mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I've got a really deep splinter in my finger. Thought the pain was from frostbite yesterday lol

It's been pretty good though, work, and house shopping is keeping me busy. May be putting in an offer on a house today.

Umm, NO! WAY too early. With the market as such doing so this fast is a recipe for losing money. If you haven't looked at 100+ houses in the area you don't know it. Seriously.

I've got a really deep splinter in my finger. Thought the pain was from frostbite yesterday lol

Rode the bike today in 27F. My hands felt big and puffy. trippy.gif

No luck for me, the ones I have are 4 gig. sad.png

mine is a 4gb but it was still accepted when i entered the serial number

Seahawks blew it

That was awful.

Houston looks like $hit. If I have to watch the Ravens or Gaytriots win the show I am going to shoot myself. I hate to say it, but I may be pulling for an NFC team again this year.

It's been pretty good though, work, and house shopping is keeping me busy. May be putting in an offer on a house today.

Umm, NO! WAY too early. With the market as such doing so this fast is a recipe for losing money. If you haven't looked at 100+ houses in the area you don't know it. Seriously.

Feel free to find me a rental property that doesn't cost more than a mortgage and is worth a damn.

Additionally the house we are looking at we will likely get for only 5-10K more than it sold for in 2001 and in that time it went through a complete renovation. New plumbing, wiring, gas, 2 gas fireplaces, all walls torn down, new insulation, remodelled kitchen w/ granite and new appliances, new heater, new double paned windows, etc...

I just double checked and mine are not :( I guess I will keep them in the desk for now.

Seahawks blew it

That was awful.

Houston looks like $hit. If I have to watch the Ravens or Gaytriots win the show I am going to shoot myself. I hate to say it, but I may be pulling for an NFC team again this year.

Ravens vs. Patriots games are always entertaining to watch.

Atlanta winning the Super Bowl for the first time ever would be nice

Feel free to find me a rental property that doesn't cost more than a mortgage and is worth a damn.

Additionally the house we are looking at we will likely get for only 5-10K more than it sold for in 2001 and in that time it went through a complete renovation. New plumbing, wiring, gas, 2 gas fireplaces, all walls torn down, new insulation, remodelled kitchen w/ granite and new appliances, new heater, new double paned windows, etc...

Price per month has nothing to do with it if you lose a ton on the way out.

He is losing by paying rent. If he already owned a house I would agree, but paying rent is paying someone else's mortgage.

I just double checked and mine are not sad.png I guess I will keep them in the desk for now.

ah too bad.

He is losing by paying rent. If he already owned a house I would agree, but paying rent is paying someone else's mortgage.

A $ not gained is a $ lost. Not really knowing what area and place you are buying in is a terrible deal almost always. I didn't say don't buy a house. Goal is to look at enough to make sure it is the right one.

......I don't know how small your town is, but buying is not a good idea from a purely financial aspect unless you find a deal of the century. I just discussed this with one of my closest friend. I don't know your exact market, but I cannot imagine it being a good idea.

Unless you are buying 100% for pride of ownership, it is NOT worth it. Seriously. Listen to Sean.

And shit is different when your furnace goes out.... do you have 5k hanging out for that day? Or water heater... it is all on you. You cannot call someone to fix it, and it may not seem like much but you don't have a parents sofa to crash on while you deal with it. You might be in a hotel. Even more money gone.

Or when your basement floods 4-5 times a year

We looked at well over 30 homes. And that was in a SMALL area that we have already lived in for 5 years and wife grew up in.

Again.... if you want to buy a home do it because you crave hom ownership, not because you think it's a smartest plan financially. It is not a sure bet. And start saving. And WAIT and look and look and look.

If you don't have a significant down payment, have at least a year or more of hustory at your current job, and some assets you might get raped bad on the interest rate and you will fosho have to pay MTG insurance.

Who gives a fuck about walmart and why on earth do people shop there?

Who gives a fuck about walmart and why on earth do people shop there?

Don't know and don't know.

I huge amount of people love walmart. They do a ton of business.

Just sayin.

Mike a good example is I got my house for 2/3s of it's list price. And I was still hard balling the owners. After all that I still hard balled them more. They left the table with about $1500 from the sale. That is it.

And they had to cap the old well room which costs about that much. And the value of the home has gone where? Not up like it should. And eveytime something breaks down it's on my dime. Yes there is a tax benefit, but not on utilities. Add 200-300 a month on your MTG. Then taxes, every 1200 is another 100 a month. If you have a yard you will have to maintain it. Add 100 a month to your life for cost of mower, tune ups, gass and snow blower or removal. Insurance on your home is more than rental insurance. And that is all without incedentals. I have a big yard and made some major changes inside and outside my home, but optional changes aside I have spent $1000 a year or better on random shit around the house that NEEDED to be done that on most rentals yoj wouldn't be responsible for.

I am guessing your somewhere around coffeyville IIRC.

From my phone I found 4 places renting for under $500 a month that were not shitholes. I don't know the areas so maybe they are not so great.... but I saw some for $199. And unless you are having kids right now you don't NEED more than one bedroom and one bathroom. If you have a MTG of 1000 that would be $800 a month saved. AKA almost 10k in one year to come to the table with. Even if you only save $500 a month it's 6k in a year. That is a big deal.

And you will have a better interest rate.

Live modest for a while then buy the "dream home" when you know what it is, and what price you should pay.

Its much better than being afraid to live small for a bit and move into a nightmare.

I am 3 homes deep in my life now, and ended up with a foreclose on my first. The stars aligned to fuck me over. It was a perfect storm and I doubt would ever happen to you, but I didn have a lot put down on the home and I lost my ass. Set me back 7 years and ultultimately my wife had to buy the house we are in now.

Even though I made a sure bet I still lost my ass because I didn't have enough stability. 6 months MTG in the bank didn't even stop me from loosing it to a foreclosure. Again, I had the perfect storm, but if I had been more stable I could have saved myself a lot of pain.