was telling me. I have zero bike experience though, so I was looking for the simplest sport bike I could find.

My manager is big into sport bike riding and his track bike is a Kawasaki 636 and his road bike is the 650R sport. He is also a control rider at a couple of tracks and he even tells the young riders with limited experience that the 650R is a great starter.

Buy used!!!!!!! You will scratch it, you prolly will lay it down/drop it at least once. Why fuck up new when you can just add to a used one?

J

Starter bikes to me are not based on size but dollars spent. Buy. A 10 year old one for $800 and then sell it for what you actually want once you realize what that is. Sport bikes are not comfortable and that one even isn't fun to ride. Completely stupid buy even at $3000:

My firs street bike was a Kawasaki kz1000. I bought for $300.00 at an auction. That thing was a beast.

Hell I bet the damn thing still runs.

my first bike was a honda 954 new. I didn't want to buy something someone beat up.

I got a screaming deal though.

That thing had power to spare.... but now it's hard to move up from. :)

....and so on the same note... I just spent a huge wad of cash tonight on audio garbage...:sigh:

:Doh:

You guys don't like pics though

I like pictures :blush:

Texas Home and Garden Show has really gone downhill; half of the exhibitors there are poor bastards caught up in some MLM scheme. Hell there were multiple stands scattered around selling the same effing product...

I did notice some poor sap hawking cookware out of somewhere in Wisconsin...West Bend I believe is the name; you ever heard of 'em Sean?

checking out the RV's was fun though

maybe I'll have a little strip show in the AM.

I am exhausted from shooting my proverial wad and then tweaking my back.

vicoden and heavy expencive audio = me not so happy anymore.