mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

:nothingtoadd::postwhore:

A few 10 and 12 hour days this week and now I have Friday off!

:dancing:

Too bad I'm kinda sick so I can't fully enjoy it. My nose won't stop producing crap. But I will be watching a movie at an insane volume level today. The gf and I watched Vantage Point (great movie, IMO) last week and she made me leave the sub off because she was sitting right next to it and didn't want to move because it was the closest seat to the fire.

Hmm, any bets if I'll get a paycheck this friday?

Hey we will get paid, yay. At least we're not California. Our $200 million deficit pales in comparison to their........get ready for it.........$40 BILLION!

Nice job, Ahnald. no wonder he's been on TV the last few months pleading for people to visit CA.

the tests are wearing me out quick, this week is the biopharm, last week was pharmacognosy and medicinal chem, before that was phamacokinetics, next week is U.S. healthcare system, then self-care and management of patient centered care final.

the worst part is i think the lowest an exam has counted for is 40% of our grade...YAY

complaining because i haven't had any sleep TOP

Everyone is going crazy.

We had the first armed bank robbery ever (in this city). Also this year there was another attempted robbery which ended up with 2 dead...

I heard on the radio yesterday that there was an outbreak of armed robberies at convenience stores in Atlanta a while back. The police decided to take drastic measures to try and curb the problem. They put in one-way mirrors and a little safety room with an armed guard in it. If an armed robber came in, the guard came out and gave one command to drop the gun and give it up. If the robber didn't heed the warning he got blasted. They brought this up because I think Palm Springs is having a similar problem, but they don't want to go as far as armed guards. Too bad. Sounds like a good solution to me. Instead they just installed more security cameras.

Crazy I tell you.

Let's try to persuade an arm robber that it's not okay to shoot somebody and rob a bank. Or maybe he will get camera-shy when he sees the number of cameras and drops his gun.

the tests are wearing me out quick, this week is the biopharm, last week was pharmacognosy and medicinal chem, before that was phamacokinetics, next week is U.S. healthcare system, then self-care and management of patient centered care final.

the worst part is i think the lowest an exam has counted for is 40% of our grade...YAY

:(

Does this thing go on for the next semesters ? Or it's just this one ?

This fucking "econimic crysis" is mostly on a psihological level, IMO

"The crysis is coming, let's all keep our money stashed away and really cut down on consumption". That kind of mentality is not going to help.

Adrian is a post whore. :P

Indeeeeeed :ghost:

Well proven. lol

Today might be a good day to cash in some gold, currently $997.00 per oz.

Hey we will get paid, yay. At least we're not California. Our $200 million deficit pales in comparison to their........get ready for it.........$40 BILLION!

Nice job, Ahnald. no wonder he's been on TV the last few months pleading for people to visit CA.

wow, I think ours is only a couple billion

I don't know if you guys have heard/read about our situation, but they seriously cut funding for education to try to balance the budget here. I believe the cut was in the 100 million range for FY09. That brings state funding dollars per student back to 1989 levels (not adjusted for inflation).

lol, you'd think with the 7th largest economy in the world we'd be MAKING money, but the bureaucracy runs so damn deep.

"The crysis is coming, let's all keep our money stashed away and really cut down on consumption". That kind of mentality is not going to help.

whoa, I don't think I've ever seen you misspell anything before

*economic

*crisis

*psychological

sounds like a blast, good luck with the exam craziness. are you on the quarter or semester system?

whoa, I don't think I've ever seen you misspell anything before

*economic

*crisis

*psychological

*sigh*

I really made a mess there :(:Doh:

I promise I won't let that happen again.

sounds like a blast, good luck with the exam craziness. are you on the quarter or semester system?

thanks it's kind of hard to describe my "system" as they've tried something new with us this semester. technically they call it a "block" semester, but it's not that either We have different classes that start/end throughout the semester but none of the classes meet regularly. And when one class ends there isn't necessarily another class that takes its place. Like right now we're starting clinical II next week but we don't finish up clinical I until sometime in march. Classes don't meet at a given time (like i don't have whatever on m/w/f), instead they really and truly meet randomly. One of my classes goes from meeting a couple times one week, to not at all on others, and up to 6 times in one week.

i have no idea what they were thinking honestly.

I agree. I honestly can't go a day without seeing a headline that says "Worst crisis since (enter year)," "Economists expect it to stay bad until at least the middle of this year," "Experts say the economy won't be back until 2015." Maybe if the media stopped playing Chicken Little, things may get better sooner.

Everyone is going crazy.

We had the first armed bank robbery ever (in this city). Also this year there was another attempted robbery which ended up with 2 dead...

I heard on the radio yesterday that there was an outbreak of armed robberies at convenience stores in Atlanta a while back. The police decided to take drastic measures to try and curb the problem. They put in one-way mirrors and a little safety room with an armed guard in it. If an armed robber came in, the guard came out and gave one command to drop the gun and give it up. If the robber didn't heed the warning he got blasted. They brought this up because I think Palm Springs is having a similar problem, but they don't want to go as far as armed guards. Too bad. Sounds like a good solution to me. Instead they just installed more security cameras.

Crazy I tell you.

Let's try to persuade an arm robber that it's not okay to shoot somebody and rob a bank. Or maybe he will get camera-shy when he sees the number of cameras and drops his gun.

Oh, I forgot to mention that the tactics used by the police in Atlanta dropped the armed robberies to nearly 0 real quick. Let's see how Palm Springs does........

wow, I think ours is only a couple billion

I don't know if you guys have heard/read about our situation, but they seriously cut funding for education to try to balance the budget here. I believe the cut was in the 100 million range for FY09. That brings state funding dollars per student back to 1989 levels (not adjusted for inflation).

Had an email the other day listing four or five programs that our state was cutting funding to first in order to help the problem, and they were all things like sex education, unplanned pregnancy organizations, helping single mothers, etc.

shooting bad guys top.

Though there is always the concern that that kind of response will garner a more forceful rebellion from criminals.

Everyone is going crazy.

Crazy I tell you.

Let's see how Palm Springs does........

They're going to drop below zero. Prepare to see bank robbers returning money to banks :lol:

thanks it's kind of hard to describe my "system" as they've tried something new with us this semester. technically they call it a "block" semester, but it's not that either We have different classes that start/end throughout the semester but none of the classes meet regularly. And when one class ends there isn't necessarily another class that takes its place. Like right now we're starting clinical II next week but we don't finish up clinical I until sometime in march. Classes don't meet at a given time (like i don't have whatever on m/w/f), instead they really and truly meet randomly. One of my classes goes from meeting a couple times one week, to not at all on others, and up to 6 times in one week.

i have no idea what they were thinking honestly.

that is, uhhhh.... probably the most confusing sounding schedule i've ever heard of. :huh:

Everyone is going crazy.

Crazy I tell you.

Let's see how Palm Springs does........

They're going to drop below zero. Prepare to see bank robbers returning money to banks :lol:

Might help the economy lol :bigclap: