mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

why does everyone seem to bash steve meade whenever givin a chance?

The guy is a jackass. He thinks he's super special. He does nothing special. Anyone can throw a bunch of woofers in an SUV with a lot of power and rattle windows. It's pretty simple.

History. Why wouldn't you?
Is it personal? I may be a young gun in the car audio world and i obviously look up to him. He has turned into what started as a hobby into something much bigger. That is like a dream for most of us enthusiast isnt it? i mean why not make money off from something you absolutely love.

Nobody takes things on a forum personal. If they do, they have deeply seeded issues than need professional help. Why do you look up to him? He's done nothing new, other than glamorize the annoying side of our hobby.

Is it personal? I may be a young gun in the car audio world and i obviously look up to him. He has turned into what started as a hobby into something much bigger. That is like a dream for most of us enthusiast isnt it? i mean why not make money off from something you absolutely love.
Why do you care what I think? You are old enough to make your own opinions and don't like mine anyways.
Just curiosity. we have had a past and it seems like all you do is be a dick to everyone. you talk about how other forums are garbage because of how people treat each other but your a hypocrite because you do just that on this forum.

Sean's not being a dick. These days, people can not take criticism. Everyone get their feelings hurt because society today is filled with pussies. If 90% of the people who get mad at him actually read what he types and take the time to understand it and not just spit out some other rhetoric or bullshit they read somewhere on the internet, they'd understand what a great teacher he is, but no, they want something handed to them without having to work for it.

The problem is, most people see this place as a forum. To the core members, this place is home; we are a family. Now, we treat our home with respect and we welcome new friends. When you come to the forum and disrespect it, that is disrespecting our home. If someone has an issue with it, they are free to leave and we can also show someone the door as well.

so i got my tax return check... im thinking

used droid + pandora + car = win?

I really am considering getting into the tablet market with a nook color. Its android powered so you can have an android/e-reader with the same processing power of a Droid 2 but with a 7" screen. I could use it to look at notes and stuff during class, and all kinds of other pointless activities

I really am considering getting into the tablet market with a nook color. Its android powered so you can have an android/e-reader with the same processing power of a Droid 2 but with a 7" screen. I could use it to look at notes and stuff during class, and all kinds of other pointless activities

pretty sweet tablet. only $250, not bad

So I spent a little more time with the Giant Rincon that I found. I spent $3.50 on a tire tube and now I have a bike with 3 gears and a front brake. The rear gear shifter is fubared so the rear derailleur keeps it in the top gear (smallest sprocket) at all times. I also found out it is a 2007 model and while riding I found out the front shock actually does work.

I was looking on the internet and I can get a new set of shifters for about $28. I was highly considering getting them and having a nice cheap bike to ride around.

Do you think they are really Blue Print Audio?

They look like RE HC motors to me. shrug.gif

Albert Einstein special on History channel. great show.

SSA is definitely home

So I spent a little more time with the Giant Rincon that I found. I spent $3.50 on a tire tube and now I have a bike with 3 gears and a front brake. The rear gear shifter is fubared so the rear derailleur keeps it in the top gear (smallest sprocket) at all times. I also found out it is a 2007 model and while riding I found out the front shock actually does work.

I was looking on the internet and I can get a new set of shifters for about $28. I was highly considering getting them and having a nice cheap bike to ride around.

I also figured while I'm working on it I would replace the brake pads/ brakes.... any recommendations?

Nobody takes things on a forum personal. If they do, they have deeply seeded issues than need professional help. Why do you look up to him? He's done nothing new, other than glamorize the annoying side of our hobby.

Why do you care what I think? You are old enough to make your own opinions and don't like mine anyways.
Just curiosity. we have had a past and it seems like all you do is be a dick to everyone. you talk about how other forums are garbage because of how people treat each other but your a hypocrite because you do just that on this forum.

Sean's not being a dick. These days, people can not take criticism. Everyone get their feelings hurt because society today is filled with pussies. If 90% of the people who get mad at him actually read what he types and take the time to understand it and not just spit out some other rhetoric or bullshit they read somewhere on the internet, they'd understand what a great teacher he is, but no, they want something handed to them without having to work for it.

The problem is, most people see this place as a forum. To the core members, this place is home; we are a family. Now, we treat our home with respect and we welcome new friends. When you come to the forum and disrespect it, that is disrespecting our home. If someone has an issue with it, they are free to leave and we can also show someone the door as well.

I think that was the best way to explain Sean's method of communication and how alot of us view SSA.

Personally, I find the style of his posts to be nothing short of great. I like direct to the point answers that still offer some explanation as to why it will/will not work out.

As for home...........well I have spent the most time here out of all my forums. Both at home, at work, and while downrange.

:bananaDance:

J

Well..........I may be home earlier than I aintisipated.......

Leaves me with mixed feelings.

J

Looks like we will be getting some snow here tomorrow. They are saying 3"+, guess we will see.

J

That is understandable. I know when my buddy came home early he told me how he felt and you know you guys go through a lot of things that many don't realize or understand.

J

That is understandable. I know when my buddy came home early he told me how he felt and you know you guys go through a lot of things that many don't realize or understand.

A part of it is beacuse we get paid a bit better while we are here and have less expenses. Its going to short us by a couple grand at the minimum........Either way I will perservere. I am not the first one to do this, and I certanly am not the last.

Even if I came back when I am supposed to, adjusting to behing HOME and not just on leave is one hell of an adjustment.

J

I hear its UBER slow, go play with one first.

And has a terrible touchscreen.

Personally still might buy one for a remote control, but have no other use for it. By remote I mean for my whole house automation though. ;)

Cheap shifters don't shift.

Is it the derailleur or the actually shifter/brifter?

Ugh gas........ugh

J

Hurry up already, SO we can sling so ink. :)

I must of missed it..... where did you score the bike?