mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Maggies aren't really meant to be loud and I actually already sent a check to him. They can get loud but need a crapload of power.

Well the BIB's running off of 25W is damn near enough for volume and of course everyone wants the low end. so I thought, the maggies can handle up to 300W so I would assume they get louder then the current BIB's (yes I know assuming is bad lol) and why not stereo subs since everyone is so gah gah over sub notes.

I'm trying to come up with an idea that can handle movies, satisfy the party itches and still be something thats a pleasure to listen too when I sit down to some Miles Davis, or whatever I may be listening to. Oh yeah, and the budget is not too big lol

Different needs. I am concerned, really concerned that with 100w the Maggies won't cut it and that I will need a new amp. Shucks :P However, I wouldn't make the assumption that you are making, in particular if you designed some big arse things with those goals in mind. The Maggies will be great for the Miles, but perhaps the movies and party itches aren't there thing. They will be in the living room in our house that has no tv and just a lot of seating :)

Its give and take. I would give to miles to take from movies and parties :)

But I guess I should focus more on their goals and not mine lol. I still have the BIB's for listening either way

Going to study and get breakfast before the nest stops serving it... lata

I'm trying to come up with an idea that can handle movies, satisfy the party itches and still be something thats a pleasure to listen too when I sit down to some Miles Davis, or whatever I may be listening to. Oh yeah, and the budget is not too big lol

Altec multicell horns.

Best party-turned-audiophile speakers I've heard yet. Pair of 811 horns, B&C neo 15's, bi-amped...

Links :D

To what? :) Search for "Altec 811" on Ebay, check out some of the high-efficiency drivers in Parts Express, go on the High Efficiency forum on AudioAsylum and see what people have used for cabinets and such. The Altec A7 used a horn-loaded cab for the midbass, but you could use a regular bass reflex one too that would take up less room.

man today is going by sooooo slowly. Maybe it's because I got in at 8 today instead of 8:15-8:30 like usual. that extra few minutes must just do it for me.

Maggies aren't really meant to be loud and I actually already sent a check to him. They can get loud but need a crapload of power.

Well the BIB's running off of 25W is damn near enough for volume and of course everyone wants the low end. so I thought, the maggies can handle up to 300W so I would assume they get louder then the current BIB's (yes I know assuming is bad lol) and why not stereo subs since everyone is so gah gah over sub notes.

Different needs. I am concerned, really concerned that with 100w the Maggies won't cut it and that I will need a new amp. Shucks :P However, I wouldn't make the assumption that you are making, in particular if you designed some big arse things with those goals in mind. The Maggies will be great for the Miles, but perhaps the movies and party itches aren't there thing. They will be in the living room in our house that has no tv and just a lot of seating :)

I would set up maggies the same way, or in a dedicated 2 channell room.

Torrents with no seeders makes me teh sadz :(

On test left today at 5:30. Then my school year is officially done!

I would set up maggies the same way, or in a dedicated 2 channell room.

Regrettably the only "dedicated 2 channel room" in the house, will amusingly be the home theater room...of course after I get the funds to finish it, at the moment it is all concrete walls. It will be fun though to make a 2 channel listening room in an area with a movie screen.

and yes it will be 5 chn capable for movies when necessary. How is that for a backwards scenario. :)

after an in-depth analysis of the fiero, i've decided to not buy any shocks/struts until i can afford konis.

haha fixed it

time for works

time for works

time for works

time for works

time for works

time for works

time for works

time for works

time for works

time for works