mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I have waaaaay too much life and financial "experience" for my age so I am always skeptical of everything.

:-D

NWrms.png

Anal Raptor!

Anal Excursion

Anal Expedition

Anal Taurus? ?

Anal Crown Victoria

Anal Edge

Anal Thunderbird

Anal Mustang

Anal Fusion

Anal Super Duty

Edited by dem beats

16 degrees at my house right now...I would take this over 100+ any day.

The Encore appears to be using the direct injection Turbo I4 motor. I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole. If a standard SFI is available it will be decent. The 3.9 (if it is an option) has beastly power for an NA V6.

Only the ecotec turbo 4 it seems. Is it a wreck from a longevity standpoint or just a classic GM oops we made a POS?

That is quite an uninformed little blip. GM actually has some of the best drivetrains available today, and they have for years.

However, the Ectotech Turbo is a direct injection engine. It is a new technology, and it is experiancing a lot of problems. I have not googled it, but I bet if you google Audi direct injection failure you will see what I am talking about. Audi has been using it the longest, so their customers are seeing the issues now. Camshafts wiped out by the high pressure pump, and carbon buildup in the intake involving major engine teardowns at ~20K miles. I went to a school on direct injection a few months ago, and what a fucking nightmare. Direct injection has a lot of upside, but until they figure out how to control the carbon buildup I would run the fuck away.

I abhore the Escapes. They are fucking nightmares from my perspective. Expect to fix a lot of small, yet pricy shit.

Interior wise or powertrain? Looking only at the new ones, not the previous gen.

Like I said, I don't care about the interiors, unless they fall apart while trying to disassemble them.

I need to go to bed but wanted to point out from Sean's post. Windows, Appliances, water heater, etc.. All replaced in the last 5-7 years.I need to check on the AC systems with inspection.

That is usually even worse. New budget stuff lasts about 5-10 years if you are lucky.

Classis we made a POS was not drivetrain related, just a question regarding this drivetrain. Generically my beef with GM is not due to engines. Personal experience has led to my uniformed blip a very small subsection of cars, but when a Chevy Silverado has a cost of ownership that is nearly 10x that of a BMW M5 in the same number of miles of ownership it sours you rather quickly. All dinky shit that never should fail that went too. Truck was immaculate when I bought it with full service records at a dealer and even pro-active services added.

possible free adobe creative suites 2 - http://www.adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html

There was a response from adobe that it wasn't suppose to be free to everyone. not sure why its still available. still downloading it myself.

it's old software but i might mess around with it some.

possible free adobe creative suites 2 - http://www.adobe.com...oads/index.html

There was a response from adobe that it wasn't suppose to be free to everyone. not sure why its still available. still downloading it myself.

it's old software but i might mess around with it some.

It's going to ask you for a key when you go to install it--I believe.

Edit: Your right, the keys are listed on the site too, so technically it's free even though that wasn't their intention. :lol:

Edited by stefanhinote

adhd.gif

Looks like the power went out at my house and my battery maintainer shut off when I was deployed.. all 4 of my Diehards went bad... They're reading 5-6v and will not take a charge, even charged individually, but thank god the replacement term on the Diehards is 3 years free replacement. Fuck yeah.

I'd be worried about what was causing the parasitic draw as well...

NWrms.png

Anal Raptor!

Anal Excursion

Anal Expedition

Anal Taurus? ?

Anal Crown Victoria

Anal Edge

Anal Thunderbird

Anal Mustang

Anal Fusion

Anal Super Duty

Anal Ranger

:tehe:

Assuming

I'd be worried about what was causing the parasitic draw as well...

Assuming they were all good to begin with (well maintained) I'm not sure, but either way I'll get new batts for free.

good lord this forum is slow as shit

I downloaded the zip, where's the key?

http://online.wsj.co...4b46ae5f73.html

Apparently my Marlin 60 .22 is now illegal in NY state. Cute.

I was going to sell a couple of my guns to pay down some debt....think I'll hold onto my SKS. I don't think Florida will go that route, but I don't like the president's talk about "executive orders", makes me a little nervous. By the way, do they realize when the US won WWII the standard issue rifle had a wooden stock and 8 round magazine?

By the way, do they realize when the US won WWII the standard issue rifle had a wooden stock and 8 round magazine?

But, but, "when we won WWI the standard issue rifle had a wooden stock and 5 round clip" :lol:

Classis we made a POS was not drivetrain related, just a question regarding this drivetrain. Generically my beef with GM is not due to engines. Personal experience has led to my uniformed blip a very small subsection of cars, but when a Chevy Silverado has a cost of ownership that is nearly 10x that of a BMW M5 in the same number of miles of ownership it sours you rather quickly. All dinky shit that never should fail that went too. Truck was immaculate when I bought it with full service records at a dealer and even pro-active services added.

Aside from cats and battery leakage we generally don't see a lot of issues from the Chevy trucks. They had some intake gasket issues for a bit, but that was cleaned up.

FWIW I hate GM side terminal batteries.