sefugi

95 Eclipse Father/Son Project

What happened on the cutouts for the midbasses in the doors? You've got to figure out some way to make the grills not see-thru so those ragged cuts don't catch the eye so much. They really detract from an otherwise incredibly clean install. Maybe some grill cloth on the back of the grill?

What part of town? I grew up in P'cola, went to pilot training there and my family is still there. You originally from that area?

Thanks for the constuctive criticism, I beleive the biggest problem is the panel is grey and the grill is black and now that it is together the grey just shines through. Need to go back and black out the panel behind the grill.

I have been in P'cola all my life. If you remember the Old Chimney on Senic Hwy, we are not far from there.

I just went through 32 pages of incredible work I am happy that you and your son have been able to grow closer to each other in this build.

This whole build is priceless I will not forget what I learned here Thanks. :fing34:

If you just went through all of this thread and it's 5:30 am??? When do you sleep???? With everything you read on this forum there is something to learn, at least I think so. Thanks for the comments!!!!

OK, here are a few updates I promised for tonight. Things are going well with the frontend. We made the support bar for the lights that we are adding to the front of the car that will go wiht the front bumper. It will also be the support for the support bars that will give the front of the bumper some support and give a little adjustment to the height of the front bumper lip. Sorry if it looks a little weird but it's sitting on jackstands to have clearance to be able to get under it for the installation of all the panels and the wiring and lights.So here are some pics.

Front fenders installed.

img3426o.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-03

img3425m.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-03

img3424r.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-03

img3423y.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-03

img3422j.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-03

img3438x.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-03

img3435i.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-03

If all goes well tomorrow we will have the front bumper installed and then continue with the lights. Stay tuned for more updates tomorrow evening.

nice!

We are getting there a peice at a time! Thanks!

Been at it all morning. We got the front bumper on and adjusted and installed the inner fender panels. Here is were we are at...

img3427yf.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-04

img3428y.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-04

img3429ga.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-04

img3430vl.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-04

img3439c.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-04

img3440du.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-04

img3441e.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-04

img3442g.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-04

img3443kx.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-04

Inner fenders installed.

img3449g.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-04

img3450uj.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-04

We will be working tonight to get the sideskirts installed and then move on to the lights in the front. :woot:

If i were you, for your son i'd put a chin spoiler on there. It takes some time to get used to having a car that is so low. Better to scratch up the chin spoiler then the actual front bumper.

:werd_msword:

If i were you, for your son i'd put a chin spoiler on there. It takes some time to get used to having a car that is so low. Better to scratch up the chin spoiler then the actual front bumper.

:werd_msword:

I'm with ya, if it sits like how we mocked it up we should have 4" of clearance all the way around, I think that will be good except for those parking curbs Oh! and the dreaded speedbumps. Thanks for the tip!

sick build. i read all 30 pages last week. been lurking..

anywho. and this is just my personal prefrence, but id move that blue neon up so you cant see the bulb, just the glow. but like i said thats my personal prefrence.

keep it up man, looking great.

anywho. and this is just my personal prefrence, but id move that blue neon up so you cant see the bulb, just the glow. but like i said thats my personal prefrence.

Thanks! We may make some changes on some things once we get this thing were we can take a good look at it as a whole. It's hard to make all those decisions when we have tried each thing as it has been installed, but have not really taken a look at everything together. Thanks for the comment!

+1

glow where you can see the bulb just looks bad.

not gonna like, eclipses with body kits usually just look stupid, but this car looks genuinely mean! I think it's the black mesh and the supports, usually they just throw the kit on, paint it, and forget about it. This just keeps looking better every day.

+1

glow where you can see the bulb just looks bad.

not gonna like, eclipses with body kits usually just look stupid, but this car looks genuinely mean! I think it's the black mesh and the supports, usually they just throw the kit on, paint it, and forget about it. This just keeps looking better every day.

OK OK From the past couple of posts, point taken. Consider it moved. We have tried with our limited body and paint experience to make it look the best possible by paying close attention to the details of it. The neon tube just fell through the crack. THANKS!!

Lots completed since Saturday afternoon. Was able to get the side skirts on, mount the lights in the front, get all the wiring hooked up and set the car back on the ground. We will need to make some adjustments to the lights when we get it outside at night. Here are the pics to update you guys on were we are at with this.

Installing Pass. sideskirt.

img3451e.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3452x.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3453.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3455d.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

You can see by the following pic that we had to use an old rotor to have enough height to get the jack out from under the rear of the car. And to our suprise the body lines seem to be somewhat even. (this body kit had to be trimmed quite a bit during mockup to fit the car)

img3456z.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3457h.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3458y.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

The front end is lookin' tough. :)

I think you would have to be a midget to see the neon the same as in the picture.:lol:

The front end is lookin' tough. :)

I think you would have to be a midget to see the neon the same as in the picture.:lol:

Thanks!!! I agree, but the comments I beleive are correct since you can not see the tubes in the other locations.

Sorry for the delay on more update pics. Imageshack seems to be dragging this morning. Got more, just have to get it uploaded. :shrug:

The body kit went on seemlessly, I am just in love with the color of the car.:)

I think if its not feasible to move the light, that you could make a partial cover (black) that deflects the light down and hides the light. Just a thought to add to the many I am sure you guys are already having.

The body kit went on seemlessly, I am just in love with the color of the car.:)

I think if its not feasible to move the light, that you could make a partial cover (black) that deflects the light down and hides the light. Just a thought to add to the many I am sure you guys are already having.

Yeah, all the body parts are fittin' pretty good. Thanks! I think we have room to move the tube up a few inches, just have to get the car back in the air to access it. Jacking it up is somewhat of a project in itself because of the height and the jack we are using. We knew the drawbacks of the bodykit goin' into this... :woot:

OK on with the updates...

Brackets built for the 1st set of lights.

img3433t.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

2nd set of lights installed to bracket built to car.

img3432x.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3431s.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

Here are some pics of both sets of lights.

img3533y.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3535f.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3536w.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3537q.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

Hopefully these show up, Imageshack is draggin'

Here are pics of the added parking lights on the outboard spots on the front bumper. We used LED modules that can be found here: http://www.oznium.com/led-modules They seem to have a very close color to the original amber corner bulbs. Will get some night shots pretty soon.

img3557n.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3558p.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

Working to get it on the ground...

img3464df.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3465p.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

Finally resting on the ground. Just some random shots.

img3466ct.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3467l.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

Rim dressings installed...

img3539z.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3540b.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3541o.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3542j.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3543m.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3544j.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3545qi.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3546b.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

img3547t.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-09-06

We will get some out of the garage shots today and try to get them up tonight, but first we want to get a little drive time in and make sure everything is operational.

looks great. Video time!

Thanks!! Won't be long!