j-roadtatts

J-Roadtatts Honda Accord Build

I'm not sure what you were in possession of, but I think that the midbass demons may be in possession of your time, effort, money, and soul. :drink40:

dammmmmnnnn! That really is going to sound bad (in a good way haha, us kids and our lingo). Did that BTL really bring out the best in metal and rock over your last set up? I don't want to copy your set up but you are making it reallll hard for me wink.gif Pods look sic too

The BTL truely is a loooooow end monster, I know its box dependent, BUT this beast LOVES to play the low notes.

the last set-up was a single type-r 12" on 600 watts RMS, The type-r did NOT play the lows very well,and was NOT very efficent @ 85db@1m. I had the type-R crossed @ 80hz lpf, 18db slope, ssf 30hz. that was in a prefabed box that claimed 32hz tuning and 2cf. net. vol. I had to use bass boost to get the old set-up knockin' in the low notes and I couldn't get it to blend any lower than 80. I have to admit the biggest reason was I had the rear 6x9's, but I quit listening to metal. I would LOVE to kick the guy in the balls that started putting rear speakers in sedans back decks, doors maybe, but nothing good will ever come from speakers that high up behind you.

On to the new set-up, The BTL is a VERY EFFICENT subwoofer @ 93db@1m, SO it sounds amazing even turned WAAAAAY down, infact the SQ is UNBELIEVABLE at any volume. The BTL is seeing right around 2000 watts RMS and is crossed @50hz lpf, 18db slope, ssf @30hz. in my custom box tuned @ 32hz. in 5cf net.

The BTL gives the lowest octave presents like I have never FELT before.hehe. BUT doesn't like to play above 50hz in my enclosure. As far as the metal and rock sounding better, the BTL does everything its asked with ease. The other BIGGEST reason metal sounds better now is NO REARS. the less drivers the better for the true SQ sound of rock and roll and To many drivers with metal just has to much destructive destortion.

The Aura midbass driver is one BMF, and I have to thank NCSU and M5 for the great choice in MIDBASS drivrers.hehe. biggrin.gif I can only hope to have them installed soon.unsure.gif

I finally got to work on the doors today!!!!!! pics in a few, stay tuned.popcorn.gif

I finally got to work on the doors today!!!!!! pics in a few, stay tuned.popcorn.gif

popcorn.gif

I have everything I need to finish my doors and dash, other than time.

Today I got a little time so I started on one of the doors.

First I installed butryl rope inbetween the outer door skin and the cross support tubes inside the door, there was some here factory but not very much, the drivers door is even worse.

Here is the before pic....

med_gallery_10399_356_192554.jpg

and heres with the rope installed.

med_gallery_10399_356_675795.jpg

then I did a layer of Damplifier Pro inside the door on the outer door skin.

med_gallery_10399_356_98178.jpg

Here is an inside the door view.

med_gallery_10399_356_328504.jpg

Next I used some 12ga aluminum I had laying around to cover the holes in the inner door skin. heres a side view of the aluminum plate.

med_gallery_10399_356_353183.jpg

Heres a pic of the whole door with the holes covered.

med_gallery_10399_356_184345.jpg

A close up of the back piece.

med_gallery_10399_356_455048.jpg

This is the front part of the door, you can see the foam tape I wrapperd the wires inside the door with, you can also see the rubber hose I used to cover the sharp edges.

med_gallery_10399_356_348482.jpg

Then I covered the inner skin with the Damplifier Pro.

med_gallery_10399_356_236012.jpg

I rolled the damplifier into the new speaker hole SO theres NO sharp edges.

med_gallery_10399_356_570815.jpg

Next I will install a layer of Luxury Liner Pro and then the door panel and door pods!!!!!!

Isn't that fun!!!

It has to be one of the worst stages of a good install, when you start sticking mat.......

I always get the crap all over me, stuck on the bottom of my shoes,ect... LOL

Looks good though man! :woot:

Looks good brother :popcorn: I really need to do more work on my doors but need the funds first :trippy: I'm out not to far from your way right now in Grand Junction. I would've hit you up for the tat but with my last couple weeks of mayhem, no loot to get some ink. I appreciated the offer though and may try another time.

dammmmmnnnn! That really is going to sound bad (in a good way haha, us kids and our lingo). Did that BTL really bring out the best in metal and rock over your last set up? I don't want to copy your set up but you are making it reallll hard for me wink.gif Pods look sic too

The BTL truely is a loooooow end monster, I know its box dependent, BUT this beast LOVES to play the low notes.

the last set-up was a single type-r 12" on 600 watts RMS, The type-r did NOT play the lows very well,and was NOT very efficent @ 85db@1m. I had the type-R crossed @ 80hz lpf, 18db slope, ssf 30hz. that was in a prefabed box that claimed 32hz tuning and 2cf. net. vol. I had to use bass boost to get the old set-up knockin' in the low notes and I couldn't get it to blend any lower than 80. I have to admit the biggest reason was I had the rear 6x9's, but I quit listening to metal. I would LOVE to kick the guy in the balls that started putting rear speakers in sedans back decks, doors maybe, but nothing good will ever come from speakers that high up behind you.

