j-roadtatts

J-Roadtatts Honda Accord Build

clean, clean, clean. great work man! fing34.gif

Thanks for the props Brother. How do you like the angled sub look in my ride? you know I got the idea from you.tongue.gif I hope school is being gOOd to you my friend.smile.gif

I have some better pictures without all the sunlight, I will post when I get back from the chiropractor.

Anyways I started to seal up the doors, I started on the front passenger side.

Here are some pictures of the start.

med_gallery_10399_356_779207.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_693411.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_399350.jpg

I think these holes could stand to be a little bigger? But I don't understand back waves So IDK?shrug.gif

med_gallery_10399_356_572231.jpg

The factory plastic........

med_gallery_10399_356_128719.jpg

The door all cleaned up. NOW CHECK OUT THE KOOL POP-UP IN THE BACK GROUND, very trick, holds two atvs on the front. Not mine but in the pic an still wicked KOOL.

med_gallery_10399_356_389307.jpg

Check this stuff out.

med_gallery_10399_356_580692.jpg

I will use it in the doors, in between the two round tube supports and the outside panel. THEY did alittle from the factory, but kinda half assed. THIS will be way mor effective than Damplifier.smile.gif

med_gallery_10399_356_523579.jpg

More pictures soon.

hey bro , working hard I see ! hate to be nag , but I got some tips for you .

in the first picture , all that wood in the back or most of it should not be there , what you got now is a very small box with a really big hemholz chamber .

It should be way more open , also it would be better to bolt your kick-pod directly to the door with the help of a few extra rings . and dampen the door itself inside the door and then seal the door up by sealing all the holes exept for the waterdrainage with aluminum strips(for the bigger holes) and dynamat , creating an (close to) sealed enclosure of 1 to 2 cuft , whitch will allow you to cross your mid even lower and sound good ! make the doorpanel a bit more stiff/heavy with damplifier/dynamat or bitumus against resonations

hope you don't think of me as an ass now :peepwall:

Thank you for the comments BASSMASTER, I was begining to think nobody on here was even looking anymore. PLEASE nag and nitpick EVERYTHING I post pictures of. I REALLY like the input from people that have installed WAY more stereos than me, As i know you guys have already been there done that so to speak. I don't mind peoples comments or just idle chit chat in MY biuld log as I think most people only look at the pictures anyways, thats why I post alot of them.

Anyways These where my first door pods, and as soon as we started talking about speakers in our other theards, I realized the hole was probably ALOT of my problem, CHOKING the speaker. I will open these ones up as much as I can , But will be building ones for the 8" midbass soon and will make them a more open backed design.

I was ASSUMING a door was a IB was didn't know how to pry the awnser out of you guys, I guess EVERYBODY just assumes I should know what they know.

I have some 16-14 gauge aluminum sheet metal (i will post pics) that I will be using over the holes after doing the Butyl rope and a LITTLE Damplifier on the outside panel. Then after covering the holes(except for the midbass hole) with the aluminum I will do some Damplifier where needed and then I have the Luxury Liner Pro (CCF and MLV) I will put on last before installing the door panel. I will be making the 8" midbass pod flater with the door and will mushroom (flare) the bottom of pod more so I can get LESS choking and more opening into the door cavity. IF the LLP doesn't decouple the door panel enough and the panel still resonates I will add mass to the panel or add more foam to decouple it better.

Thanks again for the input BASSMASTER, as I am following your que's on my front stage at this point.trink40.gif

you're right about the IB stuff , you just try to make your whole door as stiff as 3/4 mdf that is braced every x inches , and 100% airtight is something a door will never be eighter .

so aim for as airtight and stiff as possible .

plans look solid !

I'd second the comments from above.

*reading, just not everytime an update happens, you had an answer before I saw the question that was spot on so no clarification was needed although I just did. :P

clean, clean, clean. great work man! fing34.gif

Thanks for the props Brother. How do you like the angled sub look in my ride? you know I got the idea from you.tongue.gif I hope school is being gOOd to you my friend.smile.gif

I have some better pictures without all the sunlight, I will post when I get back from the chiropractor.

haha i love the angled sub look :fing34:

and thanks, lol schools a pain in the ass right now but not too much more of it :)

vids?

Good to hear you are still sticking to the Schooling no matter how hard Mbarber. You will be Happy with the outcome.

Someday I will make a few video's, Probably when I get EVERYTHING done.smile.gif

*reading, just not everytime an update happens, you had an answer before I saw the question that was spot on so no clarification was needed although I just did. tongue.gif

Hey as long as you let me know when I can improve on something I am HAPPY M5. As I know that is usaully the ONLY time you will post anyways.smile.gif

I will have a few speaker choice's for you to review soon, as I have been spending EVERY free moument studying what will fit my needs.

Thanks again M5 for your input and help.smile.gif

popcorn.gif its coming along!

I know I do gOOd work, just not very much of it. HA HA, I do take my sweet time though.trink40.gif

I know I do gOOd work, just not very much of it. HA HA, I do take my sweet time though.trink40.gif

that's how i am trying to do it too, take my time or else i will have to go back and fix it :peepwall:

that's how i am trying to do it too, take my time or else i will have to go back and fix it peepwall.gif

I always go back and fix things I don't like even when I do take my time.LOL

When building I MAKE myself stop when Im get AGITATED.angry.gif

I must say I am impressed. This whole thread bleeeeeeeew me away. Especially since we have the same gen cars. Theres alot of stuff I learned in this. I need to stop half assing lol. ( I was gonna just unbolt the seats clean the floor and lift up the carpet around the center console as much as i could and deaden it that way. Im too scared to take it out lol.) but man .... your build is great. Alot of inspiration. and i have a few questions. Did you notice a big difference from the damplifier on the floor? and i plan to do 3 runs of pos and 3 runs of neg to the trunk. I didnt really decide if i should go under the car or under the carpet yet. What do you suggest.

