mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I want a DSLR, I'd shoot a hell of a lot more if I didn't have to develop film. Then again I also want an Outlaw 990 preamp, and a new match pistol. I'm not sure a 4k bill would buy me those three things either. :(

Figured, real IR has a similar effect but it's a royal PITA to work with...have to load/unload it in complete darkness, even in 35mm rolls...

City of Evil is awesome driving music.

pucking worm on my machine, bleh *gets to cleaning*

Realized while searching I dno't really need an industrial deep fryer, but a better way of dealing with used oil and a big ass wok burner. This is the biggest I could find, but fuck no way am I paying a G for it.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Fire%20Magic%2...9,pdid:63,pos:0

You REALLY want an industial PM me a price u wanna pay keep in mind, table top fryer can go via UPS and freestanding must be freight..........I currently PERSONALLY own one freestanding gas deep fryer (resturant sized).............needs cleaned up. At last check the pot was just fine (has been in the garage at Dad's shop for 2 years)...............Needs cleaned a little i believe.........Lemme know if ur interested.

J

I will even defend the 20's that car actually needs big wheels. Hell the SRT comes stock with them so why not.

rotational inertia? unsprung weight?

True, the stockers are around 35lbs so you could surely shave of another 12 going to an 18 but will add some of it back in tire weight.

I also prefer a larger sidewall for traction, appearance, and ride quality reasons.

On a car with little tires that is of course logical, do realize that the 300 will only be on a 45 series on 20" rims and would ride on 60 series on an 18". The sweet spot for a tire diameter like that would probably be 19".

Looked up stock tire sizes for a SRT-8. 245/45/20 front and 255/45/20 rear. That's a 28.7" tire up front and a 29.0" tire out back. Those are the biggest car tires I've ever heard of. I thought mine were huge at 27". A 19" rim/29" tire would give the same amount of side wall as my Impala which is about the smallest I'd go on a newer car and it'd only look smaller in comparison to the larger rim.

I think they look about perfect on this "4x4" :D

jeepca8.png

Not a Jeep but a glorified minivan :(

pretty much :(

Sean, or anyone else, do you know how the BMW mpg gauges work exactly?

Like do they convert the duty cycle of the injectors into gallons/hour and then divide by miles/hour to get miles/gallon?

I had the thought tonight of an aftermarket, easily installable, instantaneous mpg gauge. I don't know how easy it would be to interface with the computer, but I think it's a pretty nifty idea.

I will even defend the 20's that car actually needs big wheels. Hell the SRT comes stock with them so why not.

rotational inertia? unsprung weight?

True, the stockers are around 35lbs so you could surely shave of another 12 going to an 18 but will add some of it back in tire weight.

I also prefer a larger sidewall for traction, appearance, and ride quality reasons.

On a car with little tires that is of course logical, do realize that the 300 will only be on a 45 series on 20" rims and would ride on 60 series on an 18". The sweet spot for a tire diameter like that would probably be 19".

Looked up stock tire sizes for a SRT-8. 245/45/20 front and 255/45/20 rear. That's a 28.7" tire up front and a 29.0" tire out back. Those are the biggest car tires I've ever heard of. I thought mine were huge at 27". A 19" rim/29" tire would give the same amount of side wall as my Impala which is about the smallest I'd go on a newer car and it'd only look smaller in comparison to the larger rim.

Hmm, those tyres are just as big as the ones on my jeep. Mine are on 15inch rims though :P

Like do they convert the duty cycle of the injectors into gallons/hour and then divide by miles/hour to get miles/gallon?

I had the thought tonight of an aftermarket, easily installable, instantaneous mpg gauge. I don't know how easy it would be to interface with the computer, but I think it's a pretty nifty idea.

I thought they work based on the quantity of intake air :shrug:

I thought they work based on the quantity of intake air :shrug:

well, that's how the computer knows how much gas to put in, along with rpm and maybe another factor or 2

I guess if you find the relationship between the MAF/tach signals and the amount of gas entering the engine, you can do it that way too.

Even worse since it's the programming lab :(

Oh well, at least I can focus on homework for the rest of the week :lol:

schwing! (from the car show on Saturday)

DSC_0051.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

Mighty nice :D

*patiently waits for the homework assignments to upload to a mail*

thats a nice car..ive always wanted a chevelle ss myself..if i ever do win the lotto first car im buying is a ss with a crate engine and twin turbo system pushing ohhhhh about 30 lbs of boost..lol

jeepca8.png

I love those wheels! If they didn't have that damn "SRT" on them, they'd be on my Cobra.

Not a Jeep but a glorified minivan :(

I find that comment amusing when it is about a vehicle that matches an E39 M5 in the quarter and to 60 (or an 04 M3, 50th Anniversary Corvette, 92 Viper, a Lamborghini Diablo....) and pulls 0.90 on the skid. I'd love to see someone do that to a mini-van. Sure it isn't a classic "Jeep" and you can't take it offroad, but considering how most SUV are used it is a much more fitting way to build one. On road use only, but a hell of a lot of fun to drive.

jeepca8.png

I love those wheels! If they didn't have that damn "SRT" on them, they'd be on my Cobra.

There are repo's available now, but I don't think your bolt spacing was taken into account. Some idiot made knockoff's in 20's & 22's :(