sefugi

95 Eclipse Father/Son Project

MORE! MORE!.............It's coming together very nicely bro :drink40:

MORE! MORE!.............It's coming together very nicely bro :drink40:

Thanks!! "More! More!".......Got more updates coming this weekend, making progress with the wireing and some extras!

Now that another week has passed, the wiring of the amps is complete. Have done a quick chack that all the amps are coming on and that all the speakers are working. No adjustments have been made except for the initial crossover settings. We have discovered that the damn capcell seems to have some type of internal short causing the rear batteries to go dead overnight. Does not affect front battery because it is isolated from the rear. Contacted Soundstream, got a responce now have to contact repair dept. :suicide-santa: This will be a nice delay. Oh well, on with the pics...

img3337c.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-21

img3338j.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-21

img3339i.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-21

img3342e.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-21

img3344b.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-21

img3351d.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-21

img3352t.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-21

img3389h.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-21

img3390t.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-21

Got some more updates just need to get them sorted and uploaded. Will get them up soon...

Looking good! Keep up the great work!

:popcorn:

Looking good! Keep up the great work!

:popcorn:

Thanks!! Will do our best!

After the wiring of the amps we got the 15 mounted. Here it is...

img3353d.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-21

img3354f.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-21

img3355w.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-21

img3356u.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-21

Went with 8 guage wire for the 15 for the WOW factor, don't think for the power it is needed, but it does look good.

img3357ig.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-21

img3360f.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-21

img3358g.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-21

Got a few more things done, but need to go though the pics and get some type of order to things. Stay tuned...

Haven't checked your thread out in a while and happy to say I'm glad I waited, more fun to see so much all at once.

sub stage setup is looking awesome :)

Haven't checked your thread out in a while and happy to say I'm glad I waited, more fun to see so much all at once.

sub stage setup is looking awesome :)

Thanks!!! Was starting to wonder were you went off too...Glad you came back to take a look!

I have been lurking in the backround since the begining of this build. I love your attention to details and the patience to get the job done correctly.

Good job dude. You and your son should be very proud of yourself. By doing things the right way and showing him the proper way to do things is going to be very valuable to him after he finishes HS and hit the job market. KUDOS!!

Looks great! Keep up the good work

Thanks! Will do.

I have been lurking in the backround since the begining of this build. I love your attention to details and the patience to get the job done correctly.

Good job dude. You and your son should be very proud of yourself. By doing things the right way and showing him the proper way to do things is going to be very valuable to him after he finishes HS and hit the job market. KUDOS!!

Thanks so much for the KUDOS!! Yes I'm doing my best to show him the ropes so to speak.

You can understand fully now that spending time with your son is PRICELESS!!

CONGRATS!!

45534152858871392158100.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-21

Thanks so much for the KUDOS!! Yes I'm doing my best to show him the ropes so to speak.

CONGRATS!!

By sefugi at 2010-08-21

Ha ha thanks im still working on getting through day one. All i can say is if you dont have a child, you wouldnt understand! Im glad i do, now. He is such a blessing.

Anyway enough mushy stuff, people are gonna think im soft. lol

Keep up the kick ass quality!

dang, last time I looked, this was only on page 10. Very nice work! I wish I had the resources and time to do something like this in my car. Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see it finished! definitely get in touch with Soundstream, they will want to see this.

Have you powered up the system yet?

Looks damn nice.

Ran through a check just to make sure the amps are all kicking on, and played it at low volume for a few minutes to make sure we have sound from all speakers minus the 15. Now the fun starts getting all the crossovers dialed in. I'm sure that will take a few weeks. At this point we are moving forward with more building of the car itself.

dang, last time I looked, this was only on page 10. Very nice work! I wish I had the resources and time to do something like this in my car. Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see it finished! definitely get in touch with Soundstream, they will want to see this.

Thanks, yep we are moving right along or at least trying. It seems our resource of time is coming to an end because my son is getting itchy to start driving. Yes, I have plans to give Soundstream a look at this. I think I'll introduce them to the SSA Forum. :fing34:

CONGRATS!!

By sefugi at 2010-08-21

Ha ha thanks im still working on getting through day one. All i can say is if you dont have a child, you wouldnt understand! Im glad i do, now. He is such a blessing.

Anyway enough mushy stuff, people are gonna think im soft. lol

Keep up the kick ass quality!

I'm with ya!!

Hey Mark!! How bout an SSA hat or t-shirt for the new member at SSA forum!!??

Now that the system is mostly installed we can move on to some other things....Remember this car for the most part was gutted as far as anything being with it or installed on it when we got it, so even the simple stuff has to be handled. We had to get some sideveiw mirrors so here they are. These had to be wired so the sidelights and the arrow lights in the glass would flash, and they are powered and came with no wiring diagram. This also ment running wires though the A pillar into the door for these circuits.

img3369g.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-22

img3370o.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-22

img3371k.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-22

The headliner has been in for what seems like months, but finnally got and installed the trim around the sunroof...

img3368k.jpg

By sefugi at 2010-08-22

If all goes well got a few more things lined up to do today and will update tonight.....

Is that headliner made of carbon fiber vinyl?

The side mirrors with side lights look great.

Is that headliner made of carbon fiber vinyl?

The side mirrors with side lights look great.

No vinyl, the headliner is carbon fiber just like the center console as well as the a-pillar covers. We opted for the carbon headliner vs recovering the original since the carbon one we got for $120 shipped. Been lookin for the carbon pass. airbag cover but no luck for one we are willing to pay the $ for.

The amp wiring looks SUPER clean!!! I love all the blue.:fing34:

I am ALWAYS glad to see soilder and heat srink on wiring, I just cringe when I see crimp connectors.

I am am sure the young'n is gettin' antsy panties on ya'.hehe.

The amp wiring looks SUPER clean!!! I love all the blue.:fing34:

I am ALWAYS glad to see soilder and heat srink on wiring, I just cringe when I see crimp connectors.

I am am sure the young'n is gettin' antsy panties on ya'.hehe.

Thanks! wanted the wiring on amps to be tight so it would not be seen from veiwing from rear of car looking into hatch area. Yeah the bluse wires stay with the blue theme.

My son is very good working with the solder and heatshrink.

Oh yeah, school started today and it was a bummer to see him head off to school on the first day and the car is still in the garage, but it's lookin' good....

Nice work with the build! I really like the amp/battery rack. I know mine isn't going to look that good haha.

Nice work with the build! I really like the amp/battery rack. I know mine isn't going to look that good haha.

Thanks!!! Amp rack turned out pretty good for the space. Those XCONS you got are going to pound! :drink40: