mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Going to look into Nitto Terra Grapplers tomorrow. Seems to be my best choice.

J

I'd like some ideas here guys. I am getting close to needing new tires on my 2011 Toyota Tundra. It does have 4 wheel drive and currently has a P275/65R18 on it now. I am wanting something with a bit more aggressive of a tread pattern as I do appreciate the better grip in dirt and mud, as well as on rocks and snow. I will be driving into 'snow country' soon and want to have the best bang for my buck. Any recommendations on brand and/or model???

J

Depending on how much grip you want, bf Goodrich km2, all terrain, or nitto graplers.

I was looking at the all terrain and I have looked at graplers in the past. What is so good about the km2? I haven't seen them yet.

Grip is never a bad thing. I don't take my truck our sliding on asphalt (intentionally) except for an ocasional burn out, which will stop once I have new tires.

J

Snow is a total different animal than rocks, mud, dirt, or anything else. You want to cut through snow. You don't want a big wide tire with large tread blocks. A good tire for snow will be just for snow.

J

I know a lot of people who love them. I went with a much more agressive tread and while they are surprisingly AMAZING in the snow, they are wearing a little faster than I like. I drive more than most though.

Also I have heard that Ford's are particularly harsh on aggressive treads and even with frequent rotation sometimes can still scrub bad up front and not end up "cutting" them when on the back.

First project done in a while, hope it's one of many to be done in 2013.
Came out nice. I wouldn't have the slightest idea how to even start that.

Agreed, looks great!

Thanks guys.

I am planning to do the same style to my car seats.

Really nice work.

I'd like some ideas here guys. I am getting close to needing new tires on my 2011 Toyota Tundra. It does have 4 wheel drive and currently has a P275/65R18 on it now. I am wanting something with a bit more aggressive of a tread pattern as I do appreciate the better grip in dirt and mud, as well as on rocks and snow. I will be driving into 'snow country' soon and want to have the best bang for my buck. Any recommendations on brand and/or model???

J

Depending on how much grip you want, bf Goodrich km2, all terrain, or nitto graplers.

I was looking at the all terrain and I have looked at graplers in the past. What is so good about the km2? I haven't seen them yet.

Grip is never a bad thing. I don't take my truck our sliding on asphalt (intentionally) except for an ocasional burn out, which will stop once I have new tires.

J

Snow is a total different animal than rocks, mud, dirt, or anything else. You want to cut through snow. You don't want a big wide tire with large tread blocks. A good tire for snow will be just for snow.

I won't be spending months there. Like 4 days one period, then maybe a week's worth later. All maintained roads too, not backroads 10" of snow.

J

J

I know a lot of people who love them. I went with a much more agressive tread and while they are surprisingly AMAZING in the snow, they are wearing a little faster than I like. I drive more than most though.

Also I have heard that Ford's are particularly harsh on aggressive treads and even with frequent rotation sometimes can still scrub bad up front and not end up "cutting" them when on the back.

I have put 27k on the truck since August 2011.

J

Godsmack,

I use the BF all terrains and in my opinion they wear like iron. They are the only all terrain/off-road tires I know of that come with a tread warranty (50,000 miles). I've had them for 42k miles and they have suited me well for trail cruising, snow, and sand.

I have no experience with the other tires, but I like mine! :)

Good luck!

. I'm sure I could drink sugar water all day, get more kcal, and probably wouldn't develop diabetes, but I'd rather not fuck with the possibility when I don't have to.

But yet you'll eat 4 sticks of butter and have no fear about cholesterol problems or CVD.

I have to chuckle.

Your simply ignorant.

I am ignorant? Or your ignorant? If you are going to call me ignorant for voicing an opinion that may be contradictory to yours, at least do yourself a favor and don't display your ignorance in just a few words.

No offense dude, but your (properly used) ideas seem more than a little hypocritical and rather narrow minded. You elect to let me know why huge fat intakes, while the vast majority of the medical community disagrees with your personal beliefs, are totally safe. Yet in the next breath you elect to inform me that you choose not to take in sugar, since the vast majority of the medical community agrees with your personal belief.

The cool thing about the internet is, I can find a million reasons why both of us are right, and both of us are wrong. Perhaps you should learn that when one is, what 22 years old, you don't know everything. No matter how much you choose to copy and paste shit to disprove someone both you and your source may be wrong. I am twice your age, and frankly I don't know shit. But I do know this: between the 2 of us your wordy disputes are proof that you don't want to listen and learn from people who have been around a lot longer, and have likely learned a thing or 2 more than you.

Frankly I don't care to prove anything, unlike you who is getting terribly defensive and jumping everyone's shit for disagreeing with you, or simply voicing alternative perspectives.

But I can tell you this; I have been lifting longer then you have been alive. I can gain weight and mass, and lose weight and mass quite readily. You are stagnant. So tell me, who do you really think has more real world, first hand experience? Who do you think is just reading shit and reposting it like it is prophecy? Who do you think is the more successful of the 2 of us at gaining weight and mass? I am currently 6'1" and 225 pounds. By summer I will be 205 pounds and cut fairly lean. Guess what will happen next year? Guess who doesn't have diabetes, even though my family has a propensity towards diabetes? Guess who doesn't have high cholesterol even though my family is predisposed to CVD? I have proof that my shit works, you have nothing but an idea that, thus far, has proven to be unfruitful.

Stefan just want to put one perspective out there. As with anything in typed format it is easy to read what you like into the text. That being said, I am encouraging you to read everyone's comments not as trying to call you out, but instead as constructive. Right or wrong the only reason anyone is bringing anything up is because they want to help. Of course, helping without knowing the full picture doesn't always end up being help.

ie, no one wants you to take it as personal and I think everyone is actually encouraged by how you have put the "box" aside and are chasing your goal. Everyone on here is impressed by that and should be as it is the key to success. Chase on!

