mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I love my son, but damn, am I ever going to get any sleep?

How old is he ? :)

9 months.

9 months.

it only gets better bro. and it's worth every moment in the long run.

changing a rear burnt turn signal in the cooper is a chore, lol. wow.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

on the economy crisis

my engineering economics teacher proposed this plan

to get 5 families living in one house, and help that homeowner payoff their house.

while the other 4 families houses are foreclosed due to them not making their payments.

thus getting the bank to payoff the houses.

and having the families in the one house save all their money in a safe in the house,

so the bank cant get their money.

sounds pretty interesting to me lol

changing a rear burnt turn signal in the cooper is a chore, lol. wow.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

That reminds me- the other day I was changing a rear back-up light in my Explorer, and I pull the bulb out of its housing and all this water comes gushing out of the housing. I look at the bulb and it's full of water. hmm, interesting.

Had an eye appointment with a new doctor just now, and I go in there and tell them that after a while my eyes get dry and itchy. They asked how long I kept the same contacts, I said two months. She said "two weeks?" no, two months. Then she told me that the contacts I have are only meant for two week use, which is why they get bad after a month or so. haha, oops. I coulda sworn my last doctor told me two months. hmm. Well I guess that solves that problem!

I never saw the doctor with my contacts in, but the fuzzy image of her sure looked a lot like Liv Tyler. I think it's a requirement for women eye doctors to be thin and attractive. I've never seen an unattractive one.

9 months.

You are almost there, granted you won't be able to have a nights sleep every night, but the regular bed times and all that stuff comes soon.

http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/be_fit/

Are you in shape? I figure I could do the 1.5 miles in 10 minutes, touch the rim (helped by my height, my vertical is probably only about 25", which is "ordinary"), do 40 pushups, "measure up," and toss a basketball 75 feet. I could also probably run 300 yards under 1 minute and maybe leg press 2.25x my weight. I'm not a very efficient swimmer and I've never even attempted anything close to 700 yards. I also can't touch my toes anymore, and can only bench 1.2x my body weight.

Had an eye appointment with a new doctor just now, and I go in there and tell them that after a while my eyes get dry and itchy. They asked how long I kept the same contacts, I said two months. She said "two weeks?" no, two months. Then she told me that the contacts I have are only meant for two week use, which is why they get bad after a month or so. haha, oops. I coulda sworn my last doctor told me two months. hmm. Well I guess that solves that problem!

I never saw the doctor with my contacts in, but the fuzzy image of her sure looked a lot like Liv Tyler. I think it's a requirement for women eye doctors to be thin and attractive. I've never seen an unattractive one.

damn!

i usually wear my 2-3 weeks maybe 4

but when they start gettin fuzzy i just trash'em

also got me a new pair of glasses so that helps alot!

was using my first prescription glasses(from 4th grade now a junior in college) lol

Werd. Mine is pretty thin, and not bad looking for her age for sure...

Werd. Mine is pretty thin, and not bad looking for her age for sure...

There is a reason for this. Remember when glasses used to be ugly?

They had hot ophthalmologists so that the teenage/ mid life crisis males would wear their glasses just to get a better look at their doctor, and she would always show her approval.

:(

http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/be_fit/

Are you in shape? I figure I could do the 1.5 miles in 10 minutes, touch the rim (helped by my height, my vertical is probably only about 25", which is "ordinary"), do 40 pushups, "measure up," and toss a basketball 75 feet. I could also probably run 300 yards under 1 minute and maybe leg press 2.25x my weight. I'm not a very efficient swimmer and I've never even attempted anything close to 700 yards. I also can't touch my toes anymore, and can only bench 1.2x my body weight.

i'm surprised they don't have 10 pullups on that list.

This fucking "econimic crysis" is mostly on a psihological level, IMO

"The crysis is coming, let's all keep our money stashed away and really cut down on consumption". That kind of mentality is not going to help.

whoa, I don't think I've ever seen you misspell anything before

*economic

*crisis

*psychological

*sigh*

I really made a mess there :(:Doh:

I promise I won't let that happen again.

no worries lol, you still spell better than most on here

the tests are wearing me out quick, this week is the biopharm, last week was pharmacognosy and medicinal chem, before that was phamacokinetics, next week is U.S. healthcare system, then self-care and management of patient centered care final.

the worst part is i think the lowest an exam has counted for is 40% of our grade...YAY

sounds like a blast, good luck with the exam craziness. are you on the quarter or semester system?

thanks it's kind of hard to describe my "system" as they've tried something new with us this semester. technically they call it a "block" semester, but it's not that either We have different classes that start/end throughout the semester but none of the classes meet regularly. And when one class ends there isn't necessarily another class that takes its place. Like right now we're starting clinical II next week but we don't finish up clinical I until sometime in march. Classes don't meet at a given time (like i don't have whatever on m/w/f), instead they really and truly meet randomly. One of my classes goes from meeting a couple times one week, to not at all on others, and up to 6 times in one week.

i have no idea what they were thinking honestly.

that's absurd :Doh:

This fucking "econimic crysis" is mostly on a psihological level, IMO

"The crysis is coming, let's all keep our money stashed away and really cut down on consumption". That kind of mentality is not going to help.

I agree. I honestly can't go a day without seeing a headline that says "Worst crisis since (enter year)," "Economists expect it to stay bad until at least the middle of this year," "Experts say the economy won't be back until 2015." Maybe if the media stopped playing Chicken Little, things may get better sooner.

the media being prudent and responsible? that's silly

We need to issue a gag order to the media about the economy.

We need to issue a gag order to the media about the economy.

how about just gag them all together :)

Chilling at the shop helping out with steel bridge team, they need to hurry up and get something for me to weld.

Chilling at the shop helping out with steel bridge team, they need to hurry up and get something for me to weld.

If they stay too long in one place, just weld them there. That should teach them to hurry up with the work. :ghost:

So I spent 4hrs in front of a mill this afternoon, got quite a bit done though.