mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

that's like buying a Japanese car

I love my Lenovo, but they sure as hell are not cheap.

Lenovo T-61P Thinkpad. :D

Maybe, but if I went PC it would be Toshiba, Sony or Dell. But at this point, I would really just prefer a solid PowerBook. :)

Dell FTW. I have had 4 desk tops and a laptop and i never had a single problem with them. Just upgraded.

Excellent analogy, as I need something simple and reliable. :)

I swear. Everything my roommate touches that has electronics stops working. Either that or my car got pissed that I was driving a different one for a little bit and decided to throw the VATS problem out at me.

Yay, my first post in the IHoP :lol:

Chinese food + coffee + beer = thank god for university crappers.

I think I just lost 5lbs.

Chinese food + coffee + beer = thank god for university crappers.

I think I just lost 5lbs.

I love that kind of diet.

On This Date...

In 1991, Rickey Henderson of the Oakland Athletics stole his 939th base, making him the all-time leader in that category; the same night, Nolan Ryan of the Texas Rangers pitched his seventh career no-hitter (breaking his own record). In 1978, Japan's Naomi Uemura, travelling by dog sled, became the first person to reach the North Pole alone. In 1971, Amtrak (the National Railroad Passenger Corporation) was formed to take over U.S. passenger rail service. In 1956, the polio vaccine developed by Jonas Salk was made available to the public; the same day, a doctor in Japan reported an "epidemic of an unknown disease of the central nervous system," marking the official discovery of Minamata disease. In 1931, the Empire State Building was dedicated in New York City. In 1930, the dwarf planet Pluto was officially named. In 1927, the first cooked meals on a scheduled flight were introduced on an Imperial Airways flight from London to Paris. In 1840, the Penny Black, the first official adhesive postage stamp, was issued in the United Kingdom. In 1785, Kamehameha, the king of Hawai'i defeated Kalanikupule and established the Kingdom of Hawai'i. And in 1751, the first cricket match was played in America. Happy Birthday Tim McGraw (1967), Ray Parker Jr. (1954), John Woo (1946), Rita Coolidge (1945), Judy Collins (1939), Art Fleming (1924-1995), Joseph Heller (1923-1999), Jack Paar (1918-2004), Glenn Ford (1916-2006), Louis Nye (1913-2005), Kate Smith (1907-1986) and Calamity Jane (1852-1903). RIP Spike Jones (d. 1965) and David Livingstone (1873).

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

- Douglas Adams

</FRIDAY>

:coffee: aged sumatra + arabian mocha java x #12 grind + bodum press = win

Lenovo T-61P Thinkpad. :D

Maybe, but if I went PC it would be Toshiba, Sony or Dell. But at this point, I would really just prefer a solid PowerBook. :)

Dell FTW. I have had 4 desk tops and a laptop and i never had a single problem with them. Just upgraded.

I haven't had a Dell that has ever made it without major repairs.

All 3 of my last laptops have had HDD failures, motherboard failures, 2 had screen failures, and a bunch of other shit.

Small company ftw, large company boo.

Excellent analogy, as I need something simple and reliable. :)

You mean overpriced, boring, and impossible to work with.

Yay, my first post in the IHoP :lol:

That is a one-way yay.

:coffee: aged sumatra + arabian mocha java x #12 grind + bodum press = win

Guatemalan beans roasted yesterday + Quick Mill espresso machine ftw!

Wow. Well at least i got some bad news today. My dads shop shut down due to Chrysler filing bankruptcy. :(

That sucks, well a least they finally filed. As apposed to keep sucking money out of us. Now they can start over and rebuild it the right way. Like hopefully they are supposed to. If they choose to do so...

That sucks, well a least they finally filed. As apposed to keep sucking money out of us. Now they can start over and rebuild it the right way. Like hopefully they are supposed to. If they choose to do so...

They are. They said he should have his job back by august. He has been working there for 35 years.. Shitty

Ouch, 35 years. :(

Ouch, 35 years. :(

Yeep. They told him he had nothing to worry about because he had seniority, then blind sided him with a "Dont worry about coming back tomarow". :suicide-santa:

Sorry to here about that. Its sad when an unwell managed company can affect so many other peoples jobs.

On the upside. Maybe in a decade or so American auto makers will be making bad ass cars again.... probably not though

Lol. Doubt it. Now with unemployment we wont have and money to play with so that means i REALLY need to get a job to finish my system. My dad agreed to finish it for me for graduating, but now i have to do it all on my own. Some times thats a good thing tho.

Always a good thing, you don't appreciate what is given to you and life isn't easy like that anyway.