*reading, just not everytime an update happens, you had an answer before I saw the question that was spot on so no clarification was needed although I just did. tongue.gif

Hey as long as you let me know when I can improve on something I am HAPPY M5. As I know that is usaully the ONLY time you will post anyways.smile.gif

I will have a few speaker choice's for you to review soon, as I have been spending EVERY free moument studying what will fit my needs.

Thanks again M5 for your input and help.smile.gif

Glad to read what you are thinking about drivers. :)

Since you asked for input, if I were you I'd convert that thing to RWD. :drink40:

Looking good man! Keep going strong!

I must say I am impressed. This whole thread bleeeeeeeew me away. Especially since we have the same gen cars. Theres alot of stuff I learned in this. I need to stop half assing lol. ( I was gonna just unbolt the seats clean the floor and lift up the carpet around the center console as much as i could and deaden it that way. Im too scared to take it out lol.) but man .... your build is great. Alot of inspiration. and i have a few questions. Did you notice a big difference from the damplifier on the floor? and i plan to do 3 runs of pos and 3 runs of neg to the trunk. I didnt really decide if i should go under the car or under the carpet yet. What do you suggest.

Good to hear from you Rainman. I don't make it over to the other forums very often BUT I do have your build on instant notifaction SO I am watching.

I think for the average person Deadening the floor would be the last thing I would deaden or LLP for that matter. The floor did become quiter but there are other places that create WAY more noise than the floor as the floor already has quite abit of layers already on it. I dampened the floor because I already had EVERYTHING out to do the LLP. My car is being set up for SQ and I PERSONALLY choose to do ALL the extra work on the floor to lower the noise floor of the car The very little amount. (every bit counts to me)

So if you are asking my opinion, Don't waste your time doing the floor if you are building a SPL car.

AS far as 1/0 ga wire go's, YOU are going through the only place on the passenger firewall where YOU can get wires in the car. AS YOU will notice you will have a hard time even fitting 2 runs of wire through this spot, PLUS the extra bulk of just 1 run of 1/0 ga kept breaking my Right rear door jam piece trying to get the wire under the back seat.

So I MUST suggest going under the car with that many runs. I used a 1 1/4 PVC valve gromment from Checkers for my bigger wire holes. The other thing you could do is run electrical conduit under the car to run the wires through.

I made up my mind on what midbass driver I am going to use thanks to M5's help as usaul. I already ordered them Thursday so now I need to devise a plan of attack on my front doors as the midbasses are going to be some BMF. They are 10"ers.biggrin.gif They are the Aura Sound NS10-513-4A. Heres a link.

Aurasound NS10-513-4A 10" Subwoofer NLA from Madisound

I finally got the F600 bridged to the front's (300rmsx2 @4ohm) and have the gain set at 1/6. The fronts sound SO much better now. The guitar REALLY sounds better. Anyways I will be hooking the F600 to the midbasses and running a seperate amp for the highs. Sould be a beautiful thing. Right now I am still in the planning phase but will keep you guys updated.smile.gif I have everything but a RCA cable for the RF amp, And think I will mount it under one of the seats.

I ordered My fullrange speakers for my dash pods. I choose the Fostex FF85K for the dutys. This driver plays from 100hz to 32k hz, Very Nice!!!!!smile.gif

Anyways right now I am still devising a plan for the door bracing and support. Should be fun.

I am waiting on my alternator, midbasses and my fullrangers to get here in the mail, I hate the waiting game.suicide-santa.gif

Looks like you made some nice choices for the front.

Good luck on the install. Looking forward to the pics and review.

Those Aurasounds are going to be nassssssty.

interested in how you're gonna put this in your car , any ideas on whre and how you wanna mount the fostexes ?

gooking good though .

Dude....your front stage is going to be a beast! I guess it has to be to keep up with the monster sub you have in the trunk! I'm DEFINITELY tuned into this! And I'm sure I speak for most everyone....PICS! PICS! PICS! :popcorn::drink40:

Those Aurasounds are going to be nassssssty.

I HOPE!!!!! Should be like being in the actual studio when it comes to midbass. Concert in a car!!!!! I am VERY exited to get them SO I can start fitting.smile.gif Atleast they are in the mail.biggrin.gif

interested in how you're gonna put this in your car , any ideas on whre and how you wanna mount the fostexes ?

gooking good though .

I am Definetly racking my brain about good ways to mount the midbasses. Mostly How I want to brace the door metal. Once I cut the hole out so they can breathe, I will probably will use an oak strip or two inside the door, then sandwich the metal around the hole with MDF on the other side. I will mount the 10" flat with the door this time, not angled like the 6.5's. Probably build the pod out of fiberglass to keep the weight down, but will also calculate the weight of the pod if I build it out MDF. I don't think it matters as long as the door is solid to start.smile.gif

The Fostex's are going on the dash on axis with the drivers seat. I will build these pods out of fiberglass for a form fitted look on the dash and for a cool shape. I am brainstorming ways to form the top shape of the pod? I can make a wire frame or use metal lathe and glass over that. OR I can mold seperate pieces the shape I want the top of the pod and attach that to my dash piece. MAYBE find something the right shape and modify it. I AM DEFINTLY OPEN TO IDEA'S on both pods.smile.gif