mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

The pillar pods I posted were flocked.

Ahh. I've yet to try that.

Aren't you the pedophile dude?

Funny thing is... I have a story about him being a pedophile...

At one point he was staying at "King of Bass's" house and he was like trying to flirt with his 16 year old daughter...

Having fun making fun of Ryan in that thread. :P

JP think me noob bitch.

Stefan be trollin

Well fuck.

My friend's spring break is right after mine, so we have less time to go on our trip.

Leave thur afternoon, come back saturday night / sunday morning. On the bright side, less water to hump around. *shrugs*

And for me, I'd figure 2-4 gal a day if I was hiking hard. Carrying that would SUCK.

Well fuck.

My friend's spring break is right after mine, so we have less time to go on our trip.

Leave thur afternoon, come back saturday night / sunday morning. On the bright side, less water to hump around. *shrugs*

And for me, I'd figure 2-4 gal a day if I was hiking hard. Carrying that would SUCK.

Fuck that, water is like 8.3 pounds per gallon. On the way up I'll be drinking, and I'll have more water at the car when we get back.

I'm going to try and get by with 2-3l per day, I won't be hiking hard, and will only be hiking for 4-5hours per day.

my dad is selling my grandmothers RV this is an email he got from someone. sketchy?

> Thanks for your response, I am quite okay with your price, I need you

> to understand that I am willing and ready to purchase it right away,

> put it off the AD site, consider me as your favorite buyer, and Please

> note that I have a shipper/mover who handles my shipping arrangement

> anywhere in the world,he would be coming for the pickup, after you

> have received payment, which would be through paypal, If this is

> acceptable, advice soon as I am an hydrographer and I am buying this

> for my son,I am at work right now .I can only pay through pay pal at

> the moment as I do not have access to my bank account online,but I

> have it attached to my pay pal account, and this is why I insisted on

> using pay pal to pay,all I will need is your paypal email address to

> make the payments,and if you do not have a pay pal account yet,its

> pretty easy to set one up at www.paypal.com,i will be expecting your

> email.I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick up after

> payments has been sorted. I want you to provide me with the following

> information for me to proceed with the Payment...

>

> Your PayPal e-Mail Address :

> Full name:

> Your Full Contact address:

>

> Note: i'll also include the Shipping company's fee

> so kindly Get back to me with your PayPal email account so i can

> proceed with the payment asap..

> Thanks

>

> Looking forward to read from you.

Edited by lithium

my dad is selling my grandmothers RV this is an email he got from someone. sketchy?

>

> Full name:

>

> Thanks

>

Sounds VERY sketchy. It is odd that they mention Paypal though, as scammers usually don't. If it were me I would not mess with this person. It sounds like an email I get several times a day for a few ads that I have on craigslist.

I think it was on smd someone posted an email response like that from craigslist....just assume its a scam.

I'm about to change my bike and found a couple steel Marin frames, ca 1990, seems like the correct frame size from some quick web calculators but it's a bare frame. Are the Marin frames good stuff ? They are all mountain bike frames.

Should I stick to buying a complete bike ?

It seems that if I buy the frame I can build it up as funds come up, with good parts and stand chances of tailoring it better to my liking.

Well fuck.

Fuck that, water is like 8.3 pounds per gallon. On the way up I'll be drinking, and I'll have more water at the car when we get back.

I'm going to try and get by with 2-3l per day, I won't be hiking hard, and will only be hiking for 4-5hours per day.

Exactly why I hike near water, but in MN that isn't hard to do. In fact it is hard to get away from it. I have already had 3l today...

>

> Full name:

>

> Thanks

>

I'd insist on a phone conversation, a full address and drivers license number. Of course that is needed for title transfer anyways. Then you can find out if its real rather easy.

Is it an aluminum frame? If so, built by Giant corp in Asia like 95% of all Al bikes. Most likely not a good deal though as the frame is usually "free" once you find the rest of the bike. Where it may make sense is if you can find a steal on a complete bike that is of the wrong size. If you do that though, find one that is too big so that all the cabling and such can be shortened. Otherwise all new cables can easily set you back $40-50 on the beast. Replacing the bad ones is one thing, but all new for no reason sucks.

I've never been a Marin fan, but I've never been an Al fan either.

:Doh: just realized you typed steel. No idea who made that frame. Any idea the type of steel? If it is standard CrMo then it isn't really worth much on the used market which is probably why the components were stripped. If it is something more exotic then sweet. Most likely a Reynolds mix which should have a 3 number name afterwards, if it is Columbus tubing it will have a different label but both would translate the real value to me.

Oh, and web calculators fail miserably. A true fitting is really a good idea. On a Mt. Bike though the top tube is the biggest concern because if it is too short or too long it'll make the bike either twitchy or slow off road when you compensate it too fit.

Any idea on the Marin model it is? circa 1990 in general is a pretty good time for it to possibly be decent.

Anyone know if Don from SDS is on vacation or something? sent him an email monday

i'm in no hurry, perhaps he's just behind.

His email load is actually greater then mine, which is insane to think about. But if you have not heard back by Monday, shoot him another email as I know he works quite hard to catch up to emails.

he got back to me today.

considering how much works he puts into just his emails alone its hard to imagine that he has time to ship anything out.

Don is up at 4am pretty much everyday, and cranks all day long. RedBull fuels SDS. ;)

I have a week in Vegas planned for the end of the month. I SOOO need a week off, plus my Grandma lives there so I will go do her honey do list.smile.png

2nw387k.jpg

adhd.gif

Is it an aluminum frame? If so, built by Giant corp in Asia like 95% of all Al bikes. Most likely not a good deal though as the frame is usually "free" once you find the rest of the bike. Where it may make sense is if you can find a steal on a complete bike that is of the wrong size. If you do that though, find one that is too big so that all the cabling and such can be shortened. Otherwise all new cables can easily set you back $40-50 on the beast. Replacing the bad ones is one thing, but all new for no reason sucks.

I've never been a Marin fan, but I've never been an Al fan either.

Doh.gif just realized you typed steel. No idea who made that frame. Any idea the type of steel? If it is standard CrMo then it isn't really worth much on the used market which is probably why the components were stripped. If it is something more exotic then sweet. Most likely a Reynolds mix which should have a 3 number name afterwards, if it is Columbus tubing it will have a different label but both would translate the real value to me.

Oh, and web calculators fail miserably. A true fitting is really a good idea. On a Mt. Bike though the top tube is the biggest concern because if it is too short or too long it'll make the bike either twitchy or slow off road when you compensate it too fit.

Any idea on the Marin model it is? circa 1990 in general is a pretty good time for it to possibly be decent.

I'd prefer steel to Al smile.png

It's CroMo, Tange steel tubes apparently. Definitely not Reynolds, I would have noticed it.

The model is Pine Mountain.

There is one in UK for $50 and it has Shimano cranks. Considering I saw a bad condition Scott (Al frame probably), complete bike this weekend and the guy was asking $200 for it, $50 looks like an "ok" price.

I really need to change my bike and want something durable. This one lasted me quite a while but I outgrew it years ago :(

Lithium, they will probably send you a fake paypal receipt in the hopes that you believe you've just been paid.

Ryan, pardon me while I leave this here...

Lamborghini_Aventador_J_unik_01_fin_800_600_jpg_677x1000_q100.jpg