Exactly.

Frankly I am tired of you (Stefan) being a defensive douchebag. It is one thing to debate and joke a little, but it has gone beyond that. The kindergarten playground namecalling is fucking weak.

I am done with this conversation. Stefan, continue on with your failure to achieve your goal if that is what you want to do. The best thing we can hope for is that maybe you will put your ego aside for a little bit and try what is obviously working for others.

On that note, I have no personal issue with you. But if you have one with me, let me know. I am not afraid to tell someone to go fuck themselves quite directly, and frankly, I will not be called ignorant by someone half my age who lives at home with his mother without telling him to go fuck himself.

We cool?

I truly didn't take any offense from what you ever said, Matt was the one getting under my skin--which really doesn't mean anything because no matter how much he or I hammer each other I believe we'll always be cool. Guess that sounded a little gay, but whatever.

Only reason I called ignorance was the simple fact that you couldn't give me any reason as to why you thought butter had negative effects on cardiovascular health. You simply said it's bad because everyone says it's bad.

I don't have a problem with you, or anyone else for that matter. I also admit this did get way out of hand, so I'm going to avoid the subject altogether in the future.

Godsmack,

I use the BF all terrains and in my opinion they wear like iron. They are the only all terrain/off-road tires I know of that come with a tread warranty (50,000 miles). I've had them for 42k miles and they have suited me well for trail cruising, snow, and sand.

I have no experience with the other tires, but I like mine! smile.png

Good luck!

Same as well. KM2s have a more aggressive pattern, and seemed to wear a little quicker than the all terrains. The nitto grapplers lasted well on our JK, but not so much on the dodge diesel (guessing the weight caused it to wear out faster, not positive).

Oh and one last thing before all the dust settles. Don't tell anyone, but I ate two sticks of butter today, and feel fine. Perhaps the chili I ate the day before didn't sit well with the butter, or I'm starting to produce more lipase. adhd.gif

A Drug Enforcement Administration agent helped hire a prostitute for a supervisory special agent of the Secret Service during a presidential visit to Colombia last year, according to a Justice Department report.

The sexual encounter, which started with a massage, took place at a second DEA agent’s Colombian residence, the report said.

News of a prostitution scandal involving Secret Service personnel first surfaced in April, when the agency recalled several agents from the South American country.

The inspector general revealed the involvement of DEA agents in a one-page summary of findings to the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs committee on Dec. 20. NBC published the report online Thursday.

Investigators determined that the drug agents tried to hide their involvement in the scandal by denying knowledge of the sexual encounter and deleting data from their government-issued BlackBerry phones during a Justice Department probe.

The agents later confessed to wiping data from their BlackBerry devices and admitted they had hired prostitutes for themselves and used their DEA smartphones to arrange the encounters, according to the report.

In its letter to the Senate committee, the inspector general noted that the State Department “prohibits solicitation of prostitutes by U.S. government personnel assigned to a foreign mission ‘irrespective of whether prostitution is legal in the host country.’”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/federal-eye/wp/2013/01/11/dea-agents-helped-hire-prostitute-for-secret-service-agent-report-says/

Godsmack,

Good luck!

Same as well. KM2s have a more aggressive pattern, and seemed to wear a little quicker than the all terrains. The nitto grapplers lasted well on our JK, but not so much on the dodge diesel (guessing the weight caused it to wear out faster, not positive).

Well shit..............decisions decisions.

J

. I'm sure I could drink sugar water all day, get more kcal, and probably wouldn't develop diabetes, but I'd rather not fuck with the possibility when I don't have to.

But yet you'll eat 4 sticks of butter and have no fear about cholesterol problems or CVD.

I have to chuckle.

Your simply ignorant.

It's "You're".

Who's ignorant now?! :P

Coffee at work is gawd awful!

Got to find something else, and I think I'm going to spring for an aeropress

Godsmack,

Good luck!

I had BF ATs on my Exploder and loved them. They were swapped over to my sister's Exploder for another three years. That set of tires probably saw 60K easy.

Godsmack,

Good luck!

I had BF ATs on my Exploder and loved them. They were swapped over to my sister's Exploder for another three years. That set of tires probably saw 60K easy.

Decisions decisions..........

J

Chicken is nasty

What?

go to a chicken farm

I've seen the same with cattle and pork. Free range chicken is an option, and the ones I have used, do indeed taste different. That could all be mental though.

Free-range does taste better than store-bought :)

I guess living where I do is nice because all our beef, pork, and chicken products are local. Shit fresh eggs are .50 a dozen here.

Eggs are free for me.

Same here, in the summer I get about 10-20 each weekend when going to the country house. Seeing the difference between the ones you buy in stores and the ones I get from the countryside is amazing. Cakes are yellow, omelet is yellow, everything looks and tastes the way it should with eggs from the country-side. The chickens are literally free and can eat anything they please :)

<- had to look up ginny

About the size of a chicken hen and good for eating ticks around the farm. The eggs are about the size of a ping pong ball.

Awesome birds, my grandmother used to have a lot of them. It was fun seeing them fly :D

I really liked the meat and the eggs.

J

On my 4runner and truck I have run the Nitto Terra grapplers and the Hankook Dyna Pro AT. I have had very good luck with both tires. I drive in a wide range of conditions here in PA.

<- had to look up ginny

About the size of a chicken hen and good for eating ticks around the farm. The eggs are about the size of a ping pong ball.

Awesome birds, my grandmother used to have a lot of them. It was fun seeing them fly biggrin.png

I really liked the meat and the eggs.

My gram always told us that if the bird was killed quick the meat was less greesy. From what I remember they kinda taste a little like duck.