j-roadtatts

J-Roadtatts Honda Accord Build

WOW DUDE !!! your front stage looks awesome ... great work, wish I could hear it. You should be able to git rid of the subs now huh ... :drink40:

im in love with your doors. how did you seem to make them both identical after all the sanding?

I think it's called being a badass :P

When tuning, turn your sub off smile.gif

In fact, I'd tune the mids on their own first. Then the midbass on their own. This will help you find some limitations, then you can deal with blending them. Don't forget to try all variations of phase as well.

I did infact start my tuning just as you stated , highs first then mids. I can get the fostex to play down to 200 w/tall slope but They seem to sound cleaner, more open when I cross them up around 500- 615 with tall slope.

I personally seem to prefer a tall slope, at least a 12db slope and usally 18db, I guess its that they are more reconizable in their effects.

I ended the night yesterday with some underlap at the crossover points, seemed to help blending also.

I will start phase testing once I feel I am famillair with my set sound, problably listen with the same settings for a couple days before testing the phasing.

anything else I missed?smile.gif

Dude that is crazy!! I want to do some shit like that lol.

WOW DUDE !!! your front stage looks awesome ... great work, wish I could hear it. You should be able to git rid of the subs now huh ... trink40.gif

NO WAY DUDE, You ain't never felt a BTL hit the the LOOOOOWS BABY!!! trippy.gif In all honesty the imp rises so quick @50hz on the AURA it sends the amp into instant protect if I try to get it to play lower.puzzled.gif

Call TIPS and see if you can get Ray to build you a impedance compensator. They work great. My 6 1/2s will play down below 32 htz.

More pics for you sluts.

the pods....

med_gallery_10399_421_305351.jpg

and the bottom side.....

med_gallery_10399_421_560559.jpg

and the dash......

med_gallery_10399_421_206471.jpg

with the pod installed......

med_gallery_10399_421_882085.jpg

and then some poly fill.......

med_gallery_10399_421_182860.jpg

folded in half.....

med_gallery_10399_421_493441.jpg

and then installed in the pod.....

med_gallery_10399_421_531371.jpg

and the passenger side......

med_gallery_10399_421_672260.jpg

with pod.....

med_gallery_10399_421_817015.jpg

and with the poly fill.......

med_gallery_10399_421_277331.jpg

now for some fitment shots....

med_gallery_10399_421_415251.jpg

up close....

med_gallery_10399_421_387081.jpg

drivers side.....

med_gallery_10399_421_511874.jpg

up close.....

med_gallery_10399_421_216992.jpg

and one from outside the car.

med_gallery_10399_421_847584.jpg

I still need to dampen and LLP my rear doors, then chase a bunch of rattles.smile.gif

Why am I not surprised you have to chase down a bunch of rattles? Oh yeah... EPIC MID BASS

Why am I not surprised you have to chase down a bunch of rattles? Oh yeah... EPIC MID BASS

Ya, they rattle the front interior panels something fierce, not to mention the 15" BTL in the back.captain.gif

And yes the MID BASS IS EPIC, Hehe.

When tuning, turn your sub off smile.gif

In fact, I'd tune the mids on their own first. Then the midbass on their own. This will help you find some limitations, then you can deal with blending them. Don't forget to try all variations of phase as well.

I did infact start my tuning just as you stated , highs first then mids. I can get the fostex to play down to 200 w/tall slope but They seem to sound cleaner, more open when I cross them up around 500- 615 with tall slope.

I personally seem to prefer a tall slope, at least a 12db slope and usally 18db, I guess its that they are more reconizable in their effects.

I ended the night yesterday with some underlap at the crossover points, seemed to help blending also.

I will start phase testing once I feel I am famillair with my set sound, problably listen with the same settings for a couple days before testing the phasing.

anything else I missed?smile.gif

Well another day has gone by, And I will refect on the days tuning.

after my statement about the tall slopes made me think about the other end of that spetrum, SO today I moved the highs up to 1.2k with a 6db slope, and left the mid down at 500 with a 12db slope. So alot of underlap and shallower slopes.

the Fostex seemed to sound alot "brighter" and "more detailed" crossed higher with less slope.

As far as the Aura's, I am still deciding what makes the mid bass sound muddy, but will get there.

I will admit I am pretty happy with the way things are starting to sound SO I know sooner or later I will get everything REALLY dialed in.smile.gif

Oh hellz no, not epic muddy midbass. :drink40:

You have not half assed one damn thing on this install and I am sure you will right get it bro.

Shit looks fucking great!

Its not that the mid bass is super muddy per say, But I am still getting familiar with the these beast's. I was refering more to the getting use to them and getting them dialed in to their FULL potental.smile.gif

Looks REALLY good!!!! Has to be one of a kind! I have no words to describe, oh wait.....EPIC!!

I can see it now....

Some kid is going to start a thread on another thread and he is going to say he wants a lot of mid bass and some guy is going to post a picture of your doors.

Great work brotha!

what are the pros to venting the full range?

Speakers like to breathe.smile.gif

I can see it now....

Some kid is going to start a thread on another thread and he is going to say he wants a lot of mid bass and some guy is going to post a picture of your doors.

Great work brotha!

Honestly I was just looking to do something different and challenging and knew I wanted to use raw drivers and here I am now,lol.biggrin.gif

I can see it now....

Great work brotha!

for sure! this is a great reference to power mid bass :drink40:

im going to go look for some posts to do this with :D

Got some ring terminals in the mail today! The XS batterys have a 5mm bolt so These are 1/4" hole for a tight fight to get good contact.

med_gallery_10399_356_411043.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_657985.jpg

med_gallery_10399_356_104639.jpg

This is kinda random but i just bought those same exact ring terminals :)

How do you like them?

They worked good. I needed ones with a 1/4" hole in them to get max contact on the battery terminals so they fit the bill. I lightly criped them when I soildered them. smile.gif

On another note I am in love with my fostex's.wub.gif And I have the phasing dialed in, I have the x-over points blending, and I ALMOST done matching the gains.

WOW, the SQ is EPIC!!!!! The sound stage is AMAZING!!!!!jump.gifpartybanana.gifrockwoot.gifthanx.gifcookiemonster.gifbananaDance.gif

I wish that I lived close enough to get a demo :(

I wish that I lived close enough to get a demo sad.gif

You and me both! I am SUPER HAPPY with the way things sound, BUT wish I demo it for people that would appreciate as much as I do. smile.gif

There is a competition in Rock Springs, WY that a bunch of Utah buddies and I are going to on the 19th.You should go :D

There is a competition in Rock Springs, WY that a bunch of Utah buddies and I are going to on the 19th.You should go biggrin.gif

Thanks for the heads up Duran. I unfortunetly can't make it bc I am taking the whole next week off for my anniversary (8 yrs). But PLEASE let me know when there are other shows in our area, as I honestly would love to make it to a few just to hear what is possible.smile.gif

I'll take videos for ya :)