On to the new set-up, The BTL is a VERY EFFICENT subwoofer @ 93db@1m, SO it sounds amazing even turned WAAAAAY down, infact the SQ is UNBELIEVABLE at any volume. The BTL is seeing right around 2000 watts RMS and is crossed @50hz lpf, 18db slope, ssf @30hz. in my custom box tuned @ 32hz. in 5cf net.

The BTL gives the lowest octave presents like I have never FELT before.hehe. BUT doesn't like to play above 50hz in my enclosure. As far as the metal and rock sounding better, the BTL does everything its asked with ease. The other BIGGEST reason metal sounds better now is NO REARS. the less drivers the better for the true SQ sound of rock and roll and To many drivers with metal just has to much destructive destortion.

The Aura midbass driver is one BMF, and I have to thank NCSU and M5 for the great choice in MIDBASS drivrers.hehe. biggrin.gif I can only hope to have them installed soon.unsure.gif

Lol, I don't know how much credit I can take over M5..... :D Hope he sees that.

I thought about this thread today when I was considering where and IF I wanted to notch my doors to clear the speaker terminals, cause that's all the clearance I'd need :lol:

Got a good bit done man. I know you worked your ass off. It looks so easy in pics, people just do not know it takes DAYS to deaden and seal a door.

The results are worth it tho.

My Pops could care less about my radio, but he rode with me Saturday and when he closed the door he said your doors are solid, how did you do that? That put a big smile on my face.

With just the 7-8lbs of damplifier already made the door seem like my wife was slamming it every time she closed it. I might need to add a gas strut or something to slow the door down with all that extra weight? We shall see.smile.gif

With just the 7-8lbs of damplifier already made the door seem like my wife was slamming it every time she closed it. I might need to add a gas strut or something to slow the door down with all that extra weight? We shall see.smile.gif

damn i bet those doors are solid... :fing34:

damn i bet those doors are solid... fing34.gif

they are going to be, but thats the idea.hehe.tongue.gif

On the other hand the doors are going to be heavy as hell.huh.gif

I didn't get a good before pic of the passanger door, But heres the finished picture with the LLP installed.

med_gallery_10399_356_73922.jpg

The tape I used looks like normal foil tape, BUT it is NOT. The glue on it is really thick and is stickest tape I have EVER used. the glue sticks perment.PERIOD. you are NOT pulling it back off. PERIOD.

med_gallery_10399_356_495006.jpg

I glued the LLP to the door BUT I still like to seal the edges for a TRUE BARRIER.

med_gallery_10399_356_63591.jpg

and another angle.

med_gallery_10399_356_664341.jpg

The door feels VERY solid.hehe. I will report on the effectiveness of blocking outside noise once I have the drivers door LLPed and get a few days testing.

On to the drivers door. Heres the before pic.

med_gallery_10399_356_802526.jpg

I already dampend inside the door in this pic. Next is a pic with the aluminum installed.

med_gallery_10399_356_840445.jpg

and then a layer of Damplifier Pro installed.

med_gallery_10399_356_316497.jpg

I have the LLP cut and ready to go on but ran out of time.

Heres some pictures to show how anemic the factory vibration control REALLY is, The stuff they installed factory was spaced 13 inches apart and only in three places total per support rod.

Theres none even in this picture.

med_gallery_10399_356_47476.jpg

Another angle of the same spot, reference from the old mat.

Heres the BIG piece they installed. thanks guys.

med_gallery_10399_356_242540.jpg

NOW some pictures of how I solved this ploblem and added a shit load of support to the outer panel. I used the butyl rope and packed a piece along the top and bottom of the support rods.

med_gallery_10399_356_638028.jpg

I installed the rope top and bottom the whole lenght of the door.

med_gallery_10399_356_95052.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_564123.jpg

You can buy the Butyl rope from ANY local auto parts store, SO don't worry if you didn't order any with your dampener.

And then on to finishing the pods. BONDO TIME.

med_gallery_10399_356_640663.jpg

The dash pod UNsanded.

med_gallery_10399_356_243513.jpg

And then I woke up to FUCKING SNOW this morning. UGHH.

Sorry to hear about the snow.....I HATE working in the cold. Progress looks good, be sure to let us know soon as to the effectiveness of the LLP. That's the next step in my truck is to put something like LLP over the back wall, the floor and doors (IF I can squeeze it between the panel and the door skin now). My truck is sort of quiet, but I know there's LOTS of room for improvement. I'm following this closely.......

So get back to work and get those midbasses in the doors! :popcorn::drink40:

I will be giving the rear doors the same treatment ALSO.hehe. I love this stuff, Its a night and day differnce once installed in the RIGHT spots, the doors DEFINETLY being one of those spots.trink40.gif

I will definetly finish my "most effective use of LLP" topic when I am done.smile.gif

Get BMW, nice build though, like the box!

I've heard of mlv, but not llp. What is it? I'm guessing very similar or a different name for the same thing?

Nevermind, It's Luxury liner pro. I did a quick couple of searches and didn't find anything.

Edited by hondakilla98

Nice job on them pods so far! :popcorn:

Mmmm Bondo.

Sand on brother. Thats the worst part for me, hate it.

Looking very nice man. :drink40: