mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

My one problem with Duluth is their stuff is made for bigger/huskier folk, not skinny guys like me. Their trademen cut doesn't do squat for me.

Yards are still ok to measure by.... but if you can I would learn meters too. Makes shit easy peasy. At the end of the damn day though your dope sheet is worth a all the calculation in the world.

I mean think.... processors today even use look up tables for repetitive long math even with their insane speed and parallel processing.

I definitely want to switch to meters since I got mil not moa, but like you said my dope sheet makes everything a cake walk.

The trick is to just forget meters and yard and think about it all in angles and algorithms. Then skip the distance part and extrapolate right to clicks(or dots if you can hold over when your scope is true or if you have FFP)Much more useful in the long run. But like we talked about the DOPE is the real key. Learning the math is truely only useful if you are putting together a new system and trying to make new DOPE sheets. Etc etc. Or working with wind. And wind or other environmental changes are probably bigger factors. If you are popping a target at 1000 yards, for example, you could have 2 or 3 very different wind speeds. To further complicate it, the wind for the last half will have more effect than the first half so it would weight your calculations more because the boolit will spend more time traveling the second half of its trip than the first. So more time for wind to act upon it. So even if you do perfect math and have a kestral type device to check wind speed you could still be fucked as it will only be accurate for the wind speed and angle of attack on the projectile at the muzzle. Not 500 yards down.

The clicks are 1/10th mil for elevation and wind right? And is your reticle true on max power or min?

No matter what I am envious of your ability to just travel a short distance and have such looooooong shooting available to you. I have been bench racing and staring at a really expensive peice of glass for a looooong time.

Yeah 1/10 mil for elevation and wind. The reticle is correct at max. On the other side of the mag readings it lists the number to multiply by for an accurate mil reading.

I've slowly been making changes to my calculated dope sheet, and obviously aside from wind I can just check the sheet, and shoot for anything under 500y. Further out I've yet to drag out a big cardboard box, and double check the drop.

It's about time I get my hands on a SSA product wink.png

You guys are having such good deals I sent my friend over to the store as well

rockwoot.gif

Thank you@@!!!!!!!!!!!

Do we have any members near KC, MO?

what did ya need?

You ever hear of a place Mustangs Plus? I'm thinking about buying this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item232584584e

Not to my knowledge but from a breif search people seem satisified.

. Okay. Thanks!

My one problem with Duluth is their stuff is made for bigger/huskier folk, not skinny guys like me. Their trademen cut doesn't do squat for me.

Hmm.... last time I got a catalog they had "athletic" cut shirts. Seriously. I wish I had it so I could tell you what term they used. Check the online page maybe?

Narrow waist but still long and roomy. Just without the extra fluff room.

I just saw it in the last catalog... weird you mention it.

I was just thinking about the +500 yard shooting.

The best thing about .308 Stefan is that it is SO popular I bet you coul find someone with exactly your set up and use their dope to get within 5-10% of the right drop. I remember reading a general dope from a barrel mfg who had dope for a bajillion lengths of barrels and projectiles.

.308 being so popular someone may have posted the same entire system(glass, receiver, stock, bbl...etc etc etc) you have with your favorite cartridges online. Every rifle is different but I am sure it would get you in the "zone".

Snipers and Kanye.

Hmm.... last time I got a catalog they had "athletic" cut shirts. Seriously. I wish I had it so I could tell you what term they used. Check the online page maybe?

Narrow waist but still long and roomy. Just without the extra fluff room.

I just saw it in the last catalog... weird you mention it.

I think I still have that catalog...

Yep yep. looking at loading with black hills 168g pretty soon.

O4EGK.jpg

Certainly would. ;)

I am really really thinking about a .260 or similar..... I have this horrible itch to scratch in the form of .338LM......

It just makes no logical sense to me.

.260 Rem is a wonderful little cartridge from what I understand. Pretty much most in the 6-7mm is awesome.

.260 Rem is a wonderful little cartridge from what I understand. Pretty much most in the 6-7mm is awesome.

I need to read more but the .260, 6.5CM, and that oddball AI .284 or whatever it is all hit harder at long range than a .308 and have a much higher BC in general.

All with less recoil.

I am really really thinking about a .260 or similar..... I have this horrible itch to scratch in the form of .338LM......

It just makes no logical sense to me.

<----- Shoots a .260 Rem

I'm honestly the worst to ask. I have loved shooting it but it is also my first real rifle I ever owned. I don't get much time to shoot, but I have killed things with it! :)

1QR6Vh8J_zpse59fb0db.jpg

I'm honestly the worst to ask. I have loved shooting it but it is also my first real rifle I ever owned. I don't get much time to shoot, but I have killed things with it! :)/>

For sure!

That is why that damn Barrett semi auto is so well loved. The system really makes use of the excess energy. I have heard from guys who have been lucky/rich enough to sholt it that becausr the recoil is stretched out over such a long period of time and so much is soaked up with the brake and springs it has a smaller perceived jolt than 300win mag and similar.

It "pushes" rather than punches the shoulder. The concussion from the brake is brutal though from what I understand. It disrupts everything for several yards.

The main reason I don't want a 338 is just because of recoil. The cost if you load yourself is not insane as some might have you think when comparing to other match ammo. In magnum caliber that is.

But the 6mm boolits can get near the same trajectory (sub 1000 yards)as the big .338 with a fraction of the powder and with way less shoulder beating.

Holy fucking 500 internal server errors batman.

Ya I've had errors constantly for the last week

Same here

Some strange set up issue on the Apache server, with all the hits the store is getting, it was effecting everything else on our server. Issue has been corrected.